No. 16 Notre Dame can’t reach the College Football Playoff, but the Irish still are in very good shape for a New Year’s Six bowl game – unless they are upset at home by unranked Boston College on Saturday. Notre Dame opened as a 19-point favorite on the Mybookie NCAAF odds.
How to Bet Boston College vs Notre Dame College Football Week 13 Odds & Game Info
- When: Saturday, 2:30 PM ET
- Where: Notre Dame Stadium
- TV: NBC
- Live Stream: NBC Sports Live
- Radio: SiriusXM
- College Football Week 13 Odds: Notre Dame -19 (Total 64)
Boston College vs Notre Dame Last MeetingTeams last met at Boston College early in the 2017 season and the Irish rolled 49-20. Brandon Wimbush ran for four touchdowns and 207 yards, a record for a Notre Dame quarterback. Josh Adams rushed for 229 in three quarters, the first time in the history of the Irish program that two players ran for more than 200 yards in a game. Neither player is with the school these days. Notre Dame (2-1) scored three straight touchdowns to turn a 14-13 game into a blowout and beat BC for the sixth straight time.
The Fighting Irish lead the all-time series 15-9.
Why Bet on Boston College?The Eagles are 5-5 so need a win in this game or the season finale at Pittsburgh to get bowl eligible. If BC doesn’t make a bowl, coach Steve Addazio might be fired. He might be regardless.
The Eagles come off a 38-31 home loss to Florida State on Nov. 9 so had last week off. It marked the second loss in as many years to the Seminoles with the game being decided in the final two minutes of play as DJ Matthews scored the game-winning touchdown, a 60-yard catch-and-run, with 1:48 left on the clock. The Eagles are 37-5 when leading at halftime under Addazio. Two of the five losses have come against FSU in the last two seasons when BC held a lead at halftime.
AJ Dillon rushed for 165 yards on a career-high 40 carries and added three catches for 25 yards for Boston College. He moved into a tie for eighth place in ACC history with his 19th career 100-yard games with Virginia’s Tiki Barber (1993-96). Dillon is now fourth in ACC history with 4,148 career rushing yards. He is the eighth player in conference history to reach the 4,000-yard plateau.
Kobay White caught five passes for 62 yards and two scores, while Dennis Grosel was 20-for-29 for 227 yards with an interception through the air.
Boston College is 5-7 all-time at Notre Dame. The Eagles are in search of their first win at Notre Dame since a 27-15 victory in 2007. Addazio coached special teams along with the tight ends and tackles at Notre Dame from 1999-2001 under Bob Davie. BC is 31-110-1 all-time versus ranked opponents, including a 4-10 mark against ranked Irish squads.
- Points per Game: 33.80
- Passing Yards: 201.50
- Rushing Yards: 281.70
- Yards per Play: 6.24
- Points per Game: 32.10
- Passing Yards: 302.30
- Rushing Yards: 184.60
- Yards per Play: 6.56
Why Bet on Notre Dame?During Notre Dame’s series-long six-game winning streak vs. BC, the Irish have won three of the six games by four points or less.
Notre Dame comes off a 52-20 win over Navy last Saturday. Senior receiver Chase Claypool had the best game of his career with seven catches, 117 yards and a career-high four touchdowns. His three first-half touchdown receptions were the most by an Irish player since at least 1950. With four scoring catches, Claypool tied the Notre Dame record set by Maurice Stovall against BYU in 2005.
Quarterback Ian Book had a similar career performance, finishing 14-of-20 for 284 yards and five touchdowns, including a career-long 70-yard toss to Braden Lenzy in the second quarter. Book became the first quarterback in program history to record four games with four passing touchdowns in a season and also first with three games of five passing touchdowns in a year. The Irish outgained the Midshipmen 410-360 despite running 24 fewer plays (77 to 53). The Irish defense had plenty to do with it, recovering four Navy fumbles, all of which turned into Notre Dame points.
With another scoreless first quarter from the Notre Dame defense vs. Navy, the Irish are allowing just 3.40 points/game in the opening stanza this season. It marked the fifth first-quarter shutout by the Irish of the season.
On a rollThe 52 points scored marked the most Notre Dame has ever scored against a ranked Navy team. The previous high came on Nov. 1, 1958, when the Irish defeated the Mids, 40-20, at Baltimore’s Memorial Stadium. Brian Kelly became just the third coach in Notre Dame history with three or more wins of at least 25 points over ranked teams.
Notre Dame has won 17 consecutive games at Notre Dame Stadium. It is the third-longest winning streak at home for the Irish since Notre Dame Stadium opened in 1930. Notre Dame has not achieved back-to-back undefeated home seasons since 1988-89.
The Irish will wear Under Armour Heritage uniforms that pay homage to the 1988 National Championship team.
- Points per Game: 36.00
- Passing Yards: 253.20
- Rushing Yards: 168.80
- Yards per Play: 6.31
- Points per Game: 19.30
- Passing Yards: 162.50
- Rushing Yards: 168.60
- Yards per Play: 4.78
Boston College vs Notre Dame College Football Week 13 Betting Trends
- Under is 4-0 in the last 4 meetings in Notre Dame
- Road team is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 meetings
- Underdog is 9-3 ATS in their last 12 meetings
- Eagles are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games played in November
- Eagles are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Boston College’s last 6 games this season
- Fighting Irish are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games
- Fighting Irish are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games played in week 13
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Notre Dame’s last 8 games against Boston College
Expert Final Score Prediction for Boston College vs Notre DameBoston College 24 – Notre Dame 41
More Week 13 College Football Betting News
- Oklahoma State vs West Virginia 2019 College Football Week 13 Lines & Expert Pick
- Memphis vs USF 2019 College Football Week 13 Betting Lines & Preview
- Temple vs Cincinnati 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- How to Bet SMU vs Navy 2019 College Football Week 13 Spread & Expert Pick
- Boston College vs Notre Dame 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds & Prediction
- Purdue vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 13 Spread & Analysis
- Illinois vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 13 Spread & Game Info
- Kansas State vs Texas Tech 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Duke vs Wake Forest 2019 College Football Week 13 Lines & Expert Pick
- Minnesota vs Northwestern 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds & Betting Analysis
- College Football Picks Week 13 & Wazzu Trip Recap (Ep. 755)
- Texas vs Baylor 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Samford vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 13 Lines & Expert Prediction
- How to Bet Arkansas vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds & Game Info