On a weekend full of good college football matchups, the best one Saturday is a potential SEC title game preview as No. 7 Florida visits No. 5 LSU. Will be tougher, obviously, for the loser to reach the conference championship game. The Tigers are solidly favored at the latest NCAAF Odds.
How to Bet Florida vs LSU College Football Week 7 Odds & Game Info
- When: Saturday, 8 PM ET
- Where: Tiger Stadium
- TV: ESPN
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- College Football Week 7 Odds: LSU -13 (Total 54.5)
The Gators upset No. 5 LSU 27-19 in Gainesville last year. Florida scored all its points after the end of the first quarter. The Tigers played good enough defense to win their third straight in Gainesville, but they mustered little on the other side of the ball after an opening-drive touchdown. LSU marched 75 yards on 10 plays to open the game but never looked the same. QB Joe Burrow was sacked five times.
UF leads the all-time series 33-29-3 and has won two of the past three. The past five Florida vs LSU games all have been decided by eight points or fewer.
- Mostly Clear: 13°C/56°F
- Humidity: 60%
- Precipitation: 0%
- Cloud Cover: 18%
- Wind: 7 mph NNE
- Stadium Type: Open
Why Bet on Florida?
The Gators stayed unbeaten with a 24-13 win over No. 7 and previously unbeaten Auburn last Saturday. Fourth-year junior quarterback Kyle Trask passed for 234 and a pair of first-half touchdowns, but his three fumbles kept the Tigers hanging around. Credit the UF defense for holding its ground by stifling one of the SEC’s most potent offenses. Lamical Perine’s 88-yard touchdown run was the fifth-longest rushing play in school history, and it was the longest since Emmitt Smith’s 96-yard touchdown run against Mississippi State on Sept. 24, 1988.
It had been seven years — October 2012 — since two undefeated and top 10-ranked teams played in the “Swamp.” Florida has won each of the last five matchups between two top-10 teams in The Swamp, and its all-time record in top-10 matchups in The Swamp improves to 13-5.
The Gators have won 10 consecutive games for the first time since the school-record 22-game winning streak that spanned the final 10 games of 2008 and first 12 games of 2009. Florida’s winning streak is the longest active streak in the SEC, and tied Appalachian State for the third-longest active winning streak in the FBS (Ohio State – 11; Clemson – 19.
Florida is off to its first 6-0 start since the 2015 season – after which it traveled to LSU. UF has outscored its opponents 112-17 in the second half this season, including a 64-7 advantage in the fourth quarter (DeeJay Dallas’ 50-yard touchdown run in the Miami game is the only time this season an opponent scored in the fourth quarter). The Gators have outscored their opponents 115-16 over the last 13 quarters of football.
Against the Top Teams
Florida is 4-1 against ranked opponents under Dan Mullen, including a 3-1 record against top-10 teams (and 1-1 against top-5 teams). From 2010-17, Florida went 5-11 against top-10 teams, and it was 9-26 against all ranked opponents. Prior to beating No. 5 LSU last season, Florida had lost nine of its last 11 games against top-five teams, a stretch that dated back to the start of the 2010 season. Six of the nine losses were by 21-plus points.
- Points per Game: 34.00
- Passing Yards: 288.20
- Rushing Yards: 141.80
- Yards per Play: 6.80
- Points per Game: 8.80
- Passing Yards: 191.00
- Rushing Yards: 88.20
- Yards per Play: 4.53
Why Bet on LSU?
LSU warmed up for this with an easy 42-6 win over Utah State last week. Overcoming a pair of turnovers, LSU (5-0) was again led by quarterback Joe Burrow, who completed 27-of-38 passes for 344 yards with five touchdowns. His interception midway through the first quarter came on a tipped pass. Burrow also ran for a 1-yard score early in the second quarter. e Burrow’s five touchdown passes in the game moved him to fourth all-time at LSU with 38 passing touchdowns.
Burrow leads the SEC in total offense (385.2), passing yards per game (372.8) and passing yards (1,864) and he’s second in the league in passing TDs (22) and pass efficiency (216.2 rating). He’s completed 127 of 162 passes for 1,864 yards and 22 touchdowns. WRs Ja’Marr Chase and Justin Jefferson rank Nos.1-2 in the SEC in receiving yards per game with 112.8 and 109.4 respectively. The duo has combined for 53 receptions for 998 yards and 13 touchdowns.
The offense is 31-for-31 in the red zone this season with 26 of those trips resulting in touchdowns. a. LSU was 4-for-4 in the red zone vs. USU with four touchdowns. The Tigers have scored in 30 consecutive quarters dating to the Rice game last season. LSU remains unbeaten at 81-0 when rushing for more than 100 yards and holding the opponent to less than 100 yards.
The Tigers have scored more points (273) through the first five games of the season than any SEC team during the SEC era. LSU has scored 40 or more points in the first five games of a season for the first time in school history.
Saturday’s Top 10 LSU-Florida matchup marks the first time both teams come into the game ranked in the Top 10 since 2015 when the No. 6 Tigers beat the No. 8 Gators, 35-28, in Tiger Stadium on ESPN. The Tigers have won five of their last six games when facing a Top 10 opponent. Last year, LSU set a school record with four Top 10 wins. Earlier this year, LSU beat then-No. 9 Texas, 45-38, in Austin.
- Points per Game: 57.75
- Passing Yards: 431.75
- Rushing Yards: 131.75
- Yards per Play: 7.99
- Points per Game: 23.25
- Passing Yards: 223.50
- Rushing Yards: 96.50
- Yards per Play: 4.71
Florida vs LSU College Football Week 7 Betting Trends
- Home team is 6-2 ATS in their last 8 meetings
- Gators are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games on the road
- Gators are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Southeast conference
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Florida’s last 5 games played in October
- Tigers are 12-1 SU in their last 13 games at home
- Tigers are 11-2 ATS in their last 13 games played in October
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Louisiana State’s last 5 games played in week 7
Expert Final Score Prediction for Florida vs LSU
Florida 23 – LSU 31
More Week 7 College Football Betting News
- Utah vs Oregon State 2019 College Football Week 7 Lines & Betting Pick
- Hawaii vs Boise State 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Game Prediction
- Washington vs Arizona 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Preview
- South Carolina vs Georgia 2019 College Football Week 7 Lines, Game Info & Pick
- Florida State vs Clemson 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Game Preview
- College Football Picks Week Seven (Ep. 737)
- Virginia vs Miami 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Game Preview
- Louisville vs Wake Forest 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Betting Prediction
- Penn State vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Analysis
- USC vs Notre Dame State 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Betting Preview
- Washington State vs Arizona State 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Prediction
- Michigan State vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 7 Lines & Expert Pick
- Florida vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Colorado vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Game Analysis
Even More Florida Archived Betting Articles
- SEC Championship Game No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 7 Florida | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- No. 6 Florida vs. Tennessee | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- Kentucky vs No. 6 Florida Preview | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- Arkansas vs No. 6 Florida Preview | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- Florida at Texas A&M College Football Expert Analysis
- Kyle Trask Heisman Trophy Odds & Analysis For 2020 Season
- Florida vs Virginia 2019 Orange Bowl Odds & Expert Analysis
- Florida State vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Preview
- Florida vs Missouri 2019 College Football Week 12 Odds & Game Info
- Vanderbilt vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 11 Spread & Game Info
- Georgia vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 10 Betting Lines & Preview
- Florida vs South Carolina 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Florida vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Auburn vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 6 Odds, Game Info & Prediction