K.J. Walton leads the Ball State Cardinals (10-11) against the Toledo Rockets (19-7) after putting up 32 points in a 100-65 win over Eastern Michigan. The Rockets are 9-point favorites in the matchup on Friday, March 5, 2021, which tips off at 7:00 PM ET on CBS Sports. The matchup has an over/under of 152.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Toledo (-9)||Under (152.5)||Toledo 80 Ball State 70|
- The Rockets and their opponents have combined for 152.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 13 of 26 games (50%) this year.
- Ball State and its opponents have combined to score at least 152.5 points in six of 21 opportunities (28.6%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined 2.8 more points per game (155.3) than this game’s over/under of 152.5 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 145.5 points per game, 7.0 less than the point total for this matchup.
- The average point total for Rockets games this year is equal to the total of 152.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for Cardinals games this season is 4.1 fewer points than the point total of 152.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 81 points per game the Rockets average are 6.9 more points than the Cardinals give up (74.1).
- Toledo has a 15-3 record overall and a 13-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 74.1 points.
- In games Ball State allows more than 81 points, it is 0-6 against the spread and 1-5 overall.
- The Cardinals’ 74.3 points per game are just 2.9 more points than the 71.4 the Rockets give up.
- Ball State has put together an 8-0 ATS record and a 9-3 overall record in games it scores more than 71.4 points.
- Toledo’s record is 6-6 overall and 7-5 against the spread when it allows more than 74.3 points to its opponents.
- The Rockets have scored a total of 250 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 9.6 per game), and the Cardinals have out-scored opponents by only four points on the season (0.2 more per game).
Toledo Betting Information
- Toledo is strong against the spread, going 17-8 this season.
- The Rockets have posted a winning record of 6-2 against the spread when the spread is -9 or bigger.
- The Rockets and their opponents have gone over the total in 14 of 25 games (56%) this season.
Ball State Betting Information
- The Cardinals have an 8-13 record against the spread, covering in only 38.1% of their matchups.
- When they are at least 9-point underdogs, the Cardinals have gone 1-1 against the spread.
- The Cardinals and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this year — 15 of 21 (71.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/6/2021||Toledo||-8.5||149||-417||+321||Regular Season||81-67 BALLST|
|2/29/2020||Toledo||-2||136||-137||+111||Regular Season||69-63 TOLEDO|
|1/3/2020||Ball State||-1.5||136.5||-126||+104||Regular Season||61-57 BALLST|
|2/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-72 TOLEDO|
|1/4/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-64 BALLST|
- Marreon Jackson leads the Rockets in points and assists per game, scoring 17.4 points and distributing 6.0 assists.
- Setric Millner Jr. leads the Rockets in rebounding, grabbing 6.5 boards per game while also scoring 12.2 points a contest.
- Spencer Littleson leads the Rockets in three-point shooting, making an average of 3.6 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Jackson and JT Shumate lead the Rockets on the defensive end, with Jackson leading the team in steals averaging 2.0 per game and Shumate in blocks averaging 1.3 per contest.
Ball State Leaders
- The Cardinals’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Walton with 16.2 points and 5.8 rebounds per game.
- Jarron Coleman’s assist statline leads Ball State; he records 3.4 assists per game.
- Coleman knocks down 2.2 three-pointers per game, the most on the Cardinals.
- Ishmael El-Amin (1.5 steals per game) and Blake Huggins (0.7 blocks per game) lead the Cardinals in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED