Now, down to fourth in the national rankings, the Clemson Tigers will be looking to pick up an emphatic victory to improve their chances of reaching the College Football Playoff when they host the Boston College Eagles in their Week 9 ACC clash on Saturday. While the defending national champion Tigers are unbeaten after entering the regular season as the prohibitive favorite to repeat, they haven’t been nearly as dominant as they have been the last few seasons and now will look to make a statement after getting surpassed by No. 2 LSU and No. 3 Ohio State while No. 5 Oklahoma and No. 6 Penn State are lurking. Let’s find out if Clemson can get the win and ATS cover as a nearly five-touchdown home favorite or whether the Eagles are the pick to either get the upset or cash in as a huge road dog.
Boston College vs Clemson 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Game Info
- When: Saturday, October 26, 2019 at 7:30 PM ET
- Where: Clemson Memorial Stadium, Clemson, South Carolina
- TV: ACCTV
- Radio: Boston College / Clemson
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- College Football Week 9 Odds: Clemson -34 / Total: 59
- Rain: 17°C/63°F
- Humidity: 92%
- Precipitation: 70%
- Wind: 7 mph ESE
- Cloud Cover: 97%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why Bet On Boston College?
While Boston College isn’t in the same class of elite title hopefuls as Clemson, there are a handful of good reasons to back the Eagles in this contest. First, BC comes into this contest feeling good after snapping a two-game losing streak by smacking NC State senseless 45-24 last weekend to cover the spread as a 4.5-point home underdog.
Then, there’s the fact that the Eagles average a healthy 34.6 points per game which is just 5.4 fewer points per game than Clemson. Another good reason to back BC in this affair is the fact that the Eagles have lost just once in the last 10 meetings by more than the 34-point spread in this matchup.
Then, there’s the fact that BC has one of the best rushing attacks in the country in ranking sixth nationally in rushing yards per game (277.6 ypg). Running back AJ Dillon ranks second in the country in rushing yards (968) and rushing yards per game (138.3). Last but not least, Boston College has put together a bunch of encouraging ATS trends like their 16-4-1 ATS mark in their last 21 conference games and bankroll-boosting 19-7 ATS mark in their last 26 road games.
- Average Score For: 32.83
- Total Yards: 487.33
- Pass Yards: 235
- Rush Yards: 252.33
- Average Score Against: 28.83
- Total Yards: 476.16
- Pass Yards: 284.33
- Rush Yards: 191.83
Why Bet On Clemson?
While Clemson hasn’t been overpowering by any stretch of the imagination this season, there are still a handful of great reasons to back the Tigers in this matchup. First, the Tigers have won eight straight over Boston College and a whopping 22 consecutive games overall. Then, there’s the fact that Clemson has won 19 straight at home and 40 of their last 41 in their comfy confines. Another great reason to back Clemson is the fact that they’ve looked great the last two weeks in pounding Florida State 45-14 and Louisville 45-10 last weekend. Last but not least, Clemson has a superstar quarterback in Trevor Lawrence and simply, way more overall roster talent than BC.
- Average Score For: 39.17
- Total Yards: 497
- Pass Yards: 258.17
- Rush Yards: 238.83
- Average Score Against: 12.33
- Total Yards: 254.83
- Pass Yards: 150.33
- Rush Yards: 104.50
Boston College vs Clemson Expert Analysis and Prediction
While I have no doubt that Boston College is not going to get the outright road win in this matchup, I do like the Eagles to cover a point spread that I feel is a bit too high. The road team in this SEC rivalry has gone a perfect 4-0 ATS in the last four meetings while Boston College has gone 5-2 ATS in their last seven road dates against Clemson.
While the Tigers have gone an impressive 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games and 4-1 ATS in their last five home games, Boston College has gone 11-4-1 ATS in their last 16 games against a team with a winning record and a bankroll-boosting 20-8-1 ATS in their last 29 games overall. Clemson will get the outright home win, but BC covers the chalk with room to spare.
Pick: Clemson 38 Boston College 21
More College Football Week 9 Betting News
- Washington State vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Pick
- Missouri vs Kentucky 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Expert Analysis
- Arizona State vs UCLA 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Preview
- Notre Dame vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Maryland vs Minnesota 2019 College Football Week 9 Spread & Analysis
- Penn State vs Michigan State 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Prediction
- Texas vs TCU 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Arkansas vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Expert Pick
- Boston College vs Clemson 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Game Info
- College Football Picks Week Nine (Ep. 743)
- Oklahoma vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 9 Spread & Game Preview
- Wisconsin vs Ohio State 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Expert Analysis
- SMU vs Houston 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Appalachian State vs South Alabama 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Analysis