Jake Fromm and the fourth-ranked Georgia Bulldogs will attempt to become the first team to beat Joe Burrow and the top-ranked LSU Tigers when the two rivals square off in the 2019 SEC Championship on Saturday. A win here would ensure Georgia a berth in the four-team College Football Playoff, but a loss could bounce the Dawgs out of the national championship picture altogether. Now, with both of these Top 4 teams going all out for the statement-making victory, let’s find out which one is offering the best value against their college football odds.
Georgia vs LSU 2019 SEC Championship Lines & Betting Prediction
- When: Saturday, December 7, 2019 at 4:00 PM ET
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: CBS
- Radio: Georgia / LSU
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com
- SEC Championship Odds: LSU -7 / Total: OFF
- Mostly Sunny: 16°C/60°F
- Humidity: 62%
- Precipitation: 10%
- Wind: 9 mph E
- Cloud Cover: 31%
- Type of Stadium: Retractable
Why Bet On Georgia?
The Bulldogs might be touchdown underdogs, but there are a bunch of good reasons to believe Georgia can cover the chalk in the 2019 SEC championship. The best reason may be because Georgia has an elite defense that ranks a stupendous second in points allowed nationally (10.4 ppg). Then, there’s also the fact that the Bulldogs have some nice momentum going as they ride a six-game winning streak into this contest that includes an emphatic 52-7 smackdown of Georgia tech last weekend.
The Bulldogs have an elite quarterback in Jake From and a now, perennially-powerful program that reached the CFP two years ago and is used to playing in big games. Last, but not least, with this game going down at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia, it’s as close to a home contest as the Bulldogs can get without actually playing at home.
- Average Score For: 32.92
- Total Yards: 420.75
- Pass Yards: 220.58
- Rush Yards: 200.17
- Average Score Against: 10.42
- Total Yards: 257.08
- Pass Yards: 186.00
- Rush Yards: 71.08
Why Bet On LSU?
LSU might be giving up a touchdown in this contest, but there are a bunch of good reasons to believe the Tigers will cover the chalk in this affair. First, LSU has answered the bell every time this season. More importantly, they’ve recorded a trio of wins over elite and once, championship-hopeful teams by taking out current No. 7 Florida, No. 9 Alabama and No. 11 Auburn.
LSU also has the far more potent offense in averaging a stellar 48.7 points per game to rank second nationally in scoring. LSU also has an elite quarterback in Joe Burrow and one that could very well go first overall in next year’s NFL Draft. Last but not least, the Tigers can lean on the fact that they took out Georgia 36-16 last season when their offense wasn’t nearly as good as it is now.
- Average Score For: 48.67
- Total Yards: 560.42
- Pass Yards: 390.00
- Rush Yards: 170.42
- Average Score Against: 22.08
- Total Yards: 345.92
- Pass Yards: 221.42
- Rush Yards: 124.50
2019 SEC Championship Betting Trends for Georgia vs LSU
- Georgia is 4-1 ATS in the last 5 games
- Georgia is 6-0 SU in the last 6 games
- The total went UNDER in 6 of Georgia’s last 7 games
- LSU is 10-3-1 ATS in the last 14 games played in December
- LSU is 12-0 SU in the last 12 games this season
- The total went OVER in 11 of LSU’s last 15 games
Georgia vs LSU Expert Analysis and Prediction
I like Jake Fromm and the way that Kirby Smart has built up the program at Georgia, but I just don’t believe the Bulldogs have the offensive firepower necessary to keep pace with the downright explosive Tigers. I know Georgia has gone 8-1 ATS in their last 9 neutral site games and 9-3 ATS in their last 12 conference games, but LSU has gone 4-1 ATS in their last 5 neutral site games and 6-2 ATS in their last eight games against a team with a winning record. Georgia is 0-3-1 ATS in the last 4 meetings in this SEC rivalry and I just don;t see them taking out Joe Burrow and the unbeaten Tigers in this one!
Pick: LSU 35 Georgia 24
More College Football Week 15 Betting News
- Southern vs Alcorn State 2019 SWAC Championship Odds & Prediction
- UAB vs Florida Atlantic 2019 Conference USA Championship Spread & Betting Preview
- Louisiana-Lafayette vs Appalachian State 2019 Sun Belt Championship Lines & Game Analysis
- Cincinnati vs Memphis 2019 AAC Championship Odds & Game Preview
- 2019 College Football Week 15 Over/Under Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 15 ATS Betting Picks
- Ohio State vs Wisconsin 2019 Big Ten Championship Odds & Game Analysis
- 2019 College Football Week 15 SU Betting Picks
- Miami (OH) vs Central Michigan 2019 MAC Championship Spread & Expert Pick
- Georgia vs LSU 2019 SEC Championship Lines & Betting Prediction
- Hawaii vs Boise State 2019 MWC Championship Odds & Game Preview
- Baylor vs Oklahoma 2019 Big 12 Championship Game Betting Lines & Analysis
- Utah vs Oregon 2019 PAC-12 Championship Game Odds & Expert Pick
- 2019 College Football Week 15 Parlay Picks