It’s easy for a team to get fired up after a big one or really down after a tough loss, but either way, those feelings cannot be allowed to carry over into the next game. The team that wins a big one cannot suddenly relax, as that usually means a heavy defeat next time out. Similarly, a team unable to shake off a tough loss will soon find that their losing streak begins to grow at an alarming rate. It’s what makes sport so great, as a team is really only as good as its last performance.
That big win can very soon be forgotten when it is followed by a loss or two right away. That is what the South Carolina Gamecocks are up against this weekend, as they will be looking to carry over the momentum from their stunning win on the road at #3 Georgia last weekend. For the Gators, they need to forget about their devastating loss to LSU last week, as they are still very much in the hunt for an SEC East title.
Let’s take a look at the latest college football odds while making some predictions.
Florida vs South Carolina 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- When: Saturday, October 19 at 12 PM EST
- Where: Williams-Brice Stadium, Columbia
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- College Football Week 8 Odds: Florida -5.5 (Total 48)
- Partly Cloudy: 24°C/76°F
- Humidity: 54%
- Precipitation: 20%
- Cloud Cover: 66%
- Wind: 7 mph ESE
- Stadium Type: Open
Why bet on the Florida Gators?
The Florida Gators had a golden opportunity to move into the top 4 last weekend with a win, but they were unable to keep pace with the LSU Tigers in a 42-28 loss. Not only did that defeat dampen their chances of a playoff spot, it also killed an opportunity for Florida to take control of the SEC after seeing Georgia lose. They now have to go on the road and face a Gamecocks team that is sure to still be riding an emotional high after knocking off the #3 ranked Bulldogs.
The Gators have beaten South Carolina in 14 of their last 20 meetings, but it’s been a little less one-sided in recent years, with these two splitting the last 10. The OVER has hit in 6 of Florida’s last 7 road games, but the UNDER has prevailed in 4 of their last 5 visits to South Carolina.
- Points per Game: 32.33
- Passing Yards: 284.50
- Rushing Yards: 140.17
- Yards per Play: 6.57
- Points per Game: 9.50
- Passing Yards: 183.33
- Rushing Yards: 94.17
- Yards per Play: 4.51
Why bet on the South Carolina Gamecocks?
The big question coming into this week is whether the Gamecocks will be able to deliver an encore performance after downing Georgia on the road in double OT in Week 7. While that one was a stunning result, it perhaps not altogether surprising when you learn that the Gamecocks are now a very solid 8-1 SU in their last 9 games played in the month of October.
This is also a team that has proven to be tough to beat in their own building, going 5-1 SU in their last 6 home games. The Gamecocks are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games at home and are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games versus SEC opponents. They should, by no means, be totally counted out of this one.
- Points per Game: 30.60
- Passing Yards: 228.60
- Rushing Yards: 203.80
- Yards per Play: 6.11
- Points per Game: 24.40
- Passing Yards: 251.80
- Rushing Yards: 139.00
- Yards per Play: 5.44
Florida vs South Carolina College Football Week 8 Betting Trends
- Gators are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Southeast conference
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Florida’s last 7 games on the road
- Gamecocks are 8-1 SU in their last 9 games played in October
- Gamecocks are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games played in week 8
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of South Carolina’s last 5 games when playing at home against Florida
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Florida vs South Carolina
Before you wager here, be sure to check in on the status of Gamecocks QB Ryan Hilinski, who was knocked out of last week’s game with a knee injury. Whether he plays or not, I still like Florida to win and cover the spread on Saturday.
Score: Florida Gators 48 – South Carolina Gamecocks 21
More Week 8 College Football Betting News
- Texas A&M vs Ole Miss 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- Florida State vs Wake Forest 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Analysis
- Arizona State vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Game Preview
- Baylor vs Oklahoma State 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Expert Pick
- Duke vs Virginia 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Prediction
- Tulsa vs Cincinnati 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Analysis
- Tennessee vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Game Prediction
- Oregon vs Washington 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Preview
- Temple vs SMU 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- LSU vs Mississippi State 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Prediction
- Kentucky vs Georgia 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- Florida vs South Carolina 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Purdue vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 8 Spread & Game Preview
- Auburn vs Arkansas 2019 College Football Week 8 Betting Lines & Analysis