The playoff system in college football has proven to be a huge success, so much so that there are now a lot of people calling for it to be expanded from 4 teams to 6, or possibly even 8. Those who argue that the playoffs should be more expansive tend to be the ones who want to see teams outside of the Power 5 conferences being given a chance to compete with the big boys. While Notre Dame got into the top 4 as an Independent last season, the chances of a non-Power 5 team getting in still seem pretty slim.
That means that the likes of Boise State and UCF will not see a playoff game under the current system, with the Knight being the most vocal about their omission over the last couple of seasons. The UCF Knights are not going to be in that conversation this season, though, as they have already been hit with a rather surprising loss. They will look to get back to winning ways when they host the Connecticut Huskies on Saturday night. UCF is favored by 43 ½, with the point total for this one set at 64 ½.
Connecticut vs UCF 2019 College Football Week 5 Spread & Game Preview
- When: Saturday, September 28, 7 PM EST
- Where: Spectrum Stadium, Orlando
- TV: ESPN2
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- College Football Week 5 Spread: UCF -43.5 (Total 64.5)
- Mostly Sunny: 28°C/82°F
- Humidity: 68%
- Precipitation: 7%
- Cloud Cover: 22%
- Wind: 9 mph ENE
- Stadium Type: Open
Why bet on the Connecticut Huskies?
The UConn Huskies opened the season with a rather unconvincing 24-21 win over Wagner in a game that they started as a 21-point favorite. The warning signs were there that this might be a rough season, which is starting to be the case. The Huskies have now lost back to back games, and while they were competitive in a 31-23 loss to Illinois, the doors were blown off in their last game, a 38-3 loss to Indiana.
That win versus Wagner to start the year was their only victory in their last 12 attempts. They will head to Orlando this weekend in an attempt to snap out of a 9-game losing skid on the road, but a win here seems highly unlikely. In games played in September, the Huskies are just 2-10 ATS in their last 12.
- Points per Game: 23.50
- Passing Yards: 216.50
- Rushing Yards: 122.00
- Yards per Play: 4.80
- Points per Game: 26.00
- Passing Yards: 153.50
- Rushing Yards: 116.50
- Yards per Play: 4.82
Why bet on the UCF Knights?
I think we were all prepared for another season of the Knights running the table and once again demanding to be part of the payoff conversation. It certainly looked as through they were going to follow the regular script, winning their opening 3 games of the season and scoring over 50 PPG in the process.
The wheels came off the bus last weekend, though, with the Knights going down 35-34 to Pittsburgh in a game that they started as a 10-point favorite. With that loss, UCF is now 18-2 in their last 20 games, but they are still on a 17-game win streak in their own building. They are also 18-0 in their last 18 games against teams from the AAC. In September games, the Knights have gone 8-2 ATS in their last 10.
- Points per Game: 51.67
- Passing Yards: 321.67
- Rushing Yards: 282.67
- Yards per Play: 7.71
- Points per Game: 13.67
- Passing Yards: 167.33
- Rushing Yards: 85.67
- Yards per Play: 3.45
Connecticut vs UCF College Football Week 5 Betting Trends
- Huskies are 0-10 SU in their last 10 games against an opponent in the American Athletic Conference conference
- Huskies are 2-10 ATS in their last 12 games played in September
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Connecticut’s last 5 games
- Knights are 17-0 SU in their last 17 games at home
- Knights are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played in week 5
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Central Florida’s last 11 games played on a Saturday
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Connecticut vs UCFLast week probably served as a bit of a wake-up call for the Knights, so I expect them to come out with all guns blazing on Saturday night. It’s a big spread to cover, but I think that UCF are up to the task.
Score: Connecticut Huskies 3 – UCF Knights 55
More College Football Week 5 Betting News
- Mississippi State vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds & Expert Pick
- Connecticut vs UCF 2019 College Football Week 5 Spread & Game Preview
- USC vs Washington 2019 College Football Week 5 Spread & Betting Analysis
- Virginia vs Notre Dame 2019 College Football Week 5 Lines & Game Prediction
- Towson vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Clemson vs North Carolina 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds & Game Preview
- Middle Tennessee State vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds & Analysis
- Northwestern vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 5 Spread & Expert Pick
- Texas Tech vs Oklahoma 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds & Prediction
- 2019 College Football Week 5 Over/Under Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 5 ATS Betting Picks
- Washington State vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds, Preview and Prediction
- Penn State vs Maryland 2019 College Football Week 4 Lines & Game Prediction
- Arizona State vs California 2019 College Football Week 5 Odds, Game Preview and Pick