The mark of a good team is not always about how many games you can win in a row. More often than not, the best teams show what they are really made of the moment they have to face some level of adversity. If you crumble after taking a tough defeat, it makes you wonder how that team is going to handle the added pressure that comes once the playoffs kick into high gear. Duke is being put through the wringer right now after losing Zion Williamson to injury, while the team they displaced for the #1 national ranking, the Tennessee Volunteers, are beginning to go off the rails a little in the last week and a half.
The Vols are dropping down the national rankings, while also seeing their shot at an SEC regular season conference crown start to slip away because of their dip in form. They will have another tricky one on their hands when they hit the road on Wednesday night to face the Ole Miss Rebels. Tennessee is in as a 5.5-point favorite, with the point total set at 145.5.
Tennessee at Ole Miss NCAA Basketball Betting Lines & Game Info
LIVE NOW: Coach Barnes’ Weekly Press Conference: previewing Wednesday’s trip to Ole Miss. https://t.co/3ZTYeVvagq— Tennessee Basketball (@Vol_Hoops) 25 de febrero de 2019
- When: Wednesday, January 27 at 7 PM EST
- Where: The Pavilion at Ole Miss, Oxford
- TV: SEC Network
- Radio: TuneIn/NCAAB
- Live Stream: Watch SEC Sports
- NCAA Basketball Betting Lines: Tennessee Volunteers -5.5 (Total 145.5)
Why bet on the Tennessee Volunteers?Yes, the Tennessee Volunteers have hit a rough patch of form, dropping out of the #1 spot all the way down to #7, but this is still a team that needs to be considered one of the favorites to go all the way this year. That said, they need to get back to winning ways over the next couple of weeks, and they also need to make a deep run in the SEC tournament if they are to get some of their swagger back before March Madness begins.
Another thing to remember here is that the 3 losses that Tennessee have taken this season have come versus ranked opposition, which means they remain unbeaten against teams outside the top 25. They are a half game back of Kentucky and LSU, two of the teams that beat them in the SEC, so getting to the top is going to be tough. Tennessee are 5-2 ATS as a road favorite.
- Total Score: 83.59
- Field Goal Percentage: 50.43
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.01
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.50
- Total Rebounds: 37.93
- Total Score: 67.96
- Field Goal Percentage: 39.35
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.23
- Free Throw Percentage: 64.23
- Total Rebounds: 34.00
Why bet on the Ole Miss Rebels?What looked to be a season that was going out with a whimper has been quickly turned around by the Rebels, as they come into this one having won 5 of their last 6 games after going on a run that saw them lose 4 in a row. Their current hot streak takes them to 19-8 on the season and 9-5 in SEC Conference play.
The Rebels will be looking at this as an opportunity to take advantage of a team that is reeling at the moment and they have proven that they can spring the upset, going 2-2 SU against ranked opposition this season. They have also had the edge against Tennessee in recent seasons, going 6-4 against them in their last 10 meetings, although just 1-5 ATS versus the Vols in the last 6 in Oxford. Overall, the Rebels are 9-5 ATS at home this season.
- Total Score: 76.41
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.38
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.50
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.95
- Total Rebounds: 34.96
- Total Score: 70.19
- Field Goal Percentage: 43.04
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.98
- Free Throw Percentage: 70.87
- Total Rebounds: 32.81
Tennessee vs Ole Miss NCAA Basketball Betting Trends
- Tennessee is 15-7 ATS in its last 22 games on the road
- Tennessee is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Tennessee’s last 5 games on the road
- Mississippi is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Mississippi is 10-3 SU in its last 13 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Mississippi’s last 9 games at home
Expert Pick and Final Score PredictionThe big question here is whether the Volunteers can snap out of the funk that has seen them lose 2 of 3. This is not going to be an easy one by any means, but I do like Tennessee to get the win, although I am not so sure they cover the spread.
Score: Tennessee Volunteers 75 – Ole Miss Rebels 72