In one of NCAAF Week 3’s top games, the #8 Cincinnati Bearcats head to Indiana to take on the Hoosiers. So far, the Bearcats have played like a team looking to make a bid for the College Football Playoffs. Indiana suffered a tough loss to #5 Iowa in their first game but bounced back with a big win and cover versus Idaho in their second. Will Indiana show why they entered the season ranked in the Top 25? Or will Cincinnati prove why many are saying they’re underrated? Check out NCAAF odds, analysis, and a free pick for Indiana versus Cincinnati.
College Football Odds and Predictions – Cincinnati Bearcats vs Indiana Hoosiers
#8 Cincinnati Bearcats at Indiana Odds & Game Info
- When: Saturday, Sep. 18 at 12:00 pm ET
- Where: Memorial Stadium, Bloomington, IN
- TV / Streaming: ESPN
- ATS Odds: Cincinnati -3 ½
Why bet on the Cincinnati versus Indiana?
There are few reasons, maybe zero, not to back the Bearcats to cover. So far, Cincinnati has played like one of the best teams in the nation. In a couple of games versus Murray State and Miami-Ohio, Cincinnati has rolled. The Bearcats beat Miami-Ohio 49-14. Cincinnati dusted Murray State 42-7. Opponents are averaging 260.5 yards per versus Cincinnati.
Cincinnati Bearcats Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 466.5
- Passing Yards: 278
- Rushing Yards: 188.5
- Points Scored: 45.5
- Turnovers: 2
Cincinnati Bearcats Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 260.5
- Passing Yards: 129
- Rushing Yards: 131.5
- Points Scored: 10.5
Why bet on the Indiana versus Cincinnati?
After suffering the loss to Iowa, Indiana bounced back with a win and a cover as a -31.5 chalk versus the Idaho Vandals. The Hoosiers beat the Vandals 56-14. Quarterback Michael Penix Jr. barely played. So he should be well-rested for this. Not only that, but this happens on Indiana’s field where their fans will be ready to cheer for their team.
Indiana Hoosiers Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 285.5
- Passing Yards: 157.5
- Rushing Yards: 128
- Points Scored: 31
- Turnovers: 0
Indiana Hoosiers Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 282
- Passing Yards: 170.5
- Rushing Yards: 111.5
- Points Scored: 24
- Takeaways: 0
Relevant Trends for Cincinnati Bearcats at Indiana Hoosiers
- Bearcats are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games after allowing less than 100 yards rushing in their previous game
- Cincinnati is 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games after allowing less than 150 yards passing in their previous game
- Over is 5-1 in Bearcats last 6 games as a favorite
- Hoosiers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games following an ATS win
- Indiana is 13-3 ATS versus a team with a winning record
- Over is 7-1 in Hoosiers last 8 non-conference games
Cincinnati versus Indiana Final Betting Prediction
Iowa spanked Indiana big time in a game that many thought was going to be much closer. But although the Hoosiers suffered the huge loss, they bounced back well. Also, Iowa has turned out to be one of the best teams in college football.
Right now, the Hawkeyes are the highest ranked team in the Big Ten. So there’s a chance Indiana improves from their terrific win against Idaho.
However, Cincinnati is one of the best teams in the nation. The 8-ranked Bearcats are playing well on both sides of the ball. Yes, Cincinnati hasn’t played a great team yet this season, but they hung with Georgia in the Peach Bowl to end last season.
So far in 2021, it’s more of the same. Give Cincinnati the edge. The Bearcats are for real. Indiana has yet to prove they can hang with a squad as good as Cincinnati and the line is more than fair.
NCAAF Week 3 Pick: Cincinnati -3.5
College Football Betting News
- NCAAF 2021 Regular Season: Arizona vs Oregon Betting Analysis & Prediction
- #12 Notre Dame vs #18 Wisconsin | Betting Analysis & Predictions
- NCAAF 2021 Regular Season – Southern Miss at Alabama Betting Preview
- NCAAF 2021 Season: Top 25 Betting Options and Analysis
- NCAAF 2021 Regular Season – Clemson vs NC State Betting Preview