All the talk in college football circles is about which 4 teams will be taking part in the playoffs. Before that question can be answered, we have the business of the conference championship games to take care of. The question about the payoffs is not going to go away this weekend, though, as many of the games on the schedule are going to have some sort of impact on who gets in and who misses out, including the fate of the Big 12 Championship lines favorite Oklahoma Sooners.
With a win in the Big 12 Championship Game, the Sooners will almost certainly be part of the playoff equation, but a loss to the TCU Horned Frogs would throw things into turmoil. A second loss on the season would knock out the Sooners, while potentially opening the door for a 1-loss Alabama, or perhaps even the Ohio State Buckeyes.
There are a lot of moving parts in this year’s playoff race, but all these two teams are worried about this coming Saturday is taking care of business and becoming the Big 12 Champion. The Sooners are a 7-point favorite, with the point total for this one set at 63 ½.
Big 12 Championship Lines & Info: TCU vs. Oklahoma
— TCU Football (@TCUFootball) 28 de noviembre de 2017
- When: Saturday, December 2 at 12:30 PM EST
- Where: AT&T Stadium, Arlington
- TV: FOX
- Radio: 96.7 FM (TCU) / 107.7 FM (Oklahoma)
- Live Stream: Fox Sports GO
- Big 12 Championship Lines: Oklahoma Sooners -7 (Over/Under at 63.5)
- Clear: 20°C/68°F
- Humidity: 56%
- Precipitation: 0%
- Cloud Cover: 8%
- Wind: 7 mph SSW
- Stadium Type: Retractable
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Oklahoma Sooners lead 7-3
- Score: TCU Horned Frogs 22.20 / Oklahoma Sooners 25.90
- Rush Yards: TCU Horned Frogs 113.30 / Oklahoma Sooners 171.90
- Pass Attempts: TCU Horned Frogs 31.70 / Oklahoma Sooners 32.20
- Completion Percentage: TCU Horned Frogs 50.79 / Oklahoma Sooners 49.69
- Passing Yards: TCU Horned Frogs 231.50 / Oklahoma Sooners 227.90
- Total Yards: TCU Horned Frogs 344.8 / Oklahoma Sooners 399.8
- Turnovers: TCU Horned Frogs 1.70 / Oklahoma Sooners 1.80
Why bet on the TCU Horned Frogs?
The TCU Horned Frogs finished just behind the Sooners in the Big 12 standings, finishing with a 7-2 conference record, and a 10-2 record overall. TCU saw their playoff hopes take a serious hit with a loss to Iowa State earlier in the season and then saw those hopes totally dashed in a 38-20 loss to these same Oklahoma Sooners. They will be looking at this game as a legitimate shot at revenge, as a win would almost certainly kill off the playoff hopes of Oklahoma.
The Horned Frogs have been very good offensively this season, averaging over 34 PPG, with their offensive output pretty evenly split between their passing and ground games. Defensively, they were also solid, giving up a little over 15 PPG, and were particularly stout against the run. On the downside, they are just 1-6 SU in their last 7 games against Oklahoma, with the UNDER hitting in 6 of their last 8 meetings with the Sooners.
- Average Score For: 34.50
- Total Yards: 422.00
- Rush Yards: 184.00
- Passing Yards: 238.00
- Average Score Against: 15.67
- Total Yards: 317.5
- Rush Yards: 90.00
- Passing Yards: 227.50
Why bet on the Oklahoma Sooners?
It’s fair to suggest that all the pressure in this game is on the Oklahoma Sooners, as this will be the game that makes or breaks their playoff bid. They certainly deserve their lofty standing right now, going 8-1 in conference play and 11-1 overall. This will be the first time that the Big 12 has had a championship game since 2010, but in the years that the game was played, it was the Sooners who were the kings of the conference.
They appeared in 7 of the last 10 Big 12 Conference Games, going 6-1 in those outings. Oklahoma comes into this game on a 7-game winning streak, with much of the credit for that run going to QB Baker Mayfield, who would appear to be a lock for the Heisman. The Sooners have won 7 of their last 10 meetings with the Horned Frogs.
- Average Score For: 45.25
- Total Yards: 594.25
- Rush Yards: 216.50
- Passing Yards: 377.75
- Average Score Against: 25.67
- Total Yards: 390.34
- Rush Yards: 149.17
- Passing Yards: 241.17
Big 12 Championship Lines Trends
- Texas Christian is 10-2 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Texas Christian’s last 8 games
- Texas Christian is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing Oklahoma
- Oklahoma is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Oklahoma is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Oklahoma’s last 8 games when playing Texas Christian
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
This is a game that has potential upset written all over it, but I think the Sooners look like a legitimate National Championship contender. I like them to back the Big 12 Championship lines to win, but I do think that the TCU Horned Frogs will cover the spread.
Score: TCU Horned Frogs 30 – Oklahoma Sooners 35