This weekend is the end of the NCAA regular season and Conference Tournaments. Wow – what a season it has been. There has been a ton of great games, and the conference races were terrific. It’s time to give some thoughts on this weekend and how you will work around the NCAA basketball odds, when Selection Sunday arrives.
Games left to be played. Work left to be done. Watch. Us. pic.twitter.com/b6tysKnI3g
— Go Shockers (@GoShockers) March 6, 2016
Top Predictions for March Madness Selection Sunday
- The Wichita State Shockers will be back in the tournament. Despite losing in their conference tournament, Gregg Marshall and the Shockers will be back in. The Shockers are on the bubble, but man, their two losses in conference play should prove to be solid. Wichita State will be in the tournament and no worse than a 10 seed.
- The Kansas Jayhawks will be the top overall seed in the tournament. When the #1’s are announced, Kansas will be there. No matter what happens in the Big 12 tournament, this will be the case. Bill Self and his Jayhawks have the best resume of any team in the tournament.
- Both the Duke Blue Devils and Wisconsin Badgers will be back in the NCAA tournament, and likely will have a chance to meet during the first weekend. Wow – that would be something. But, it’s very likely that Duke could end up with a 3 of 4 seed, while the Wisconsin Badgers could be a 5 or 6 seed. It’s very possible, and one of our top March Madness Selection Sunday predictions.
- Monmouth will NOT be in the NCAA tournament. A ton of talk about Monmouth making it in the tournament. The prediction here is no. The crowd favorite will be playing in the NIT this spring. While it may not be popular, it’s something that will need to be done.
- There will be no conference with more than 7 teams in the NCAA tournament. The Big Ten and the Atlantic Coast Conference will both have 7. Do not expect any conference to have more than 7. It’s possible the Big Ten could get an 8th team if Michigan or Ohio State get hot, but not likely.
- Michigan State will look like the favorite in whatever region they are placed in. Yes, Tom Izzo and his Michigan State Spartans are red hot once again. It’s March, so would you expect anything different? The Spartans will be a tough team to eliminate from your March Madness bracket contest.
- Northern Iowa will be a team that’s tough to bet against. Whenever the Panthers are placed in the bracket, it will look like a great game to predict an upset. The Panthers have wins over North Carolina and Iowa State on the season. No matter what their first round matchup is – they will look good.