The Richmond Spiders (6-1) host the Rhode Island Rams (4-5) as 5-point favorites after Blake Francis went off for 27 points in the Spiders 75-73 victory over Loyola Chicago. The matchup airs on CBS Sports at 6:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 6, 2021. The matchup has an over/under set at 145 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Rhode Island (+5)||Over (145)||Richmond 74 Rhode Island 71|
- In 142.9% of their opportunities this season (10 of seven chances), the Spiders and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under of 145 points.
- Rhode Island has played in four games this season (out of nine total matchups — 44.4% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 145 points.
- These two teams average a combined 150.7 points per game, 5.7 more points than the total of 145 set for this game.
- The Spiders and the Rams have seen their opponents average a combined 2.1 fewer points per game than the point total of 145 set in this matchup.
- The Spiders average point total in matchups this year is 147.4, 2.4 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Rams this year is 1.2 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Richmond Betting Information
- Richmond is solid against the spread, going 4-3 on the season.
- The Spiders have posted an even record of 2-2 against the spread when the spread is -5 or bigger.
- The Spiders and their opponents have gone over the total in 5 of 7 games (71.4%) this season.
Rhode Island Betting Information
- Rhode Island has a 5-4 record against the spread, covering in 55.6% of their matchups.
- When they are at least 5-point underdogs, the Rams have a record ATS of 0-1.
- Rhode Island has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 55.6% of matchups this year (5 out of 9 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/5/2020||Rhode Island||-3||145.5||-158||130||Regular Season||69-61 RICH|
|1/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-67 URI|
- The scoring leader for the Spiders this season is Francis, who averages 16.5 points, 2.0 rebounds, and 2.6 assists per game.
- Richmond’s leading rebounder is Tyler Burton averaging 8.4 boards per game and its best passer is Jacob Gilyard and his 5.7 assists per game.
- The Spiders get the most three-point shooting production out of Francis, who knocks down 2.4 threes per game.
- The Richmond steals leader is Gilyard, who averages 3.8 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Burton, who compiles 0.6 rejections per contest.
Rhode Island Leaders
- The Rams’ Fatts Russell puts up enough points (14.4 per game) and assists (4.2 per game) to top the squad’s leaderboards.
- Rhode Island’s Antwan Walker stats (7.3 rebounds per game, 8.4 points per game, 1.5 assists per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- Jeremy Sheppard leads the Rams in three-point shooting with an average of 1.4 made threes per game.
- Rhode Island’s leader in steals is Russell (2.3 per game), and its leader in blocks is Makhel Mitchell (1.4 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found