The Arkansas-Pine Bluff Golden Lions (3-18) are big, 13.5-point underdogs as they look to break a 10-game losing streak when they visit the Texas Southern Tigers (8-8) on Thursday, February 25, 2021 at H&PE Arena. The contest airs at 8:30 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 140.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Texas Southern (-13.5)||Under (140.5)||Texas Southern 78 UAPB 62|
- In 11 of 16 games (68.8%) this season, the Tigers and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s over/under of 140.5 points.
- UAPB has played in 12 games this season (out of 21 total matchups — 57.1% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 140.5 points.
- The Tigers and the Golden Lions combine to average 7.6 less points per game than the over/under of 140.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 147.9 points per game, 7.4 more than the point total for this matchup.
- The Tigers average point total in outings this year is 141.4, 0.9 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average total in Golden Lions games this year is 1.1 fewer points than the point total of 140.5 in this outing.
Texas Southern Betting Information
- The Tigers have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 5-8-1 record.
- When favored by at least 13.5 points, the Tigers have put together a 1-1 record ATS.
- The Tigers have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 7 times in 14 games this season.
UAPB Betting Information
- UAPB has an 11-8-1 record against the spread, covering in 55% of their contests.
- In most of UAPB’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (10 out of 20 games, 50%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/23/2021||Texas Southern||-10||145||-578||+416||Regular Season||66-57 TXS|
|2/24/2020||Texas Southern||-7||130||-326||+251||Regular Season||74-72 ARPB|
|1/27/2020||Texas Southern||-15||135.5||-2100||+930||Regular Season||68-57 TXS|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||94-74 TXS|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-86 ARPB|
Texas Southern Leaders
- The Tigers leader in points and assists is Michael Weathers, who scores 14.1 points per game along with 3.3 assists.
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas is Texas Southern’s best rebounder, hauling in an average of 6.2 boards in each contest while scoring 9.1 points per game.
- The Tigers get the most three-point shooting production out of Galen Alexander, who knocks down 1.3 threes per game.
- Weathers is Texas Southern’s leader in steals, averaging 2.5 steals per game, while John Walker III leads them in blocks with 1.3 per contest.
- Shaun Doss records 16.6 points and 6.3 rebounds per game for the Golden Lions, making him the top scorer and rebounder on the team.
- UAPB’s assist leader is Joshuwan Johnson with 3.4 per game. He also scores 10.5 points per game and adds 2.6 rebounds per game.
- Jalen Lynn is the top scorer from distance for the Golden Lions, hitting 1.3 threes per game.
- UAPB’s leader in steals is Johnson (1.3 per game), and its leader in blocks is Markedric Bell (1.8 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED