The No. 1 seed San Diego State Aztecs (20-4) are favored by 14.5 points in their MWC Tournament quarterfinal matchup against the No. 8 seed Wyoming Cowboys (14-10) on Thursday at Thomas & Mack Center, starting at 3:00 PM ET on CBS Sports. The winner will move one step closer to earning an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|San Diego State||-14.5||-111||-110||143||-110||-113||-1646||852|
- In 29.2% of their games this year (seven of 24 chances), the Aztecs and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s over/under of 143 points.
- Wyoming and its opponents have added up to score more than 143 points in 75% of their games this year (18 of 24 opportunities).
- The Aztecs and the Cowboys combine to average 8.4 more points per game than the over/under of 143 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 7.1 fewer points per game (135.9) than this matchup’s over/under of 143 points.
- The Aztecs average point total in outings this season is 134.5, 8.5 points less than the total in this game.
- Cowboys games this season have averaged an over/under of 152.8 points, 9.8 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Aztecs average just 1.4 fewer points per game (74.4) than the Cowboys allow (75.8).
- San Diego State is 11-0 overall and 9-0 against the spread when scoring more than 75.8 points.
- Wyoming has compiled a 2-8 record against the spread and a 5-6 record overall in games when it allows more than 74.4 points.
- The Cowboys put up 16.9 more points per game (77) than the Aztecs allow (60.1).
- In games it scores more than 60.1 points, Wyoming is 12-0 against the spread and 14-6 overall.
- San Diego State is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 77 points.
- The Aztecs have out-scored their opponents by a total of 344 points this season (14.3 points per game on average), and the Cowboys have put up 30 more points than their opponents on the year (1.2 per game).
San Diego State Betting Information
- Strong against the spread this season, the Aztecs have covered 13 times in 23 contests.
- The Aztecs have posted a winning record of 4-1 against the spread when the spread is -14.5 or higher.
- The Aztecs and their opponents have gone over the total in 13 of 23 games (56.5%) this season.
Wyoming Betting Information
- Wyoming has a winning record against the spread, going 13-10 ATS (covering 56.5% of the time).
- When they are at least 14.5-point underdogs, the Cowboys have fared well, going 1-0 against the spread.
- In most of Cowboys games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (14 out of 23 games, 60.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/30/2021||San Diego State||-18.5||141.5||-2917||+1200||Regular Season||98-71 SDSU|
|1/28/2021||San Diego State||-15.5||141.5||-1637||+868||Regular Season||87-57 SDSU|
|1/21/2020||San Diego State||-22.5||121.5||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-55 SDSU|
|1/8/2020||San Diego State||-15.5||119||-2500||+1042||Regular Season||72-52 SDSU|
|1/8/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-54 SDSU|
San Diego State Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Aztecs this season is Matt Mitchell, who averages 15.4 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 1.9 assists per game.
- San Diego State’s leading rebounder is Nathan Mensah averaging 6.3 boards per game and its best passer is Trey Pulliam and his 3.4 assists per game.
- Jordan Schakel leads the Aztecs in three-point shooting with an average of 3.0 threes per game.
- The San Diego State steals leader is Mitchell, who averages 1.5 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Mensah, who compiles 1.4 rejections per contest.
- Hunter Maldonado leads the Cowboys in both rebounds and assists with 6.9 rebounds and 4.6 assists per game.
- Marcus Williams counts for 14.9 points per game, making him the top scorer on Wyoming’s squad.
- Drake Jeffries paces his teammates on the Cowboys with 2.2 made threes per contest.
- Wyoming’s leader in steals is Williams (1.4 per game), and its leader in blocks is Hunter Thompson (0.5 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED