Now that the college football playoffs have proven to be a total success, the question now is whether the NCAA should look at some sort of expansion. The idea behind adding more teams to the playoff system is that some teams outside of the Power 5 conferences might get a look. The danger of that type of move is that it could lead to potential blowouts in the postseason, prompting people to wish that things had been left as they were. This is all conjecture for the moment, though, as there are no real plans to make any sort of change in the near future.
As of now, the only team outside of the Power 5 to crack the top 4 and make the playoffs is the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, who needed to go unbeaten last season to get in. They are still top 10 right now, but with one loss on the season already, their chances of a repeat trip to the postseason seems slim. They will have an easier one this weekend, with the Bowling Green Falcons coming to town as a 46-point underdog. The point total for this one has been set at 61.5.
Bowling Green vs Notre Dame 2019 College Football Week 6 Spread & Prediction
- When: Saturday, October 5, 3:30 PM EST
- Where: Notre Dame Stadium, South Bend
- TV: NBC
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NBC Sports Live
- College Football Week 6 Spread: Notre Dame -46 (Total 61.5)
- Mostly Cloudy: 19°C/66°F
- Humidity: 68%
- Precipitation: 20%
- Cloud Cover: 75%
- Wind: 12 mph SE
- Stadium Type: Open
Why bet on the Bowling Green Falcons?
There are always going to be people who complain when they see these types of matchups on the schedule, but the reality is that the Bowling Green Falcons, and other teams just like them, need these big games to help their athletics programs survive. We all know that they are going to get totally slaughtered on Saturday, but the money and the experience that they will get from this game are totally invaluable.
On the playing side of things, the Falcons come into this one on a 3-game losing skid that has seen them fall to 1-3 SU on the season. After racking up 46 points in their season opener, Bowling Green has now managed just 27 total points in their last 3 games. They are now 1-4 ATS in their last 5 outings.
- Points per Game: 18.25
- Passing Yards: 187.50
- Rushing Yards: 165.00
- Yards per Play: 4.64
- Points per Game: 38.00
- Passing Yards: 227.75
- Rushing Yards: 220.75
- Yards per Play: 6.67
Why bet on the Notre Dame Fighting Irish?
The problem with being an Independent team is that you do not get a shot at getting one more chance to impress the playoff committee with a conference championship game. What that means is that a one-loss Notre Dame team is probably always going to lose out to a one-loss Power 5 team that wins their conference championship game. Call it unfair if you want, but that is the way in which the playoff committee does business.
The Irish have already taken that loss but going down on the road to the Georgia Bulldogs is not a reason to be ashamed. Notre Dame showed what they are made of by bouncing back and beating a ranked Virginia team 35-20 in the following week. The Irish will be looking to extend their home win streak to 15 this weekend.
- Points per Game: 39.33
- Passing Yards: 300.67
- Rushing Yards: 144.33
- Yards per Play: 6.99
- Points per Game: 18.00
- Passing Yards: 157.33
- Rushing Yards: 204.33
- Yards per Play: 5.19
Bowling Green vs Notre Dame College Football Week 6 Betting Trends
- Falcons are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games played in October
- Falcons are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played in week 6
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Bowling Green’s last 6 games played on a Saturday
- Fighting Irish are 14-0 SU in their last 14 games at home
- Fighting Irish are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games played on a Saturday
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Notre Dame’s last 7 games
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Bowling Green vs Notre Dame
This is a game where you would fully expect the Irish to cover, even with a spread as large as what we are seeing here. I think they get there, but I also think we see the total fall UNDER.
Score: Bowling Green Falcons 3 – Notre Dame Fighting Irish 55
More Week 6 College Football Betting News
- Bowling Green vs Notre Dame 2019 College Football Week 6 Spread & Prediction
- Georgia vs Tennessee 2019 College Football Spread, Analysis & Betting Pick
- Texas vs West Virginia 2019 College Football Week 6 Lines & Game Prediction
- Auburn vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 6 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Baylor vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 6 Odds & Game Preview
- 2019 College Football Week 6 Parlay Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 6 Odds, Overview & Picks
- Purdue vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 6 Lines & Expert Pick
- Iowa vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 6 Odds & Analysis
- College Football Picks Week Six (Ep. 734)
- Kent State vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 6 Spread & Game Preview
- Oklahoma vs Kansas 2019 College Football Week 6 Lines & Expert Pick
- Utah State vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 6 Odds & Prediction
- 2019 College Football Week 6 Over/Under Betting Picks