The VCU Rams (12-4) are favored (-2) to build on a five-game win streak when they visit the Richmond Spiders (9-2) at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at Robins Center. The game airs on CBS Sports. The point total in the matchup is set at 142.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Richmond (+2)||Over (142)||Richmond 73 VCU 70|
- The Rams and their opponents have recorded more than 142 points in 43.8% of their games this year (seven of 16 opportunities).
- In seven of 11 opportunities (63.6%) this year, Richmond has combined with its opponents to score at least 142 points.
- The Rams and the Spiders combine to average 9.2 more points per game than the over/under of 142 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 131.7 points per game, 10.3 less than the over/under in this game.
- The average over/under the Rams have had set in matchups this year is 4.8 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- Spiders games this year have averaged a total of 145.6 points, 3.6 more than the point total in this matchup.
VCU Betting Information
- VCU has been good against the spread this season, posting an 8-6-1 record.
- The Rams fare well when favored by at least 2 points, posting a 6-4-1 record against the spread.
- The Rams have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 5 of 15 games (33.3%).
Richmond Betting Information
- Richmond has a 6-4 record against the spread, covering in 60.0% of their contests.
- When they play as at least 2-point underdogs, the Spiders have a record ATS of 4-3.
- Richmond has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 60% of matchups this season (6 out of 10 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/15/2020||Richmond||-1.5||141.5||-127||+101||Regular Season||77-59 RICH|
|1/28/2020||VCU||-9||140||-473||+348||Regular Season||87-68 VCU|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-66 VCU|
|2/13/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-60 VCU|
- Nah’Shon Hyland leads the Rams in scoring, tallying 19.3 points per game to go with 4.0 rebounds and 1.8 assists.
- Vince Williams is the Rams leading rebounder, pulling down 5.2 per game, while Adrian Baldwin Jr. is their best passer, averaging 4.6 assists in each contest.
- Hyland leads the Rams in three-point shooting with an average of 3.2 threes per game.
- Baldwin and Hason Ward lead VCU on the defensive end, with Baldwin leading the team in steals averaging 2.1 per game and Ward in blocks averaging 2.3 per contest.
- Blake Francis puts up 16.6 points per game and is the top scorer for the Spiders.
- Richmond’s leader in rebounds is Tyler Burton with 7.9 per game, and its leader in assists is Jacob Gilyard with 5.3 per game.
- Francis hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Spiders, knocking down shots from deep at a rate of 2.4 per outing.
- Richmond’s leader in steals is Gilyard with 3.8 per game, and its leader in blocks is Burton with 0.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Mercer Bears vs. Samford Bulldogs: 3/5/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Western Kentucky Hilltoppers vs. Old Dominion Monarchs: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- North Texas Mean Green vs. UAB Blazers: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Nevada Wolf Pack vs. Colorado State Rams: 3/5/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends