Virginia is Slight NCAAB Betting Favorite Against Florida State
The last few weeks in college basket have produced a level of stability at the top that we haven’t really seen all season long. The same 3 teams have been in place in the top 3, while the craziness and unpredictability continue on, unabated, below them. Whether or not these 3 teams make any kind of noise in the tournament remains to be seen, but they are proving to have the power that other top teams have not been able to deliver this season. Nestled in at the #2 spot are the Virginia Cavaliers, a team that looks a legitimate contender at the NCAAB betting odds to win it all, and one that is running away with the ACC right now.
The Cavaliers are unbeaten in ACC play this season and are 3 games up on the closest challenger. They will try to keep that run going on Wednesday night when they go on the road to face the Florida State Seminoles in a game that Virginia is very much favored to win, especially given how FSU has performed in conference play.
Cavaliers vs. Seminoles NCAAB Betting Odds & Expert Pick
— Virginia Men’s Basketball (@UVAMensHoops) 5 de febrero de 2018
- When: Wednesday, February 7, 7 PM EST
- Where: Donald L. Tucker Center, Tallahassee
- TV: ACC Network
- Radio: 1440 AM (Virginia) / 1350 (Florida State)
- Live Stream: ACCDN
- NCAAB Betting Odds: Virginia Cavaliers -3.5 (Over/Under at 130.5 points)
- All: Virginia Cavaliers 22-1 / Florida State Seminoles 17-6
- Home: Virginia Cavaliers 14-0 / Florida State Seminoles 12-2
- Away: Virginia Cavaliers 8-1 / Florida State Seminoles 5-4
- ATS: Virginia Cavaliers 15-4-1 / Florida State Seminoles 14-6-1
- Over/Under: Virginia Cavaliers 5-15 / Florida State Seminoles 12-9
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Virginia Cavaliers lead 6-4
- Score: Virginia Cavaliers 60.00 / Florida State Seminoles 53.30
- Field Goal Percentage: Virginia Cavaliers 43.43 / Florida State Seminoles 40.78
- Rebounds: Virginia Cavaliers 30.80 / Florida State Seminoles 28.70
- 3 Point Shots: Virginia Cavaliers 50-129 / Florida State Seminoles 46-144
- Steals: Virginia Cavaliers 5.90 / Florida State Seminoles 5.10
Why bet on the Virginia Cavaliers?
The Virginia Cavaliers come into this game having taken just one loss on the season, with that defeat coming at the hands of a ranked West Virginia Mountaineers team much earlier in the season. They have been close to unstoppable from that point forward and are currently on an impressive 14-game winning streak that includes 11 straight wins against ACC opposition. It has been that dominance in conference play that has allowed them to open up a 3-game lead, which now looks impregnable, in the ACC.
If you look closely at the season stats for the Cavaliers, it quickly becomes obvious why they have been so successful. They are not a team that scores a lot of points, but they play a stifling brand of defense that has seen them give up just 52.3 PPG this season, best in the nation. Virginia is 16-3-1 ATS and 5-15 O/U this season.
- Total Score: 68.74
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.88
- Three-Point Percentage: 38.83
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.80
- Total Rebounds: 32.65
- Total Score: 52.30
- Field Goal Percentage: 37.38
- Three-Point Percentage: 29.20
- Free Throw Percentage: 71.38
- Total Rebounds: 31.17
Why bet on the Florida State Seminoles?
Florida State started this season looking as though they meant business, winning 9-straight, including a win over the ranked Florida Gators. Things have gone a little off the rails since then, though, as they are just 8-6 SU since that great start. Their problems really started to take toot once they got into conference play, which is not really surprising given that the ACC always tends to be one of the toughest in the nation.
The Seminoles are just 6-5 in ACC play, well off the pace being set by the team that they will be facing on Wednesday night. Since that early season win over Florida, FSU has played 3 more ranked teams, posting a 1-2 record, although it should be noted that both wins over ranked opposition came on home court. Florida State is 14-6-1 ATS and 12-9 O/U this season.
- Total Score: 84.70
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.61
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.55
- Free Throw Percentage: 69.08
- Total Rebounds: 39.78
- Total Score: 73.30
- Field Goal Percentage: 40.88
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.21
- Free Throw Percentage: 72.01
- Total Rebounds: 35.52
Latest NCAAB Betting Trends
- Cavaliers are 6-0-1 ATS in their last 7 games
- Cavaliers are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Virginia’s last 7 games
- Florida State is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Florida State is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Florida State’s last 7 games
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
The problem that many teams face when they go against the Cavaliers is generating the offense required to get the win. I just don’t think that FSU has the offensive tools needed to break down that Cavs defense.
Score: Virginia Cavaliers 69 – Florida State Seminoles 59