The VCU Rams (6-2) host the Rhode Island Rams (4-5) as 6-point favorites after Nah’Shon Hyland racked up 31 points in the VCU Rams 93-68 victory over Western Carolina. The matchup airs on CBS Sports at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 9, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 138.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|VCU (-6)||Over (138.5)||VCU 75 Rhode Island 68|
- The VCU Rams and their opponents have scored more than 138.5 points in 62.5% of their games this year (five of eight opportunities).
- Rhode Island has combined with its opponents to score more than 138.5 points in five of nine games (55.6%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined 12.4 more points per game (150.9) than this matchup’s total of 138.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.7 fewer points per game (134.8) than this matchup’s over/under of 138.5 points.
- The average over/under the VCU Rams have had set in games this year is 1.0 more point than this outing’s point total.
- The average total for Rhode Island Rams games this year is 7.7 more points than the point total of 138.5 for this outing.
VCU Betting Information
- Against the spread, VCU has been strong this season, posting a 6-1 record.
- When favored by at least 6 points, the VCU Rams have fared well against the spread, putting together a 4-0 record.
- The VCU Rams have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 2 of 7 contests this season, a rate of 28.6%
Rhode Island Betting Information
- The Rhode Island Rams have a winning record against the spread, going 5-4 ATS (covering 55.6% of the time).
- When they are at least 6-point underdogs, the Rhode Island Rams have not fared well, going 0-1 against the spread.
- The Rhode Island Rams and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this year — 5 of 9 (55.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/31/2020||Rhode Island||-1||141||-118||-105||Regular Season||87-75 URI|
|1/11/2020||VCU||-8.5||140.5||-435||+325||Regular Season||65-56 URI|
|2/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-42 VCU|
|1/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-65 URI|
- The scoring leader for the VCU Rams this season is Hyland, who averages 17.6 points, 3.4 rebounds, and 1.6 assists per game.
- Vince Williams leads VCU in rebounding, averaging 5.2 per game, while Adrian Baldwin Jr. leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.9 in each contest.
- Hyland hits more threes per game than any other member of the VCU Rams, knocking down shots from deep at a clip of 2.9 per game.
- Baldwin is the VCU Rams leader in steals, averaging 2.0 steals per game, while Hason Ward leads them in blocks with 1.8 per contest.
Rhode Island Leaders
- Fatts Russell racks up 14.7 points and adds 4.2 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Rhode Island Rams’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- Antwan Walker’s stat line of 7.4 rebounds, 8.7 points and 1.4 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Rhode Island rebounding leaderboard.
- Jeremy Sheppard leads the Rhode Island Rams in three-point shooting with an average of 1.5 made threes per game.
- Russell (2.3 steals per game) and Makhel Mitchell (1.4 blocks per game) lead the Rhode Island Rams in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found