The Dayton Flyers (7-1) are 6-point underdogs as they look to build on a six-game win streak when they visit the VCU Rams (7-4) on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at Stuart C. Siegel Center. The game airs at 4:30 PM ET on CBS Sports. The matchup has an over/under set at 135 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|VCU (-6)||Over (135)||VCU 73 Dayton 65|
- In seven of 11 opportunities (63.6%) this season, the Rams and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s point total of 135 points.
- Dayton has played in three games this season (out of eight total matchups — 37.5% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 135 points.
- The Rams and the Flyers combine to average 11.4 more points per game than the total of 135 set for this game.
- The Rams and the Flyers have seen their opponents average a combined 2.5 fewer points per game than the over/under of 135 set for this game.
- The Rams average point total in outings this year is 141.1, 6.1 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average total for Flyers games this year is 2.8 more points than the point total of 135 in this outing.
VCU Betting Information
- Against the spread, VCU has been strong this season, posting a 6-4 record.
- When favored by at least 6 points, the Rams have fared well against the spread, compiling a 4-2 record.
- The Rams have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 4 of 10 games (40%).
Dayton Betting Information
- Dayton has covered the spread in more than half of its games, going 5-3 ATS.
- When they are at least 6-point underdogs, the Flyers have a record ATS of 2-2.
- Dayton has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 37.5% of matchups this season (3 out of 8 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/18/2020||Dayton||-3||143||-157||+130||Regular Season||66-61 DAYTON|
|1/14/2020||Dayton||-8||137.5||-399||+297||Regular Season||79-65 DAYTON|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-68 VCU|
|1/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-71 VCU|
- Nah’Shon Hyland leads the Rams in scoring, tallying 17.9 points per game to go with 3.6 rebounds and 1.6 assists.
- Vince Williams leads the Rams in rebounding, averaging 5.1 per game, while Adrian Baldwin Jr. leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.6 in each contest.
- Hyland provides the bulk of the Rams’ three-point shooting production. He makes 3.0 threes per game to lead the team.
- Hyland is the Rams leader in steals, averaging 2.2 steals per game, while Hason Ward leads them in blocks with 2.2 per contest.
- The Flyers’ Jalen Crutcher averages enough points (19.5 per game) and assists (4.6 per game) to sit atop the team’s leaderboards.
- Jordy Tshimanga’s stat line of 8.1 rebounds, 6.4 points and 0.7 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Dayton rebounding leaderboard.
- Ibi Watson leads the Flyers in three-point shooting with an average of 2.5 made threes per game.
- Rodney Chatman (2.2 steals per game) is the steal leader for Dayton while Chase Johnson (0.6 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED