It has been another disappointing season at Florida State, but the Seminoles can put bow on the regular season in style by upsetting No. 11 Florida in Gainesville – the Gators could be major bowl bound with a victory. Florida is solidly favored on the Mybookie NCAAF odds.
How to Bet Florida State vs Florida College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Info
- When: Saturday, 7:30 PM ET
- Where: Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
- TV: SEC Network
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- College Football Week 14 Spread: UF -17.5 (Total 53.5)
Last SeasonThe Gators rolled at FSU in 2018, 41-14, to hand the Seminoles their first losing season since 1976. Lamical Perine had a 74-yard touchdown run as Florida rushed for 278 yards, averaging 5.3 yards per carry. Perine ran for 129 yards, averaging 9.9 yards per carry.
UF had 536 yards offense. Feleipe Franks completed 16 of 26 passes for 254 yards. He threw touchdown passes to Van Jefferson, Trevon Grimes and Josh Hammond. Deondre Francois completed 14 of 29 passes for 154 yards, including a 15-yard touchdown pass to Cam Akers, and had a 4-yard touchdown run for FSU. Francois also threw two interceptions and fumbled.
Florida leads all-time 35-26-2.
Why Bet on Florida State?FSU got bowl-eligible on Nov. 16 with a 49-12 win over Alabama State — Florida State saw its 36-year bowl streak end in 2018 when the team went 5-7. Odell Haggins is 4-0 as an interim coach, first filling in at the end of the 2017 season after Jimbo Fisher left for Texas A&M and now after the dismissal of Willie Taggart on Nov. 3. » In its four games under Haggins’ direction, FSU is outscoring opponents by an average of 42.8 to 16.5.
James Blackman threw for three touchdowns, Khalan Laborn ran for two more in his first career start, and Hamsah Nasirildeen punctuated the win with an 80-yard interception return for a score. After the Hornets took a 3-0 lead on the game’s opening possession, Blackman answered with a 69-yard scoring strike to Tamorrion Terry on FSU’s first play from scrimmage. That was one of three plays of 60-plus yards for the Seminoles, who have had six such plays in the last two weeks.
Terry’s TD reception was his eighth of the season, which matches his season total from 2018 and is tied for 20th on the single-season TD reception list. He is averaging 53.75 yards per TD reception this season. Terry has 16 career TD receptions, which ties him for 19th all-time for the Noles, boasting an average of 46.44 yards per TD.
Some NumbersFSU is 30-for-34 on red zone opportunities this season, scoring 25 touchdowns with five field goals. Florida State’s 73.53 touchdown percentage in the red zone ranks 2nd in the ACC and 15th in FBS. Defensively, FSU is the only team in the ACC, and one of two nationally, that has not given up a 30-yard rush this season.
Since 1976, an unranked FSU team has never beaten a ranked Florida team. Offensive lineman Cole Minshew and the rest of the Seminoles will be aiming to end that streak: “They’re ranked pretty high and all that, so we’re going to try to spoil their little good season they’re having this year.”
- Points per Game: 30.18
- Passing Yards: 277.45
- Rushing Yards: 139.64
- Yards per Play: 5.94
- Points per Game: 27.45
- Passing Yards: 273.85
- Rushing Yards: 159.36
- Yards per Play: 5.29
Why Bet on Florida?Florida has been off since a 23-6 win at Missouri on Nov. 16 to improve to 9-2 overall. The Gators held Mizzou to 204 total yards. Linebacker Jon Greenard spent most of the day in the Tigers’ backfield, finishing with two sacks and five tackles for loss. Florida’s defense controlled the game from the start, totaling 10 tackles-for-loss (three sacks) and limiting Missouri to just 5 of 18 on third down.
UF forced 10 punts on the day and snagged an interception on its final drive. For the second week in a row and fifth time this season, Florida kept its opponent out of the end zone. Florida and Oregon are the only two FBS teams to hold five opponents without a touchdown this season (UT-Martin, Tennessee, Towson, Vanderbilt, Missouri). Since 1996, the only UF teams to accomplish the feat are the 2019 Gators and the 2009 Gators (six times).
Against SECFacing the SEC’s top passing defense, Gators QB Kyle Trask completed 23 of 35 passes for 282 yards and two touchdowns, bringing his season totals to 21 touchdowns with just six interceptions. The Gators have six 300-plus passing games in a season, the most since 2002. And they have 10 games of 250-plus yards passing for the first time since 2001 (all 12 games).
Florida finished with a 6-2 record in SEC play for the first time since 2016, when it also finished 6-2 and won the SEC East Division. The Gators also improved to 9-2 overall, setting up a chance to post a second consecutive 10-win season – a feat they have not accomplished since winning 13 games in both 2008 and 2009. Dan Mullen becomes the fourth head coach in program history to win at least nine games in their first two seasons. UF can finish undefeated at home for the 14th time since 1990 and the third time since 2010 (7-0 in 2012; 5-0 in 2016).
Florida can beat in-state rival Florida State in consecutive seasons for the first time since ripping off a six-game winning streak against the Seminoles from 2004-09. It can also finish with wins over Miami and Florida State for the first time since 2008.
- Points per Game: 32.36
- Passing Yards: 292.27
- Rushing Yards: 124.36
- Yards per Play: 6.38
- Points per Game: 14.18
- Passing Yards: 193.00
- Rushing Yards: 111.09
- Yards per Play: 4.84
Florida State vs Florida College Football Week 14 Betting Trends
- Road team is 7-1 ATS in their last 8 meetings
- Under is 6-1 in the last 7 meetings in Florida
- Favorite is 17-4 ATS in their last 21 meetings
- Seminoles are 0-6 SU in their last 6 games on the road
- Seminoles are 3-6 ATS in their last 9 games played in week 14
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Florida State’s last 10 games played in November
- Gators are 13-2 SU in their last 15 game
- Gators are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played in November
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Florida’s last 8 games played in week 14
Expert Final Score Prediction for Florida State vs FloridaFlorida State 14 – Florida 34
More Week 14 College Football Betting News
- Alabama vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Iowa State vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Florida State vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Preview
- Texas A&M vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 14 Betting Lines & Analysis
- Rutgers vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Notre Dame vs Stanford 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Navy vs Houston 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Georgia vs Georgia Tech 2019 College Football Week 14 Lines & Analysis
- Baylor vs Kansas 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Oregon State vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Analysis
- Colorado vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 14 Betting Lines & Preview
- Ohio State vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Prediction
- Boise State vs Colorado State 2019 College Football Week 14 Lines & Preview
- Appalachian State vs Troy 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Info