While 20th-ranked Boise State isn’t being mentioned as a legitimate candidate to reach the College Football Playoff, with one loss entering their final regular season contest, the Broncos have some hopes of earning a berth in a New Year’s Day bowl game. Unranked Hawaii has had a solid season and the Rainbow Warriors will look to complete it by pulling off the huge upset in the 2019 Mountain West Conference championship. Now, with both teams going all-out for the win, let’s find out which one is offering the best value against their college football odds.
Hawaii vs Boise State 2019 MWC Championship Odds & Game Preview
- When: Saturday, December 7, 2019 at 4:00 PM ET
- Where: Albertsons Stadium, Boise, Idaho
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: Hawaii / Boise State
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- MWC Championship Odds: Boise State -13.5 / Total: 64
- Showers: 8°C/47°F
- Humidity: 78%
- Precipitation: 60%
- Wind: 11 mph SE
- Cloud Cover: 81%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why Bet On Hawaii?
The Rainbow warriors might be nearly two-touchdown underdogs, but there are still a few good reasons to believe Hawaii can at least cover the chalk in the 2019 Mountain West Conference championship. First, the Rainbow warriors have to feel good as they ride a four-game winning streak into this contest that includes a convincing 52-31 smackdown of Army last weekend.
Hawaii has also covered the spread in three straight and they have an offense that is potent by putting up 35.4 points per game to rank 19th nationally in scoring. Last, but not least, Boise State has struggled to cover the chalk by going 2-4 ATS over their last six.
- Average Score For: 35.38
- Total Yards: 480.77
- Pass Yards: 332.46
- Rush Yards: 148.31
- Average Score Against: 31.77
- Total Yards: 430.84
- Pass Yards: 225.69
- Rush Yards: 205.15
Why Bet On Boise State?
The Broncos might be giving up almost two touchdowns, but there are some great reasons to believe the Broncos can cover the chalk in the Mountain West championship. First and foremost, this game is a home contest for Boise State that will take place at the Broncos’ Albertsons Stadium where they’ve gone 6-0 SU this season. Then, there’s the fact that the Broncos have won five straight, even though they struggled in their 31-24 win over mediocre Colorado State last weekend.
Boise State gives up 10.3 fewer points per game than Hawaii while also averaging almost two points per game more than the Rainbow Warriors. Last, but not least, Boise State smacked Hawaii around en route to an impressive 59-37 Week 7 home win.
- Average Score For: 37.33
- Total Yards: 448
- Pass Yards: 271.33
- Rush Yards: 176.67
- Average Score Against: 21.50
- Total Yards: 348.91
- Pass Yards: 233.83
- Rush Yards: 115.08
2019 MWC Championship Betting Trends for Hawaii vs Boise State
- Hawaii is 4-2 ATS in the last 6 games
- Hawaii is 5-1 SU in the last 6 games
- The total went OVER in 6 of Hawaii’s last 8 games
- Boise State is 2-4 ATS in the last 6 games
- Boise State is 5-0 SU in the last 5 games
- The total went OVER in 4 of Boise State’s last 6 games against Hawaii
Hawaii vs Boise State Expert Analysis and Prediction
While I don’t see any way Hawaii pulls off the upset in this contest, I am going to urge you to go along with the approximately 48 percent of public bettors that like the Rainbow Warriors to cover the spread as decisive 13.5-point underdogs. I know Hawaii has gone an uninspiring 5-11-1 ATS in their last 17 road games, but Boise State has gone 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games in the month of December and last week’s lackluster performance by the Broncos just doesn’t sit well with me and looks a bit foreboding if you ask me.
While the favorite in this conference rivalry has gone 6-0 ATS over the last half-dozen meetings, Hawaii has limited two of their last three opponents to 11 points or less and that leads me to believe that this matchup to turn out to be a lot more competitive than anyone expects. Boise State wins, but Hawaii comes up with a great effort to cover the chalk.
Pick: Boise State 35 Hawaii 28
More College Football Week 15 Betting News
- Southern vs Alcorn State 2019 SWAC Championship Odds & Prediction
- UAB vs Florida Atlantic 2019 Conference USA Championship Spread & Betting Preview
- Louisiana-Lafayette vs Appalachian State 2019 Sun Belt Championship Lines & Game Analysis
- Cincinnati vs Memphis 2019 AAC Championship Odds & Game Preview
- 2019 College Football Week 15 Over/Under Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 15 ATS Betting Picks
- Ohio State vs Wisconsin 2019 Big Ten Championship Odds & Game Analysis
- 2019 College Football Week 15 SU Betting Picks
- Miami (OH) vs Central Michigan 2019 MAC Championship Spread & Expert Pick
- Georgia vs LSU 2019 SEC Championship Lines & Betting Prediction
- Hawaii vs Boise State 2019 MWC Championship Odds & Game Preview
- Baylor vs Oklahoma 2019 Big 12 Championship Game Betting Lines & Analysis
- Utah vs Oregon 2019 PAC-12 Championship Game Odds & Expert Pick
- 2019 College Football Week 15 Parlay Picks