The Baylor Bears will be looking to remain unbeaten while giving their conference championship hopes a boost when they hit the road to take on the Kansas State Wildcats in their Big 12 showdown on Saturday. Will K-State take care of business at home or are the Bears the better bet to stay unbeaten and cover the chalk? Let’s get to my expert pick right now!
Baylor vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 6 Odds & Game Preview
- When: Saturday October 5, 2019, 3:31 PM ET
- Where: Bill Snyder Family Stadium, Manhattan, Kansas
- TV: ESPN2
- Radio: Baylor / Kansas State
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- College Football Week 6 Odds: K-State -2 / Total: 51
Why Bet On Baylor at +2?
Baylor looks like a good bet here because they’ve answered the bell every time this season. The Bears took out Iowa State 23-21 last weekend as John Mayers nailed a 38-yard field goal with just 21 seconds remaining to lift Baylor to victory after they nearly blew a 20-point fourth quarter lead. Another good reason to back Baylor is because they are the statistically better team on both sides of the ball in averaging 40.8 points per game (15th) while limiting the opposition to just 16.0 points per game defensively (20th).
- Average Score For: 46.67
- Total Yards: 497
- Pass Yards: 243.67
- Rush Yards: 253.33
- Average Score Against: 14.67
- Total Yards: 261.67
- Pass Yards: 146
- Rush Yards: 115.67
Why Bet On Kansas State at -2?
Kansas State looks like a solid pick to get the win and ATS cover because they Wildcats will be motivated after having their three-game winning streak snapped in their 26-13 road loss against Oklahoma State last weekend. K-State went an abysmal 1 for 13 on third downs and gave up an insane 296 rushing yards to Oklahoma State’s Chuba Hubbard in the loss. Another good reason to back K-State is because they’ve won two out of the last three in this series.
- Average Score For: 44
- Total Yards: 454.33
- Pass Yards: 174.33
- Rush Yards: 280
- Average Score Against: 12.67
- Total Yards: 256
- Pass Yards: 118.67
- Rush Yards: 137.33
College Football Week 6 Betting Trends for Baylor vs Kansas State
- Wildcats are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games following a straight up loss.
- Wildcats are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 home games.
- Wildcats are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games overall.
- Wildcats are 6-2 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- Wildcats are 19-7-1 ATS in their last 27 games following a ATS loss.
- Wildcats are 9-4 ATS in their last 13 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Wildcats are 35-17-2 ATS in their last 54 games in October.
Baylor vs Kansas State Expert Analysis and Prediction
While Baylor has gone 3-7 ATS in their last 10 meetings and 1-4 ATS in their last 5 meetings in Kansas State, the underdog in this rivalry has gone 4-0 ATS in their last 4 meetings.
I know K-State has gone 6-1 ATS in their last seven home games and 5-1 ATS in their last six games overall, but Baylor has gone 4-0 ATS in their last four games against a team with a winning record, 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games following a straight up win and 4-1 ATS in their last 5 conference games.
I love the job that former Temple head coach Vern Rhule is doing at Baylor after taking over a program in complete and utter shambles thanks to the pathetic drama of former head coach Art Briles and I believe the Bears are going to show their mettle again by getting the outright road win in this one!
Pick: Baylor +2