Jimbo Fisher’s Texas A&M Aggies squad already lost to Auburn this season. On Saturday, Fisher’s team faces the other awesome team from Alabama, the Crimson Tide. Can the Aggies stick with the Tide in a home contest as a huge underdog? Or, will the Crimson Tide roll over the Aggies the way they’ve rolled over every other opponent this season? Check out the college football odds, a preview and a free pick for Alabama vs Texas A&M!
Alabama vs Texas A&M 2019 College Football Week 7 Lines & Game Preview
- When: Saturday, Oct. 12 at 3:30pm ET
- Where: Kyle Field, College Station, TX
- TV: CBS
- Live Stream: CBS Sports Live
- ATS Odds: Alabama -17 ½
Why Alabama Crimson Tide are a good bet -17 ½?
The Crimson Tide have the best offense in college football. Although the stats say they only have the third best offense in NCAAF, let’s not kid ourselves. Alabama averages 555 yards per game. They pass for 380.6 and rush for 147.4. They score 51.8 points per. The Crimson Tide expects to score on every possession. They don’t care who the opponent is while A&M’s defense isn’t nearly as formidable this season as so many football handicappers though it would be.
- Total Yards: 555
- Passing Yards: 380.6
- Rushing Yards: 174.4
- Points Scored: 51.8
- Total Yards: 325.6
- Passing Yards: 190.6
- Rushing Yards: 135
- Points Allowed: 14.8
Why Texas A&M Aggies are a good bet +17 ½?
Yes, Texas A&M has a couple of losses on their record. Before calling them a bad team, though, check out who they lost too. Clemson beat the Aggies 24-10 in Clemson. The Aggies won that game against the spread because they got 16 points. The Aggies also lost 20-28 to the Auburn Tigers. That game could have gone either way with Texas A&M only a single score away from tying the matchup.
A&M might not beat Alabama, but they can keep it close. 17 ½ points might be way too many to give a tough team like Texas A&M at home.
- Total Yards: 426.4
- Passing Yards: 292.8
- Rushing Yards: 133.6
- Points Scored: 32.8
- Total Yards: 300.4
- Passing Yards: 191.4
- Rushing Yards: 109
- Points Allowed: 17.8
College Football Week 7 Betting Trends for Alabama vs Texas A&M
- Crimson Tide are 2-6 ATS in the last 8 games overall
- Crimson Tide are 1-6 ATS in the last 7 games following a straight up win
- The total went OVER in 7 of Alabama’s last 10 games
- Aggies are 11-3 ATS in the last 14 home games
- Aggies are 1-5 ATS in the last 6 conference games
- The total went UNDER in 8 of Texas A&M’s last 8 games played in October.
Alabama vs Texas A&M College Football Final Betting Analysis
Yes, the Aggies covered against Clemson on the road and played Auburn tough at home. But, there are a couple of things that put this game into Alabama’s win and cover column. First, the Bama defense is very good. Alabama only allows 190 passing yards per game. The Tide only allows 14.8 points per on average.
The reason Alabama is so effective on defense is because of the second thing to consider, Alabama’s style of play on offense. Forget the stats for a moment and just marvel at 4 potential NFL first round or second round wide receiver draft picks: Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs III, Devonta Smith, and Jaylen Waddle. All 4 can catch a pass from Tua Tagovailoa, the likely Heisman Trophy winner, and take it to the house.
Tagovailoa has thrown 23 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. He’s completing 76.4% of his passes. 17 ½ feels like a lot of points. In this matchup it’s not because Bama should score over 40 while A&M is lucky if they score more than 20.
College Football Week 7 Free Pick: Alabama -17 ½
More College Week 7 Betting News
- Utah vs Oregon State 2019 College Football Week 7 Lines & Betting Pick
- Hawaii vs Boise State 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Game Prediction
- Washington vs Arizona 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Preview
- South Carolina vs Georgia 2019 College Football Week 7 Lines, Game Info & Pick
- Florida State vs Clemson 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Game Preview
- College Football Picks Week Seven (Ep. 737)
- Virginia vs Miami 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Game Preview
- Louisville vs Wake Forest 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Betting Prediction
- Penn State vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Analysis
- USC vs Notre Dame State 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Betting Preview
- Washington State vs Arizona State 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Prediction
- Michigan State vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 7 Lines & Expert Pick
- Florida vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Colorado vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Game Analysis