A game after he put up 26 points in a 94-83 win over Georgetown, Greg Williams Jr. leads the Saint John’s (NY) Red Storm (6-4) on the road against the Xavier Musketeers (8-2) as 7-point underdogs. The matchup, which starts at 8:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 6, 2021, airs on CBS Sports. The matchup has an over/under set at 155.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Xavier (-7)||Over (155.5)||Xavier 83 Saint John’s (NY) 74|
- In 20% of their opportunities this year (two of 10 chances), the Musketeers and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s point total of 155.5 points.
- Saint John’s (NY) has combined with its opponents to score more than 155.5 points in five of 10 outings (50%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined 7.3 more points per game (162.8) than this game’s total of 155.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 5.1 fewer points per game (150.4) than this game’s over/under of 155.5 points.
- The average point total for Musketeers games this season is 5.2 fewer points than the over/under of 155.5 in this matchup.
- Red Storm games this year have averaged an over/under of 162.9 points, 7.4 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Musketeers average just 0.1 fewer points per game (80.2) than the Red Storm give up (80.3).
- Xavier is 3-0 against the spread and 4-0 overall when scoring more than 80.3 points.
- Saint John’s (NY) is 2-2 against the spread and 2-2 overall when giving up more than 80.2 points.
- The Red Storm average 12.5 more points per game (82.6) than the Musketeers allow (70.1).
- Saint John’s (NY) is 4-0 against the spread and 6-2 overall when it scores more than 70.1 points.
- Xavier has an ATS record of 1-2 and a 2-1 record overall when its opponents score more than 82.6 points.
- The Musketeers have totaled 101 more points than their opponents this season (10.1 per game on average), and the Red Storm have scored 23 more points than their opponents (2.3 per game).
Xavier Betting Information
- Xavier has been good against the spread, going 6-4 on the season.
- When favored by at least 7 points, the Musketeers have struggled to a 2-3 record ATS this season.
- In 7 of 10 (70%) contests this season, Xavier and its opponents have hit the over.
Saint John’s (NY) Betting Information
- The Red Storm have a losing record against the spread, going 4-5 ATS (covering only 44.4% of the time).
- The Red Storm have gone 2-2 against the spread when they are at least a 7-point underdog.
- Saint John’s (NY) and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this year — 8 of 9 (88.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/17/2020||Xavier||-1.5||141||-126||103||Regular Season||77-74 XAV|
|1/5/2020||Xavier||-8||146||-387||296||Regular Season||75-67 XAV|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-68 XAV|
|2/28/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-73 XAV|
- Zach Freemantle leads the Musketeers in scoring and rebounding, tallying 16.7 points and 7.7 boards per game.
- Paul Scruggs is the Musketeers best passer, distributing 6.8 assists per game while scoring 14.8 PPG.
- Nate Johnson makes more threes per game than any other member of the Musketeers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.8 per contest.
- Scruggs and Dieonte Miles lead the Musketeers on the defensive end, with Scruggs leading the team in steals averaging 1.9 per game and Miles in blocks averaging 1.2 per contest.
Saint John’s (NY) Leaders
- Julian Champagnie sits atop the Red Storm leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 20.3 points and 7.5 rebounds per game.
- Posh Alexander dishes out 4.2 assists per game, the most assists on the Red Storm.
- Champagnie knocks down 2.0 three-pointers per game, the most on the Red Storm.
- The Red Storm’s leader in steals is Alexander with 2.4 per game, and Champagnie is their leader in blocks with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found