The second-ranked LSU Tigers will be looking to remain unbeaten when the host the visiting ninth-ranked Auburn Tigers in their huge Week 9 SEC showdown on Saturday. With both teams looking to extend their winning ways, let’s find out if LSU is the pick to take care of business ta home or whether Auburn can pull off the outright upset or cover the chalk as a double-digit road dog.
Auburn vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds, Preview & Pick
- When: Saturday, October 26, 2019 at 3:30 PM ET
- Where: Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- TV: CBS
- Radio: Auburn / LSU
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com
- College Football Week 9 Odds: LSU -10 / Total: 58.5
- Rain: 20°C/68°F
- Humidity: 88%
- Precipitation: 60%
- Wind: 9 mph NW
- Cloud Cover: 84%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why Bet On No. 9 Auburn?
Despite the fact that the Tigers are on the road as a double-digit underdog, there are a handful of great reasons to back Auburn in this contest. The Tigers have lost just once this season and that came against a Florida team that has an elite defense. Then, there’s the fact that Auburn has topped the half-century mark in two of their last three games including their 51-10 blowout win over lowly Arkansas last weekend as a 20.5-point road favorite. Last but not least, the Tigers have an elite defense that limits the opposition to just 17.1 points per game to rank 16th nationally in points allowed.
- Average Score For: 33.83
- Total Yards:
- Pass Yards: 193.67
- Rush Yards: 229.83
- Average Score Against: 18.33
- Total Yards:
- Pass Yards: 231.83
- Rush Yards: 101.33
Why Bet On No. 2 LSU?
While LSU is giving up just over 10 points in this contest, there are several great reasons to back the Tigers in this Week 9 pairing. First, LSU is averaging a stupendous 50.2 points per game to rank second nationally in scoring. Of course, there’s also the fact that LSU has not been beaten this season while routing the same Florida team that beat Auburn 42-28 two weeks back despite narrowly failing to cover the spread as a 14.5-point home favorite. Last but not least, LSU has won two straight and three of the last four meetings against Auburn including a narrow 22-21 road win last season.
- Average Score For: 52.50
- Total Yards:
- Pass Yards: 395.50
- Rush Yards: 165.50
- Average Score Against: 21.17
- Total Yards:
- Pass Yards: 224.17
- Rush Yards: 91.83
College Football Week 9 Betting Trends for Auburn vs LSU
- Auburn is 7-1 ATS in the last 8 games.
- Auburn is 7-1 SU in the last 8 games.
- The total went OVER in 7 of Auburn’s last 10 games played in October.
- LSU is 7-1-1 ATS in the last 9 games.
- LSU is 8-0 SU in the last 8 games.
- The total went OVER in 8 of LSU’s last 10 games
Auburn vs LSU Expert Analysis and Prediction
While Auburn has an elite defense that looks like they could potentially keep high-scoring LSU largely in check in this contest, I like LSU to answer the bell for the eighth straight time this season, although I am going to back Auburn to narrowly cover the spread in this matchup.
While the home team in this SEC rivalry has gone a blistering 8-2 ATS in the last 10 meetings, the underdog is 5-2 ATS in the last 7 meetings. While Auburn has gone a discouraging 1-4 ATS in their last 5 road dates against LSU, the Tigers are also a near perfect 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games overall and 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up win.
LSU has put together a bunch of encouraging ATS trends, the home team in this one was tested in their narrow touchdown win over Texas in Week 2 and I believe they will be tested again in this contest. Basically, Auburn looks just good enough to cover the double-digit spread here, though I don’t like them for the outright road upset. I’m going with Auburn to cover the chalk in an absolute thriller.
Pick: LSU 35 Auburn 28
More College Football Week 9 Betting News
- Washington State vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Pick
- Missouri vs Kentucky 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Expert Analysis
- Arizona State vs UCLA 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Preview
- Notre Dame vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Maryland vs Minnesota 2019 College Football Week 9 Spread & Analysis
- Penn State vs Michigan State 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Prediction
- Texas vs TCU 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Arkansas vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Expert Pick
- Boston College vs Clemson 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Game Info
- College Football Picks Week Nine (Ep. 743)
- Oklahoma vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 9 Spread & Game Preview
- Wisconsin vs Ohio State 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Expert Analysis
- SMU vs Houston 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Appalachian State vs South Alabama 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Analysis