The goal of every team heading into the college football season is to nab a spot in the tournament, but there are a bunch of teams who have loftier goals than simply making it in. The first order of business for the top teams in the sport is to get into the top 25 and go as high as possible, as that usually means getting a decent seeding in the tournament once the brackets are released. Winning is what matters, but winning a regular-season conference crown is usually what it takes to be up among the top seeds at the end of the season.
As we have seen in the past, making it through the conference schedule unscathed is incredibly tough, and in the Big East tonight, we are going to see one of the unbeaten teams in the conference take a little bit of a tumble. The #18 ranked Seton Hall Pirates will be on the road to face the #5 seeded Butler Bulldogs in what should be an incredibly fun one to watch. The Butler Bulldogs are in as a 5-point favorite, with the point total for this one set at 128.
Seton Hall vs Butler 2020 College Basketball Odds & Game Preview
- When: Wednesday, January 15 at 6:30 PM EST
- Where: Hinkle Fieldhouse, Indianapolis
- TV: FS1
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: Fox Sports Go
- College Basketball Odds: Butler -5 (Total 128)
Why bet on the Seton Hall Pirates?After taking back to back losses to Rutgers and Iowa State, the Seton Hall Pirates have spent the last few weeks trying to claw themselves back up the rankings, which they have been able to do by reeling off 6 straight wins. Not only have they been picking up wins at a regular clip, but they have also covered the spread in each of those last 6 games.
This has helped them get out to a perfect 4-0 start to conference play in the Big East, which has them ahead of the Butler Bulldogs by a ½ game. They have had issues on the road, going 4-9 SU in their last 13 away from home, while going 4-6 SU in their last 10 overall against Butler. On a positive note, the Pirates are 9-0 ATS in their last 9 games against conference foes.
- Total Score: 75.06
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.06
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.23
- Free Throw Percentage: 68.90
- Total Rebounds: 38.13
- Total Score: 64.06
- Field Goal Percentage: 38.40
- Three-Point Percentage: 30.41
- Free Throw Percentage: 67.50
- Total Rebounds: 36.44
Why bet on the Butler Bulldogs?The Butler Bulldogs are more than deserving of their #5 seed right now, as they come into this game with a 15-1 record, with their lone loss on the season coming at the hands of the #2 seeded Baylor Bears. Since that defeat, the Bulldogs have won 6 in a row, which included putting together a perfect 3-0 SU record in Big East Conference play.
Butler has proven to be impossible to beat at home of late, winning each of their last 10 on home court. They have also been a fantastic bet against the spread of late, going 7-2 ATS in their last 9 overall. While they have been winning against conference foes, Butler is just 3-6 ATS in their last 9 games against teams from the Big East.
- Total Score: 68.81
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.80
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.22
- Free Throw Percentage: 70.23
- Total Rebounds: 35.44
- Total Score: 54.38
- Field Goal Percentage: 36.83
- Three-Point Percentage: 26.20
- Free Throw Percentage: 65.09
- Total Rebounds: 28.31
Seton Hall vs Butler College Basketball Betting Trends
- Pirates are 4-9 SU in their last 13 games on the road
- Pirates are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games this season
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Seton Hall’s last 5 games played in January
- Bulldogs are 10-0 SU in their last 10 games at home
- Bulldogs are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games this season
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Butler’s last 8 games played on a Wednesday
Expert Pick & Final Score PredictionYou look at what Butler has been doing at home and how Seton Hall has not been great on the road and you have what appears to be a bit of a slam dunk. While I like Butler to win, I think we are looking at a close one.
Score: Seton Hall Pirates 66 – Butler Bulldogs 69