The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (3-9) will look to stop a four-game losing streak when they host the UAB Blazers (12-2) on Thursday, January 28, 2021 at Murphy Athletic Center as 8.5-point underdogs. The contest airs at 9:00 PM ET on CBS Sports. The point total is set at 130.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UAB (-8.5)||Under (130.5)||UAB 71 Middle Tennessee 59|
- The Blazers and their opponents have combined to score more than 130.5 points in 64.3% of their outings this year (nine of 14 opportunities).
- In five of 12 games (41.7%) this season, Middle Tennessee has combined with its opponents to score at least 130.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 136.3 points per game, 5.8 more points than the total of 130.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 125.7 points per game, 4.8 less than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average point total in Blazers games this season is 3.4 more points than the over/under of 130.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for Blue Raiders games this season is 2.3 fewer points than the point total of 130.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Blazers put up 75.4 points per game, 8.2 more points than the 67.2 the Blue Raiders allow.
- UAB has a 9-0 record overall and a 6-0 record against the spread when putting up more than 67.2 points.
- In games when Middle Tennessee gives up more than 75.4 points, it is 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 overall.
- The Blue Raiders score an average of 60.9 points per game, only 2.4 more points than the 58.5 the Blazers give up to opponents.
- Middle Tennessee has compiled a 3-4 overall record and a 2-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 58.5 points.
- UAB has a 4-2 record overall and an ATS record of 3-2 in games when its opponents score more than 60.9 points.
- The Blazers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 236 points this season (16.9 points per game on average), and opponents of the Blue Raiders have out-scored them by 76 more points on the year (6.3 per game).
UAB Betting Information
- UAB has been good against the spread this season, posting an 8-4 record.
- When favored by at least 8.5 points, the Blazers have fared well against the spread, compiling a 6-3 record.
- The Blazers have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 5 of 12 games (41.7%).
Middle Tennessee Betting Information
- Middle Tennessee has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its outings, going 2-9 ATS.
- Middle Tennessee has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 36.4% of matchups this year (4 out of 11 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/15/2020||UAB||-2||139||-137||+110||Regular Season||79-66 UAB|
|2/12/2020||UAB||-7.5||134.5||-360||+275||Regular Season||83-72 UAB|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-78 MTNST|
|1/30/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-65 MTNST|
- Michael Ertel leads the Blazers in scoring, tallying 13.4 points per game to go with 3.4 rebounds and 1.2 assists.
- UAB’s leading rebounder is Trey Jemison averaging 7.0 boards per game and its best passer is Tavin Lovan and his 2.8 assists per game.
- Jalen Benjamin leads the Blazers in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.3 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Quan Jackson and Jemison lead the Blazers on the defensive end, with Jackson leading the team in steals averaging 2.8 per game and Jemison in blocks averaging 2.4 per contest.
Middle Tennessee Leaders
- Dontrell Shuler racks up 12.1 points and adds 3.1 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Blue Raiders’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- The Blue Raiders’ top rebounder is Jo’Vontae Millner — he pulls down 5.4 per game while scoring 7.5 points per game.
- Jordan Davis leads the Blue Raiders in three-point shooting with an average of 1.3 made threes per game.
- The Blue Raiders’ leader in steals is Davis with 1.9 per game, and Millner is their leader in blocks with 0.6 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. NC State Wolf Pack: 2/24/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Mercer Bears vs. Chattanooga Mocs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Seton Hall Pirates vs. Butler Bulldogs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Furman Paladins vs. Citadel Bulldogs 2/24/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Mississippi State Bulldogs vs. South Carolina Gamecocks: 2/24/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends