Wake Forest has been a nice surprise this season at 5-1 and the Demon Deacons already could get bowl-eligible with a home victory Saturday vs. Florida State, which is looking to avoid falling below .500. The Deacons are short NCAA football betting favorites.
How to Bet Florida State vs Wake Forest Collge Football Week 8 Odds & Game Info
- When: Saturday, 7:30 PM ET
- Where: BB&T Field
- TV: ACC Network
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- College Football Week 8 Odds: Wake Forest -2 (Total 69)
FSU rolled Wake 38-17 in 2018. Cam Akers had two touchdown runs, including a 58-yarder, and Deondre Francois threw for high 353 yards as Florida State bounced back from a sloppy start and scored 38 straight points. The Seminoles set season highs for points scored and offensive yards (485).
Sam Hartman completed 22 of 46 passes for 227 yards for Wake Forest, which ran 104 plays — the most ever against Florida State. Hartman hooked up with Jack Freudenthal on a 9-yard touchdown pass to put Wake Forest ahead 10-0, but the Demon Deacons didn’t score on their next 11 drives.
- Rain: 14°C/57°F
- Humidity: 66%
- Precipitation: 75%
- Cloud Cover: 100%
- Wind: 5 mph ENE
- Stadium Type: Open
Why Bet on Florida State?
FSU had a two-game winning streak snapped in a 45-14 loss at No. 2 Clemson last week. The Tigers’ defense collected four turnovers and limited the Seminoles (3-3, 2-2) to season lows with 253 yards and 103 rushing yards. For the second straight season the Seminoles were blown out in what not long ago was the marquee rivalry in the ACC.
As expected, James Blackman and Alex Hornibrook took turns quarterbacking the FSU offense, although neither found much success against a Clemson team that came into the game ranked sixth nationally in total defense. The two combined for 150 yards on 17-of-35 passing, but also combined for three interceptions that the Tigers converted into 14 points. Hornibrook’s 64-yard touchdown pass to Tamorrion Terry midway through the third quarter put the Seminoles on the board.
FSU had four turnovers; they had previously gone three consecutive games without giving the ball away, their longest such streak in four years. FSU’s turnover margin of +4 in ACC games is the highest in the conference, and the Seminoles’ overall turnover margin of +3 ranks 2nd in the ACC. In 2018, Florida State posted a -11 turnover margin with a -8 mark in ACC play.
FSU is 16-for-18 on red zone opportunities this season, scoring 13 touchdowns with three field goals, and has scored on 40 of 46 chances (.870) dating back to week two of last season. In that span, the Seminoles are averaging 6.2 points per red zone conversion. Florida State’s defense has allowed 18 touchdowns on 33 red zone trips by the opponents this season, a touchdown percentage of 54.55 that ranks as the 3rd-lowest in the ACC.
Florida State has won seven straight games against Wake Forest and nine of the past 10 matchups against the Demon Deacons. The Seminoles lead the all-time series 30-6-1 (.824), including 9-3 (.750) in Winston-Salem.
- Points per Game: 33.20
- Passing Yards: 308.20
- Rushing Yards: 121.20
- Yards per Play: 5.88
- Points per Game: 29.60
- Passing Yards: 302.20
- Rushing Yards: 144.80
- Yards per Play: 5.40
Why Bet on Wake Forest?
Wake comes off a 62-59 wild loss to Louisville, ending a school-record seven-game winning streak. It featured the most combined points in school history (121), the most first downs (40), the second most total offense yards in a game (668), and the fourth most total plays (102).
Jamie Newman had three touchdown passes, Sam Hartman (in his season debut) had two touchdown passes and a rushing touchdown, and wide receiver Sage Surratt had three touchdown catches to go with 196 yards receiving. Newman finished with 251 yards passing and three touchdown passes while Hartman had two touchdown passes and a rushing touchdown with 172 yards passing.
For the second time in school history, Wake Forest had two players go over 100 yards receiving and a 100-yard rusher. Surratt had his 196 receiving yards and Kendall Hinton added 134 while Christian Beal-Smith had 123 rushing yards. Surratt extended his school record and has now caught a touchdown pass in eight consecutive games dating back to the 2018 season.
The Deacon offense continues at a torrid pace, putting up 668 yards against Louisville. Wake Forest is ranked fourth in the nation in total offense yards per game at 540.5. The Louisville game marked Wake Forest’s eighth straight game of 400 or more total offense yards. Wake Forest leads the ACC this week in total offense (540.5 YPG), scoring offense (39.7 PPG) and passing offense (331.0 YPG).
Wake Forest has scored in each of its last 13 quarters of play, dating back to a scoreless third quarter against North Carolina on Sept. 13. On the year, the Deacons have scored in 23 of 24 quarters.
- Points per Game: 35.80
- Passing Yards: 312.60
- Rushing Yards: 202.40
- Yards per Play: 6.28
- Points per Game: 21.00
- Passing Yards: 245.60
- Rushing Yards: 147.60
- Yards per Play: 5.67
Florida State vs Wake Forest College Football Week 8 Betting Trends
- Under is 5-0 in the last 5 meetings
- Home team is 6-2-1 ATS in their last 9 meetings
- Seminoles are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games on the road
- Seminoles are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games played in October
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Florida State’s last 5 games against an opponent in the Atlantic Coast conference
- Demon Deacons are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games this season
- Demon Deacons are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games played in week 8
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Wake Forest’s last 6 games played in October
Expert Final Score Prediction for Florida State vs Wake Forest
Florida State 33 – Wake Forest 37
More Week 8 College Football Betting News
- Texas A&M vs Ole Miss 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- Florida State vs Wake Forest 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Analysis
- Arizona State vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Game Preview
- Baylor vs Oklahoma State 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Expert Pick
- Duke vs Virginia 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Prediction
- Tulsa vs Cincinnati 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Analysis
- Tennessee vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Game Prediction
- Oregon vs Washington 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Preview
- Temple vs SMU 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- LSU vs Mississippi State 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Prediction
- Kentucky vs Georgia 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- Florida vs South Carolina 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Purdue vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 8 Spread & Game Preview
- Auburn vs Arkansas 2019 College Football Week 8 Betting Lines & Analysis