When March Madness begins, all of with even a fleeting interest in college basketball take time to fill out a bracket. It is almost impossible to make it all the way to the end without taking a hit or two along the way, and I am positive that a lot of perfect brackets were busted over the weekend. Prior to the start of the 2019 version of the tournament, the Duke Blue Devils were installed as one of the heaviest favorites in recent memory. They were made to battle all the way to the Elite 8, but they finally ran out of luck when they met the Michigan State Spartans, going down in what was one of the best games in the tournament.
The Michigan State Spartans are now just one win away from playing for the National Championship, where they will face either Virginia or Auburn, but they need to avoid having a letdown after that big win over Duke. Next up are the Texas Tech Red Raiders, a #3 seed who is currently in as a 2.5-point underdog. The current point total for this one is 132 ½.
Texas Tech vs Michigan State March Madness Lines & Game Info
#WreckEm⚫️ pic.twitter.com/K40nnBFFGU — Texas Tech Basketball (@TexasTechMBB) 1 de abril de 2019
- When: Saturday, April 6 at 8:49 PM EST
- Where: U.S. Bank Stadium, Minneapolis
- TV: CBS
- Live Stream: March Madness Live
- March Madness Lines: Michigan State -2.5 (Total 132.5)
Why bet on the Texas Tech Red Raiders?
The Spartans may have stolen the majority of the headlines with their win over the Duke Blue Devils, but don’t let that blind you to what Texas Tech have accomplished in the tournament. They absolutely cruised through the opening two rounds, but after that, they may well have had the toughest path to the Final Four of all the teams that are there.
They went into the Sweet 16 with a match-up against the #2 ranked Michigan Wolverines, the team that lost in the final last year, winning that one 63-44. They then followed up that impressive win with yet another, taking down #1 ranked Gonzaga by a score of 75-69. The Red Raiders have covered the spread in all 4 tournament games and are 4-3 SU as the underdog this season.
- Total Score: 72.97
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.14
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.54
- Free Throw Percentage: 73.12
- Total Rebounds: 34.11
- Total Score: 59.03
- Field Goal Percentage: 36.89
- Three-Point Percentage: 29.26
- Free Throw Percentage: 68.66
- Total Rebounds: 32.53
Why bet on the Michigan State Spartans?
The truth of the matter as it pertains to Michigan State is that their Elite 8 game versus Duke was the first time that they have been seriously tested in this tournament. They had made things look incredibly easy to that point, winning by double-digit margins in 2 of their 3 games prior to the 68-67 win over Duke.
This is a team that is proving to be more than worthy of their #2 seed in the tournament, with many now considering them the favorite to win it all. The Spartans have thrived in neutral venue games this season, going an impressive 9-1 SU. They have also embraced the favorite tag, going 29-4 SU this season. They have also proven to be an excellent bet against the spread, posting a 27-11 record ATS.
- Total Score: 78.26
- Field Goal Percentage: 48.37
- Three-Point Percentage: 38.05
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.24
- Total Rebounds: 40.63
- Total Score: 65.08
- Field Goal Percentage: 37.95
- Three-Point Percentage: 31.44
- Free Throw Percentage: 68.02
- Total Rebounds: 31.74
Texas Tech vs Michigan State March Madness Betting Trends
- Texas Tech is 140-185 ATS as an underdog since 1997
- Texas Tech is 12-5 ATS when playing against a team with a winning record after 15 or more games this season
- Michigan State is 23-7 ATS when playing against a team with a winning record this season
- Michigan State is 14-4 ATS when playing against a team with a winning record after 15 or more games this season
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Texas Tech vs Michigan State
These two teams strike me as being evenly matched, as they have both overcome some of the best teams in the tournament to get here. This is one that might well need some OT to decide it, but I am going to go with the Spartans to win a close one.
Score: Texas Tech Red Raiders 68 – Michigan State Spartans 70
March Madness Expert Betting News
College Basketball Odds | March Madness Betting
- Sports to Bet This Weekend Saturday March 27th Edition
- Early 2020 College Basketball Championship Odds – April 9th
- Texas Tech vs Virginia 2019 Men’s College Basketball National Championship Odds / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & Preview
- March Madness 2019 Printable NCAA Bracket
- Michigan State 2019 March Madness Final Four Betting Preview
- Virginia 2019 March Madness Final Four Betting Analysis
- Auburn 2019 March Madness Final Four Betting Preview
- Texas Tech 2019 March Madness Final Four Betting Analysis
- 7 Things to Know Before Betting on the 2019 March Madness Final Four
- Updated 2019 College Basketball Championship Odds – April 2nd
- Texas Tech vs Michigan State March Madness Lines / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & Pick
- Auburn vs Virginia March Madness Odds / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & Preview
- Michigan State vs Duke March Madness Odds / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & Preview
- Auburn vs Kentucky March Madness Odds / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & Preview
- Houston vs Kentucky March Madness Odds / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & Preview