The Indiana Hoosiers (12-10) visit the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (12-9) as 3.5-point underdogs after Trayce Jackson-Davis racked up 34 points in the Hoosiers 78-71 loss to Michigan State. The matchup airs on BTN at 8:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 24, 2021. The point total for the matchup is 133.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Rutgers (-3.5)||Over (133.5)||Rutgers 72 Indiana 68|
- In 14 of 21 games (66.7%) this season, the Scarlet Knights and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 133.5 points.
- In 17 of 22 outings (77.3%) this season, Indiana has combined with its opponents to score at least 133.5 points.
- The Scarlet Knights and the Hoosiers combine to average 9.9 more points per game than the over/under of 133.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 4.2 more points per game (137.7) than this matchup’s total of 133.5 points.
- The average point total for Scarlet Knights games this season is 5.4 more points than the over/under of 133.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Hoosiers this season is 8.8 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Scarlet Knights average just 1.2 more points per game (70.9) than the Hoosiers allow (69.7).
- When Rutgers totals more than 69.7 points, it is 9-1 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
- When Indiana allows more than 70.9 points, it is 3-7-1 against the spread and 4-7 overall.
- The Hoosiers put up only 4.5 more points per game (72.5) than the Scarlet Knights give up (68).
- Indiana has put together an 8-0-2 ATS record and a 10-5 overall record in games it scores more than 68 points.
- Rutgers’ record is 3-5 overall and 3-5 against the spread when it gives up more than 72.5 points to its opponents.
- The Scarlet Knights have totaled 59 more points than their opponents this season (2.9 per game on average), and the Hoosiers have scored 62 more points than their opponents (2.8 per game).
Rutgers Betting Information
- Rutgers has struggled against the spread, going 10-11 on the year.
- The Scarlet Knights have struggled to cover, going just 3-6 ATS when favored by at least 3.5 points.
- Rutgers has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 9 times in 21 contests (42.9%).
Indiana Betting Information
- The Hoosiers have a winning record against the spread, going 11-9-2 ATS (covering 50% of the time).
- When they play as at least 3.5-point underdogs, the Hoosiers have a record ATS of 5-5-1.
- In most of Hoosiers games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (13 out of 22 games, 59.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/24/2021||Indiana||-5||134.5||-220||+180||Regular Season||74-70 RUTGERS|
|1/15/2020||Rutgers||-3.5||129.5||-175||+143||Regular Season||59-50 RUTGERS|
|3/10/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||89-73 IU|
|1/30/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-58 RUTGERS|
- Ron Harper Jr. leads the Scarlet Knights in scoring, tallying 15.5 points per game to go with 5.9 rebounds and 1.8 assists.
- Rutgers’ leading rebounder is Myles Johnson averaging 8.5 boards per game and its best passer is Jacob Young and his 3.2 assists per game.
- Harper leads his teammates on the Scarlet Knights with 1.7 made threes per game.
- Young and Johnson lead Rutgers on the defensive end, with Young leading the team in steals averaging 1.7 per game and Johnson in blocks averaging 2.3 per contest.
- The Hoosiers’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Jackson-Davis with 20.2 points and 9.4 rebounds per game.
- Rob Phinisee notches more assists than any other Indiana teammate with 2.8 per game. He also scores 7.0 points and grabs 2.0 rebounds per game.
- Armaan Franklin contributes the bulk of the Hoosiers’ three-point shooting production. He connects on 1.8 threes per game to pace the team.
- The Hoosiers’ leader in steals is Franklin with 1.3 per game, and Jackson-Davis is their leader in blocks with 1.5 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED