While the point spread hasn’t been released just yet, you had better believe the top-ranked Villanova Wildcats are going to be a huge home College Basketball betting favorite to beat the Hofstra Pride when the two teams square off on Friday night. With virtually no chance to lose this game outright, let’s find out what the predicted NCAAB odds looks like and how many points the Wildcats will win by as they look to close out another week as the top team in all the land.
Pride vs. Wildcats Game Analysis & College Basketball Betting Pick
Villanova ➡️Only school in the country with undefeated men’s and women’s basketball teams!
— Villanova Athletics (@NovaAthletics) 16 de diciembre de 2017
- When: Friday, December 22, 2017, 8:30 PM ET
- Where: Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, New York
- TV: FS1
- Radio: 97.5 FM (Villanova) / 88.7 FM (Hofstra)
- Live Stream: Fox Sports Go
- College Basketball Betting Odds: TBA
- All: Hofstra Pride 7-4 / Villanova Wildcats 11-0
- Home: Hofstra Pride 4-3 / Villanova Wildcats 8-0
- Away: Hofstra Pride 3-1 / Villanova Wildcats 3-0
- As Favorite: Hofstra Pride 0-2 / Villanova Wildcats 11-0
- As Underdog: Hofstra Pride 3-2 / Villanova Wildcats 0-0
- ATS: Hofstra Pride 3-4 / Villanova Wildcats 7-3-1
- Over/Under: Hofstra Pride 4-3 / Villanova Wildcats 7-4
Why Bet on the Hofstra Pride?
Why bet on the Pride in this contest? Well, because they’re going to have plenty of motivation after seeing their four-game winning streak come to an abrupt halt in Wednesday’s heartbreaking 63-61 home loss against Manhattan as a 6-point home favorite no less.
The Pride has an excellent team leader in Justin Wright-Foreman (23.0 ppg) and they got a team-high 22 points from their scoring leader on Friday night. Unfortunately, it wasn’t enough as they shot an ice-cold 32.3 percent from the field and just 21.4% from beyond the arc.
- Total Score: 78.36
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.35
- Three-Point Percentage: 37.11
- Free Throw Percentage: 71.55
- Total Rebounds: 37.82
- Total Score: 75.82
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.32
- Three-Point Percentage: 37.28
- Free Throw Percentage: 62.38
- Total Rebounds: 33.82
Why Bet on the Villanova Wildcats?
Why bet on the unbeaten Wildcats in this contest? Well, because they’re far superior to their opponents, particularly on the defensive end of the floor and simply have too much talent, size, and experience. Villanova rolled Temple in their 87-67 road win on Dec. 13 to easily cash in as a 9-point road favorite. Point guard Jalen Brunson scored a team and career-high 31 points and five-star high school All-American Omari Spellman had his best game for the Wildcats in putting up a career-high 27 points and pulling down eight rebounds.
“He was incredible,” Villanova coach Jay Wright said of Brunson.
With his dad Rick — a former Temple star and current assistant coach with the Minnesota Timberwolves who played nine seasons in the NBA — sitting two rows behind the Villanova bench, Brunson led the way by draining 8 of 10 shots, including 5 of 7 from beyond the arc – all in the opening 20 minutes.
“I try to keep the same mindset, try to set the tone defensively and play my game, be aggressive, try to be a killer,” Brunson said. “Today was one of those nights.”
Philadelphia 76ers coach Brett Brown and Rookie of the Year candidate Ben Simmons, who was among the sellout crowd of 10,206 at Temple.
Owls coach Fran Dunphy had high praise.
“He was just spectacular,” Dunphy said. “He’s just terrific, plays with a great pace, so smart, great toughness. His efficiency is ridiculous.”
- Total Score: 85.73
- Field Goal Percentage: 50.84
- Three-Point Percentage: 40.94
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.68
- Total Rebounds: 37.00
- Total Score: 63.64
- Field Goal Percentage: 41.95
- Three-Point Percentage: 31.51
- Free Throw Percentage: 64.84
- Total Rebounds: 30.55
Latest College Basketball Betting Trends
- Villanova is 4-0-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Villanova is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- Hofstra is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- Hofstra is 1-4-1 ATS in its last 6 games
Expert Analysis and Prediction
You should expect Villanova to be favored by at least 12-15 points in this contest, but whatever the figure is, I expect Jay Wright’s team to cover it by getting a 20-point win over the overmatched Hofstra Pride.
Villanova averages 8.2 points per game more than Hofstra while also allowing almost 13 fewer points per game defensively. While Hofstra has a legitimate star in Justin Wright-Foreman, the Wildcats have at least three of four players as good as he is. I expect the Wildcats to simply concentrate on neutralizing Foreman to improve on their blistering 6-1 ATS mark in their last seven games.
Hofstra is 2-4 ATS in their last six games and 1-6-1 ATS in their last eight games following a loss. The Pride will find scoring the ball on Villanova’s lock-down defense very difficult as the Wildcats remain unbeaten and firmly locked into the nation’s top spot!
Score: Villanova 92 – Hofstra 68