Julian Champagnie leads the Saint John’s (NY) Red Storm (14-9) into a matchup against the No. 8 Villanova Wildcats (14-3) after scoring 29 points in an 88-83 loss to DePaul. The Wildcats are 11.5-point favorites in the matchup on Tuesday, February 23, 2021, which tips at 8:00 PM ET on CBS Sports. The point total for the matchup is 154.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Saint John’s (NY) (+11.5)||Under (154.5)||Villanova 81 Saint John’s (NY) 71|
- The Wildcats and their opponents have combined for 154.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in five of 17 games (29.4%) this season.
- In 11 of 23 outings (47.8%) this year, Saint John’s (NY) has combined with its opponents to score at least 154.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 3.5 more points per game (158) than this matchup’s over/under of 154.5 points.
- The Wildcats and the Red Storm have seen their opponents average a combined 9.1 fewer points per game than the point total of 154.5 set for this game.
- The average total the Wildcats have had set in games this year is 8.3 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total for Red Storm games this year is 2.8 more points than the point total of 154.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 77.9 points the Wildcats score per game are only 0.7 more points than the Red Storm allow (77.2).
- Villanova has a 6-0 record against the spread and an 8-0 record overall when putting up more than 77.2 points.
- Saint John’s (NY) has a 5-5 record against the spread and a 6-4 record overall when allowing more than 77.9 points.
- The Red Storm score an average of 80.1 points per game, 11.9 more points than the 68.2 the Wildcats give up.
- When it scores more than 68.2 points, Saint John’s (NY) is 13-0 against the spread and 14-6 overall.
- Villanova has a 0-2 record overall and an ATS record of 0-2 in games when its opponents put up more than 80.1 points.
- The Wildcats have totaled 165 more points than their opponents this season (9.7 per game on average), and the Red Storm have scored 67 more points than their opponents (2.9 per game).
Villanova Betting Information
- Against the spread, Villanova has been strong this season, posting a 10-7 record.
- The Wildcats fare well when favored by at least 11.5 points, posting a 4-3 record against the spread.
- The Wildcats and their opponents have gone over the total in 10 of 17 games (58.8%) this season.
Saint John’s (NY) Betting Information
- Saint John’s (NY) has covered the spread in more than half of its contests, going 13-9 ATS.
- The Red Storm have fared well as an 11.5-point underdog, going 2-1 against the spread when they are at least 11.5-point underdogs.
- Saint John’s (NY) has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 68.2% of matchups this year (15 out of 22 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/3/2021||Villanova||-9.5||151||-490||+361||Regular Season||70-59 STJOHN|
|2/26/2020||Villanova||-12.5||147||-1000||+660||Regular Season||71-60 VILL|
|1/28/2020||Villanova||-3.5||146.5||-168||+137||Regular Season||79-59 VILL|
|2/17/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-65 STJOHN|
|1/8/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-71 VILL|
- The Wildcats leader in points and rebounds is Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, who scores 15.6 points and pulls down 7.5 rebounds per game.
- Collin Gillespie leads Villanova in assists, averaging 4.9 per game while also scoring 14.5 points per contest.
- Gillespie connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Wildcats, knocking down shots from downtown at a rate of 2.2 per contest.
- Gillespie and Robinson-Earl lead the Wildcats on the defensive end, with Gillespie leading the team in steals averaging 1.1 per game and Robinson-Earl in blocks averaging 0.5 per contest.
Saint John’s (NY) Leaders
- The Red Storm’s leader in scoring and rebounding is Champagnie with 20.2 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.
- Saint John’s (NY)’s assist leader is Posh Alexander with 4.5 per game. He also scores 11.4 points per game and tacks on 3.6 rebounds per game.
- Champagnie’s 2.6 made threes per game lead the Red Storm.
- Saint John’s (NY)’s leader in steals is Alexander with 2.6 per game, and its leader in blocks is Champagnie with 1.1 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Wisconsin Badgers: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Cincinnati Bearcats vs. East Carolina Pirates: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Northwestern Wildcats vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Liberty Flames vs. North Alabama Lions: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Drake Bulldogs: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview