With just about a month left to play in the college basketball regular season, the pressure is really beginning to mount on every team with playoff aspirations. The teams sitting in the top 25 right now will be looking to either maintain their ranked status or move up in the rankings to give themselves a better spot in the tournament bracket, while those on the bubble are running out of time to make an impression in the weeks leading up to Selection Sunday.
Every game takes on a higher level of importance at this stage in the season, which is why we often see ranked teams start to get a little tight against teams they should beat. The Wisconsin Badgers are on a run that has seen them crack their way into the top 20 in the nation, but they have a potential trip-up game on Wednesday night when they head into Minnesota to face the Golden Gophers on BTN. The Badgers are a road favorite for this one, albeit by just 2 ½ points, with the point total on the board at 133.
Wisconsin vs Minnesota NCAA Basketball Odds & Game Preview
- When: Wednesday, February 6 at 9 PM EST
- Where: Williams Arena, Minneapolis
- TV: BTN
- Radio: TuneIn/NCAAB
- Live Stream: BTN2Go
- NCAA Basketball Odds: Wisconsin Badgers -2.5 (Total 133)
Why bet on the Wisconsin Badgers?
After a run that saw them lose 4 out of 5, the Wisconsin Badgers once again seem to have found a more solid footing, reeling off 5 straight wins and covering the spread in each of those match-ups. They are back up to the #19 spot in the national rankings but now find themselves sitting off the pace in the rave for the Big Ten regular-season title. Wisconsin has gone 8-3 in conference play, which has them sitting a game and a half back of Michigan in the Big Ten.
They have the Wolverines up next in a game set to go this weekend, so it is important that they try to put that aside and focus on what should be a tough game versus the Golden Gophers. Wisconsin has been a decent bet on the road, going 5-3 ATS overall and 3-1 ATS as a road favorite.
- Total Score: 72.09
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.75
- Three-Point Percentage: 40.27
- Free Throw Percentage: 66.07
- Total Rebounds: 34.27
- Total Score: 61.50
- Field Goal Percentage: 39.52
- Three-Point Percentage: 31.60
- Free Throw Percentage: 64.24
- Total Rebounds: 34.27
Why bet on the Minnesota Golden Gophers?
At 16-6 on the season, the Minnesota Golden Gophers are sitting with the exact same record as the Wisconsin Badgers, but it has been their play in conference games that have hurt them a little, as they are just 6-5 in the cutthroat Big Ten. The Golden Gophers have already sprung the upset over Wisconsin this season, beating them 59-52 on the road in a game that they started as a 9-point underdog.</p.
Playing the underdog role is one that Minnesota appear to have enjoyed this season, as they have covered the spread in 4 of the 5 games where they have worn the underdog label. The win versus Wisconsin earlier this year represented only the second time that Minnesota has beaten them in their last 10 meetings.
- Total Score: 74.36
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.66
- Three-Point Percentage: 31.13
- Free Throw Percentage: 68.18
- Total Rebounds: 37.73
- Total Score: 70.27
- Field Goal Percentage: 43.87
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.28
- Free Throw Percentage: 68.26
- Total Rebounds: 33.82
Wisconsin vs Minnesota NCAA Basketball Betting Trends
- Wisconsin is 12-4 ATS in its last 16 games on the road
- Wisconsin is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Wisconsin’s last 5 games on the road
- Minnesota is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games at home
- Minnesota is 14-1 SU in its last 15 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 5 games at home
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction
The Golden Gophers may have beaten Wisconsin at the last time of asking, but it’s tough to imagine that they will complete the season double, despite having home court advantage. I am taking the Badgers to win and cover here.
Score: Wisconsin Badgers 71 – Minnesota Golden Gophers 64