A game after he scored 20 points in an 80-73 win over Louisiana Tech, Taevion Kinsey leads the Marshall Thundering Herd (7-2) on the road against the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (9-4) on Friday, January 15, 2021. The Thundering Herd are underdogs by 3.5 points in the matchup, which begins at 5:00 PM ET on CBS Sports. The point total for the matchup is set at 150.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Hilltoppers and their opponents have scored at least 150 points — this matchup’s point total — in four of 13 games (30.8%) this year.
- Marshall and its opponents have combined to score more than 150 points in 55.6% of their matchups this year (five of nine chances).
- The two teams average a combined 4.1 more points per game (154.1) than this game’s total of 150 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 142.2 points per game, 7.8 fewer than the point total for this game.
- The average point total in Hilltoppers games this season is 5.2 less points than the total of 150 in this matchup.
- Thundering Herd games this season have averaged an over/under of 151.6 points, 1.6 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 73.8 points per game the Hilltoppers score are just 2.6 more points than the Thundering Herd allow (71.2).
- Western Kentucky is 6-0 overall and 3-0 against the spread when scoring more than 71.2 points.
- Marshall is 0-2 against the spread and 0-2 overall when allowing more than 73.8 points.
- The Thundering Herd’s 80.3 points per game are 9.3 more points than the 71 the Hilltoppers allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 71 points, Marshall is 4-0 against the spread and 6-1 overall.
- Western Kentucky is 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall when it allows more than 80.3 points.
- The Hilltoppers have totaled 36 more points than their opponents this season (2.8 per game on average), and the Thundering Herd have scored 82 more points than their opponents (9.1 per game).
Western Kentucky Betting Information
- The Hilltoppers have struggled to an extent against the spread this season, posting a 3-10 record.
- When favored by at least 3.5 points, the Hilltoppers have struggled to a 0-8 record ATS this season.
- Western Kentucky has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 5 times in 13 contests (38.5%).
Marshall Betting Information
- Marshall has a winning record against the spread, going 4-3-1 ATS (covering 50% of the time).
- When they are at least 3.5-point underdogs, the Thundering Herd have a record ATS of 3-2-1.
- Marshall and its opponents have hit the over in half of their games this season — 4 of 8.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||91-84 WKENT|
|1/22/2020||Marshall||-1.5||155||-124||+101||Regular Season||64-60 WKENT|
|1/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-59 WKENT|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-69 MARSH|
Western Kentucky Leaders
- The Hilltoppers leader in points and rebounds is Charles Bassey, who scores 16.8 points and pulls down 11.8 rebounds per game.
- Western Kentucky’s best passer is Dayvion McKnight, who averages 3.5 assists per game to go with his 6.2 PPG scoring average.
- Luke Frampton’s 2.1 made threes per game lead the Hilltoppers.
- Josh Anderson is the Hilltoppers leader in steals, averaging 1.8 steals per game, while Bassey leads them in blocks with 3.3 per contest.
- Kinsey is the top scorer for the Thundering Herd with 21.4 points per game. He also tacks on 5.8 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game to his scoring output.
- The Marshall leaders in rebounding and assists are Andrew Taylor with 6.9 rebounds per game (he also adds 7.6 points and 3.2 assists per game) and Jarrod West with 6.8 assists per game (he also tacks on 13.4 points and 3.8 rebounds per game).
- West is the most prolific from distance for the Thundering Herd, hitting 2.0 threes per game.
- Marshall’s leader in steals is West (3.1 per game), and its leader in blocks is Jannson Williams (2.1 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found