After taking down nationally-ranked Michigan in their regular season opener, the eighth-ranked Notre Dame Fighting Irish have another tough task on their hands in NCAAF Week 2 – covering the spread as a huge, five-touchdown home favorite. In order to do that, the Irish will have to get past a Ball State Cardinals team that looked fantastic in their own regular-season opener. Now, let’s find out if the Irish can pull it off as College Football lines favorites at the latest MyBookie Sportsbook odds.
Ball State at Notre Dame NCAAF Week 2 Odds & Prediction
- When: Saturday, September 8, 2018, 3:30 PM ET
- Where: Notre Dame Stadium
- TV: NBC
- NCAAF Week 2 Odds: Notre Dame Fighting Irish -34.5 (Total 62.5)
- Chance of Rain: 19°C/67°F
- Humidity: 62%
- Precipitation: 37%
- Cloud Cover: 94%
- Wind: 15 mph ENE
- Stadium Type: Open
Why Bet on Ball State?Why should you bet on Ball State? Well, because the Cardinals looked great in their opener – and they’re getting a ton of points. Ball State laid an emphatic 42-6 smackdown on Central Connecticut State in their opener as quarterback Riley Neal completed 23 of 30 passes for 259 yards and two touchdowns before giving way to backup Drew Plitt who completed 5 of 6 passes for 77 yards and one touchdown that came on a 63-yard strike.Running back James Gilbert rushed for 100 yards and one score on 14 carries while wide receiver Yo’Heinz Tyler added two TD grabs on two catches for 83 yards.
Why Bet on Notre Dame?Why should you bet on the Irish in Week 2? because they dominated Michigan from start to finish in a game that wasn’t nearly as close as the final score indicates.Notre Dame Fighting jumped out to a commanding 21-3 in the second quarter and then simply held off Michigan as quarterback Brandon Wimbush went 12 of 22 for 170 yards with one touchdown and one interception while adding 59 rushing yards on 19 carries. The Irish picked off Michigan’s Shea Patterson once and recovered one fumble.
Latest Ball State at Notre Dame Betting Trends for NCAAF Week 2
- Ball State is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games
- Ball State is 1-9 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Ball State’s last 5 games on the road
- Notre Dame is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- Notre Dame is 10-2 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Notre Dame’s last 5 games