The 16th-ranked Memphis Tigers will look to take care of business at home when they host the 21st-ranked Cincinnati Bearcats in their 2019 American Athletic Conference championship showdown on Saturday afternoon. While Cincinnati has suffered two losses, the Bearcats will look to stop Memphis from potentially reaching a New Year’s Day bowl game by finishing with one loss. If you’re looking to find out which team is offering the best value against their college football odds, then, let’s get to my expert picks on this intriguing pairing right now.
Cincinnati vs Memphis 2019 AAC Championship Odds & Game Preview
- When: Saturday, December 7, 2019 at 3:30 PM ET
- Where: Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium, Memphis, Tennessee
- TV: ABC
- Radio: Cincinnati / Memphis
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- ACC Championship Odds: Memphis -9.5 / Total: 57.5
- Partly Cloudy: 12°C/54°F
- Humidity: 77%
- Precipitation: 10%
- Wind: 6 mph NE
- Cloud Cover: 54%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why Bet On Cincinnati?
Cincinnati might be a nearly double-digit underdog in the AAC championship, but there are a handful of good reasons to believe the Bearcats can at least cover the chalk. First, Cincinnati has won nine of their last 10 games. The bad news is that the Bearcats come into this title tilt off a discouraging 34-24 road loss against…you guessed it – Memphis.
However, with this being an immediate rematch, Cincinnati definitely has the revenge factor going for them. Then, there’s the fact that the Bearcats have gone 7-2 ATS in their last 9 meetings against Memphis and a perfect 5-0 ATS in their last 5 road dates against the Tigers. Last, but not least, Cincinnati has the better statistical defense in allowing just 21.0 points per game.
- Average Score For: 29.42
- Total Yards: 381.33
- Pass Yards: 183.58
- Rush Yards: 197.75
- Average Score Against: 21.08
- Total Yards: 370.75
- Pass Yards: 231.58
- Rush Yards: 139.17
Why Bet On Memphis?
Despite the fact that they’re giving up almost 10 points as home favorites, there are plenty of good reasons to back the Tigers to win and cover the nearly double-digit spread. First, Memphis has won six straight games since suffering their only loss of the season. More importantly, the Tigers thoroughly dominated Cincinnati last weekend while never trailing.
Then, there’s the fact that Memphis also has the far more potent offense in this affair by averaging a stellar 41.5 points per game to Cincy’s more modest 29.4 points per contest. The Tigers have also gone a stellar 8-2 ATS in their last 10 home games and an equally impressive 11-4 ATS in their last 15 conference games.
- Average Score For: 41.50
- Total Yards:
- Pass Yards: 287.08
- Rush Yards: 196.42
- Average Score Against: 24.42
- Total Yards: 365.50
- Pass Yards: 198.00
- Rush Yards: 167.50
2019 AAC Championship Betting Trends for Cincinnati vs Memphis
- Cincinnati is 2-4 ATS in the last 6 games
- Cincinnati is 9-1 SU in the last 10 games
- The total went UNDER in 5 of Cincinnati’s last 6 games
- Memphis is 0-6 ATS in the last 6 games played in December
- Memphis is 6-0 SU in the last 6 games
- The total went OVER in 7 of Memphis’ last 9 games
Cincinnati vs Memphis Expert Analysis and Prediction
I know the underdog in this rivalry has gone 5-2 ATS in their last 7 meetings and that a solid 62 percent of public bettors are currently backing the Bearcats to cover the chalk, but I’m just not seeing it happen, particularly after the way Memphis just delivered a bold, statement-making message to the Bearcats last weekend. Cincinnati has gone an uninspiring 2-4 ATS over their last six games while Memphis has gone 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games overall. With a conference championship riding on the line and this title title going down at home, I like the Memphis Tigers to get it done!
Pick: Memphis 35 Cincinnati 27
More College Football Week 15 Betting News
- Southern vs Alcorn State 2019 SWAC Championship Odds & Prediction
- UAB vs Florida Atlantic 2019 Conference USA Championship Spread & Betting Preview
- Louisiana-Lafayette vs Appalachian State 2019 Sun Belt Championship Lines & Game Analysis
- Cincinnati vs Memphis 2019 AAC Championship Odds & Game Preview
- 2019 College Football Week 15 Over/Under Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 15 ATS Betting Picks
- Ohio State vs Wisconsin 2019 Big Ten Championship Odds & Game Analysis
- 2019 College Football Week 15 SU Betting Picks
- Miami (OH) vs Central Michigan 2019 MAC Championship Spread & Expert Pick
- Georgia vs LSU 2019 SEC Championship Lines & Betting Prediction
- Hawaii vs Boise State 2019 MWC Championship Odds & Game Preview
- Baylor vs Oklahoma 2019 Big 12 Championship Game Betting Lines & Analysis
- Utah vs Oregon 2019 PAC-12 Championship Game Odds & Expert Pick
- 2019 College Football Week 15 Odds, Overview & Picks