Both No. 24 Arizona State and unranked UCLA are 2-2 in the Pac-12 Conference, meaning that the loser of Saturday night’s matchup at the Rose Bowl essentially will be out of the South Division race. ASU is favored on the Mybookie NCAAF odds
How to Bet Arizona State vs UCLA College Football Week 9 Odds & Game Info
- When: Saturday, 7:30 PM ET
- Where: Rose Bowl
- TV: Pac-12 Network
- Live Stream: Pac-12 Live
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Opening NCAAF Lines: Arizona State 3 (Total 55.5)
Last year, Arizona State beat visiting UCLA 31-28. Sun Devils QB Manny Wilkins, now gone, ran for two scores and passed for one. Eno Benjamin carried it a career-high 34 times for 182 yards and a score for the Sun Devils. “We didn’t tackle him,” UCLA coach Chip Kelly said of the Arizona State running back. “Too many times the contact was six or seven yards down the field.”
The Sun Devils gained 281 yards in 59 attempts to UCLA’s 104 yards in 29 carries. For UCLA, Wilton Speight (now gone) completed 26 of 35 yards and two touchdowns, both to tight end Caleb Wilson, who had 11 catches for 164 yards.
- Sunny: 31°C/87°F
- Humidity: 14%
- Precipitation: 0%
- Cloud Cover: 0%
- Wind: 7 mph S
- Stadium Type: Open
Why Bet on Arizona State?
ASU was completely inept offensively in lost week’s 21-3 loss at ranked Utah. Eno Benjamin was a bright spot, recording his 13th career 100-yard rushing performance with 104 yards on 15 carries. It was the 13th100-yard game of Benjamin’s career, moving him into a tie for fifth-most in program history with Demario Richard (2014-17).
The Sun Devils finished with just 136 total yards of offense, their lowest output since recording only 122 against UCLA on Nov. 28, 2008. Penalties severely limited the Sun Devils, especially in the second quarter, with ASU finishing with 122 penalty yards – its most since it had 131 against Northern Arizona in 2010. The 25 total passing yards for the ASU offense were the fewest since having 33 against Oregon in 2006.
ASU entered the game having matched an FBS modern record with 125 consecutive games scoring over 10 points tied with Louisiana Tech (2008-18). Additionally, ASU had the longest active streak of games scoring at least 7 points in a game at 140 consecutive games. -The three total points were the fewest for ASU since being shutout by USC on Oct. 11, 2008.
ASU is coming off a season-high 9.0 tackles for loss in the loss against Utah as well as a season-high four takeaways. Utah had only three turnovers all season prior to that game. Arizona State has now held opponents to less than 30 points in 14 of 20 games since Danny Gonzales took over as defensive coordinator. ASU is one of just 7 teams nationally to not give up a 50-yard play this season.
UCLA leads the all-time series against the Sun Devils, 20-14-1, though ASU has been victorious in three of the last four games and is looking for its third win in the last four trips to the Rose Bowl.
- Points per Game: 25.33
- Passing Yards: 268.33
- Rushing Yards: 134.33
- Yards per Play: 6.12
- Points per Game: 17.67
- Passing Yards: 262.83
- Rushing Yards: 92.00
- Yards per Play: 5.07
Why Bet on UCLA?
UCLA in winless in three games at home this season, but enters the game with a potent offense that has racked up 512.3 total yards of offense per game over the last four games and has rushed for over 200 yards in three straight games.
The Bruins were 34-16 upset winners at Stanford last week, ending an 11-game losing streak in that series. The Bruins were dominant on both sides of the ball, outgaining the Cardinal 455-198 total yards. UCLA quarterback Dorian Thompson-Robinson returned after missing the Oregon State game due to injury and completed 21 of 34 passes for 192 yards with two touchdowns and one interception. He also had 13 carries for 66 yards and one touchdown.
Joshua Kelley rushed for a season-high 176 yards (on 18 carries) with one touchdown, including a 75 yards in the fourth quarter alone. UCLA has averaged 221.5 yards per game on the ground in last four contests after averaging 78.0 yards/g in first three games of 2019. It is the first time under Coach Kelly that UCLA has rushed for over 200 yards in consecutive games.
Kyle Philips had career-highs in receptions (10), receiving yards (100), and receiving touchdowns (two). Philips became the third Bruin this season with a 100-yard receiving game, joining Demetric Felton (150 vs. Washington State, Sept. 21) and Chase Cota (147 vs. Washington State).
What about the Defense?
It was the first time the Bruin defense had limited an opponent to under 200 yards of total offense since a 2009 game against Washington State (181 total yards). The 55 yards rushing by Stanford was the lowest total by a Bruin opponent since it held BYU to 23 yards in a 2016 game in Provo, Utah.
“As like last year about this time, they got better,” ASU coach Herm Edwards said of UCLA this week. “The quarterback is playing very well, they have some explosive players on offense. Defensively now, they seem like they’ve gotten that thing kind of fixed and they’ve got some athletes, that’s the one thing you realize when you play these guys.”
- Points per Game: 27.29
- Passing Yards: 245.57
- Rushing Yards: 160.00
- Yards per Play: 5.48
- Points per Game: 34.57
- Passing Yards: 312.43
- Rushing Yards: 147.29
- Yards per Play: 6.53
Arizona State vs UCLA College Football Week 9 Betting Trends
- Road team is 5-2 ATS in their last 7 meetings
- Sun Devils are 5-10 SU in their last 15 games played in October
- Sun Devils are 3-6 ATS in their last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Arizona State’s last 8 games
- Bruins are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games this season
- Bruins are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games played in week 9
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of California-Los Angeles’ last 7 games played in October
Expert Final Score Prediction for Arizona State vs UCLA
Arizona State 27 – UCLA 24
More Week 9 College Football Betting News
- Washington State vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Pick
- Missouri vs Kentucky 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Expert Analysis
- Arizona State vs UCLA 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Preview
- Notre Dame vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Maryland vs Minnesota 2019 College Football Week 9 Spread & Analysis
- Penn State vs Michigan State 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Prediction
- Texas vs TCU 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Arkansas vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Expert Pick
- Boston College vs Clemson 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Game Info
- College Football Picks Week Nine (Ep. 743)
- Oklahoma vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 9 Spread & Game Preview
- Wisconsin vs Ohio State 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Expert Analysis
- SMU vs Houston 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Appalachian State vs South Alabama 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Analysis