Jalen Hurts and the sixth-ranked Oklahoma Sooners will look to get in the conversation for a berth in the four-team College Football Playoff when they take on Charlie Brewer and the eighth-ranked Baylor Bears in their intriguing Big 12 championship showdown on Saturday. With Baylor looking for revenge for their narrow regular season loss against Oklahoma and both teams looking to finish with one loss, let’s find out which one is offering the best value against their NCAAF Odds.
Baylor vs Oklahoma 2019 Big 12 Championship Game Betting Lines & Analysis
- When: Saturday, December 7, 2019 at 12:00 PM ET
- Where: AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas
- TV: ABC
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: ABC Go
- Big 12 Championship Game Betting Lines: Oklahoma -9.5 (Total 62.5)
Why Bet On Baylor?Baylor might be an underdog, but there are a bunch of great reasons to back the Bears in the Big 12 championship. First, Baylor has been beaten just once this season. While that loss was a narrow 34-31 defeat against Oklahoma in Week 12, Baylor easily covered the chalk as an 11-point home underdog. And now they have the revenge factor going for them coming into this rematch. The, there’s the fact that Baylor has the better defense in this affair and an elite one at that.
The Bears rank a fantastic 13th in points allowed nationally by limiting the opposition to just 18.4 points per game. Last but not least, Baylor has won two straight and come into this title tilt off an emphatic 61-6 beat-down of Kansas last weekend.
- Points per Game: 36.17
- Passing Yards: 258.97
- Rushing Yards: 186.17
- Yards per Play: 6.56
- Points per Game: 18.42
- Passing Yards: 209.08
- Rushing Yards: 143.67
- Yards per Play: 4.77
Why Bet On Oklahoma?There are also a handful of great reasons to back the playoff-hopeful Sooners in this contest. First, Oklahoma comes into this contest with some nice momentum as they ride the wave of a four-game winning streak into the Big 12 championship. Then, there’s the fact that Oklahoma has the more explosive offense in averaging a stellar 44.3 points per game to rank fifth nationally in scoring.
Oklahoma should also have some confidence in knowing they can beat Baylor after taking out the Bears earlier this season, even if it was a tight affair in which they failed to cover the chalk. Last, but not least, Oklahoma has a shot to reach the CFP with a win here and a loss by Georgia, among other scenarios that could see them get into the four-team playoff.
- Points per Game: 44.33
- Passing Yards: 304.17
- Rushing Yards: 256.33
- Yards per Play: 8.31
- Points per Game: 24.67
- Passing Yards: 195.92
- Rushing Yards: 140.92
- Yards per Play: 5.35
Baylor vs Oklahoma Big 12 Championship Game Betting Trends
- Bears are 9-1 SU in their last 10 games against an opponent in the Big 12 conference
- Bears are 10-1 ATS in their last 11 games played in December
- Sooners are 9-1 SU in their last 10 games this season
- Sooners are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games played on a Saturday
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Oklahoma’s last 6 games played in December
Expert Analysis & Final Score Prediction for Baylor vs OklahomaWith this game being played at a neutral site (AT&T Stadium) I have the same feeling about this matchup that I did in the Week 12 meetings between these two. Basically, I feel like Baylor is underrated and a lot better than the near double-digit spread they are facing in this contest.
Not only that, but the key trends surrounding this matchup suggest a Baylor cover as well. The bears have gone 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall, 8-1 ATS vs. a team with a winning record and 7-2 ATS in their last 9 meetings against Oklahoma.
Conversely, the Sooners have gone a discouraging 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games following a straight up win and 4-10 ATS in their last 14 neutral site games. Oklahoma wins, but Baylor covers the spread in another thriller while pushing the Sooners really hard for the outright win!
Score: Oklahoma 31 Baylor 28
More Week 14 NCAAF Betting News
- Southern vs Alcorn State 2019 SWAC Championship Odds & Prediction
- UAB vs Florida Atlantic 2019 Conference USA Championship Spread & Betting Preview
- Louisiana-Lafayette vs Appalachian State 2019 Sun Belt Championship Lines & Game Analysis
- Cincinnati vs Memphis 2019 AAC Championship Odds & Game Preview
- 2019 College Football Week 15 Over/Under Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 15 ATS Betting Picks
- Ohio State vs Wisconsin 2019 Big Ten Championship Odds & Game Analysis
- 2019 College Football Week 15 SU Betting Picks
- Miami (OH) vs Central Michigan 2019 MAC Championship Spread & Expert Pick
- Georgia vs LSU 2019 SEC Championship Lines & Betting Prediction
- Hawaii vs Boise State 2019 MWC Championship Odds & Game Preview
- Baylor vs Oklahoma 2019 Big 12 Championship Game Betting Lines & Analysis
- Utah vs Oregon 2019 PAC-12 Championship Game Odds & Expert Pick
- 2019 College Football Week 15 Odds, Overview & Picks