Every single team in college football comes into the new season with expectations that need to be met. For some, it is simply seeing an improvement over the previous season, while for others, it’s all about securing a bowl game. The expectations are much higher for many of the teams in the Power 5 conference, with a conference championship win just the first item on a checklist that might also include a playoff spot and a National Championship. The number of teams with that lengthy checklist is relatively small, though, but that does nothing to diminish those high expectations.
The Clemson Tigers, who just happen to be the defending champions, are perhaps the team with the highest expectations of the lot, not to mention the one with the largest target on their backs. They are perfect through the first month of the season and will have an opportunity to continue rolling this weekend when they make a tricky little road trip to Chapel Hill to face the North Carolina Tar Heels. The champs are favored by 27, with the point total for this one set at 60.
Clemson vs North Carolina 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds & Game Preview
- When: Saturday, September 28, 3 PM EST
- Where: Kenan Stadium, Chapel Hill
- TV: ABC
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: ABC Go
- College Football Week 5 Odds: Clemson -27 (Total 60)
- AM Thunderstorms: 32°C/89°F
- Humidity: 73%
- Precipitation: 40%
- Cloud Cover: 52%
- Wind: 4 mph SSW
- Stadium Type: Open
Why bet on the Clemson Tigers?
The Clemson Tigers are coming into Week 5 of the college football season with a perfect 4-0 record, but there are some concerns about the play of QB Trevor Lawrence. This young man was almost like a machine last year, which set the bar very high coming into this season. Its not that he has been particularly awful, but his production has dipped, and he also had 5 INT’s through the opening 4 weeks.
Despite all of that concern, the Tigers continue to win and be a good bet across the board. Their win streak against teams from the ACC now sits at 15, while they are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games overall. If there is one little warning sign here, it’s that Clemson is just 1-4 ATS in their last 5 visits to Chapel Hill.
- Points per Game: 39.00
- Passing Yards: 293.33
- Rushing Yards: 251.00
- Yards per Play: 7.49
- Points per Game: 10.00
- Passing Yards: 181.67
- Rushing Yards: 75.00
- Yards per Play: 3.79
Why bet on the North Carolina Tar Heels?
The Tar Heels chose to turn back the clock in the offseason, bringing back Mack Brown for his second stint as head coach. Through the opening 2 weeks of the season, that move looked lie a stroke of absolute genius, with UNC posting upset wins against South Carolina and Miami. The Tar Heels, though, have come crashing back down to earth and are heading into Week 5 of the season on a 2-game losing skid.
Their loss to Wake Forest in Week 3 was not totally unexpected, but they will have been especially disappointed at losing 34-31 to Appalachian State as a mild 2 ½ point favorite. UNC is now 1-8 SU in their last 9 games versus ACC opposition. The OVER has hit in 5 of the last 6 meetings between these two teams.
- Points per Game: 23.33
- Passing Yards: 242.00
- Rushing Yards: 159.67
- Yards per Play: 5.91
- Points per Game: 23.00
- Passing Yards: 221.67
- Rushing Yards: 176.33
- Yards per Play: 5.66
Clemson vs North Carolina College Football Week 5 Betting Trends
- Tigers are 10-0 SU in their last 10 games played in September
- Tigers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Clemson’s last 5 games played on a Saturday
- Tar Heels are 4-11 SU in their last 15 games at home
- Tar Heels are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games played on a Saturday
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of North Carolina’s last 7 games played in week 5
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Clemson vs North Carolina
The magic that seemed to be rippling through the Tar Heels in the opening 2 weeks of the season has now been snuffed out. The reality is that I think they are on to a bit of a beating here, which is why I am on the Clemson Tigers to win and cover the spread.
Score: Clemson Tigers 55 – North Carolina Tar Heels 13
More Week 5 College Football Betting News
- Mississippi State vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds & Expert Pick
- Connecticut vs UCF 2019 College Football Week 5 Spread & Game Preview
- USC vs Washington 2019 College Football Week 5 Spread & Betting Analysis
- Virginia vs Notre Dame 2019 College Football Week 5 Lines & Game Prediction
- Towson vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Clemson vs North Carolina 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds & Game Preview
- Middle Tennessee State vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds & Analysis
- Northwestern vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 5 Spread & Expert Pick
- Texas Tech vs Oklahoma 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds & Prediction
- 2019 College Football Week 5 Over/Under Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 5 ATS Betting Picks
- Washington State vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds, Preview and Prediction
- Penn State vs Maryland 2019 College Football Week 4 Lines & Game Prediction
- Arizona State vs California 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds, Game Preview and Pick
Even More Clemson Archived Betting Articles
- Georgia vs Clemson NCAAF | Potential Playoff Preview
- ACC Football Odds to Win: Can Clemson Be Dethroned?
- Clemson vs. Ohio State Sugar Bowl Odds | 2020 NCAAF Expert Betting Analysis
- ACC Championship Game No. 3 Clemson vs. No. 2 Notre Dame | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- No. 3 Clemson vs Virginia Tech | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- Pittsburgh vs No. 3 Clemson Preview | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- No. 4 Clemson vs Florida State Preview | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- No. 1 Clemson vs. Georgia Tech Saturday Early Bird | 2020 NCAA Expert Analysis
- Miami at Clemson College Football Expert Analysis
- Trevor Lawrence Heisman Trophy Odds & Analysis For 2020 Season
- LSU vs Clemson 2020 College Football Championship Odds & Pick
- How to Bet the 2020 College Football Championship Game
- Clemson vs Ohio State 2019 Fiesta Bowl Odds, Game Info & Expert Pick
- Virginia vs Clemson 2019 ACC Championship Betting Lines & Analysis