The next two weeks are undoubtedly the biggest of the college football season, outside of the playoffs of course. This coming weekend, which goes in the books as Week 14, is what has become known as rivalry week in the college football world. It’s when we get to see some good old-fashioned hate hit the football field, with some of the best rivalries in the sport set to go this weekend. For the teams still in the playoff picture, this is just one of two hurdles that need to be jumped before the playoff committee delivers their final rankings. That’s because we will have the conference championship games going next week, after which we should have a pretty good idea about who is in and who is out.
The Baylor Bears are going to be playing next weekend in the PAC 12 championship game, but they also need some wild stuff to happen to the teams above them if they are to be a part of the playoff conversation. It’s unlikely to happen, but Baylor just need to win, starting with a road trip to Kansas, where they are in as a 14-point favorite. The point total for this one is set at 51.
Baylor vs Kansas 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- When: Saturday, November 30 at 3:30 PM EST
- Where: Memorial Stadium, Lawrence
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- College Football Week 14 Odds: Baylor -14 (Total 51)
Why bet on the Baylor Bears?The situation for the Bears would be a whole lot better this week if they had not gassed a huge second half lead when going against the Oklahoma Sooners a couple of weeks back. That would have left them unbeaten and given them a massive signature win that would have certainly helped their playoff cause.
As it is, there is likely no chance that they even get a mention in the conversation about the top 4, even if they win out. The good news is that this is a matchup that the Bears have dominated in the past, going 9-0 SU in their last 9 meetings with the Jayhawks. They are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall and a perfect 7-0 ATS in their last 7 meetings with Kansas.
- Points per Game: 33.91
- Passing Yards: 260.36
- Rushing Yards: 179.09
- Yards per Play: 6.58
- Points per Game: 19.55
- Passing Yards: 217.27
- Rushing Yards: 142.09
- Yards per Play: 4.81
Why bet on the Kansas Jayhawks?If we are being totally honest here, there really is not much to like about Kansas ahead of this game. They are coming into this one on a 3 game losing skid and are just 1-7 SU in conference play this season, which leaves them firmly rooted to the bottom of the PAC 12.
As we have already mentioned, the Jayhawks have had difficulty covering, never mind winning, against Baylor in recent seasons, but you could look at the fact that they are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games overall as a sign that they might be able to hang around in this one and keep it close. History would suggest otherwise, though, as Baylor has outscored them by an average of 27 PPG in their last 10 meetings.
- Points per Game: 25.09
- Passing Yards: 241.73
- Rushing Yards: 144.36
- Yards per Play: 6.02
- Points per Game: 33.82
- Passing Yards: 250.09
- Rushing Yards: 225.27
- Yards per Play: 6.17
Baylor vs Kansas 2019 College Football Week 14 Betting Trends
- Bears are 12-1 SU in their last 13 games
- Bears are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Big 12 conference
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Baylor’s last 7 games played in November
- Jayhawks are 1-7 SU in their last 8 games
- Jayhawks are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games played on a Saturday
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Kansas’ last 9 games
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Baylor vs KansasWith the conference championship game coming next week, it is going to be interesting to see how long Baylor keeps their starters on the field. Even if they pull those guys early, it’s likely that the damage will already be well and truly done.
Score: Baylor Bears 45 – Kansas Jayhawks 13
More Week 14 College Football Betting News
- Alabama vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Iowa State vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Florida State vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Preview
- Texas A&M vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 14 Betting Lines & Analysis
- Rutgers vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Notre Dame vs Stanford 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Navy vs Houston 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Georgia vs Georgia Tech 2019 College Football Week 14 Lines & Analysis
- Baylor vs Kansas 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Oregon State vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Analysis
- Colorado vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 14 Betting Lines & Preview
- Ohio State vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Prediction
- Boise State vs Colorado State 2019 College Football Week 14 Lines & Preview
- Appalachian State vs Troy 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Info