The ninth-ranked Indiana Hoosiers will look to pull off the huge upset when they hit the road to take on the third-ranked Ohio State Buckeyes in what is now a highly-intriguing Week 12 clash of longtime Big Ten conference rivals. If you’re a college football betting enthusiast that wants to know if Indiana could either win outright or cover the spread as a nearly three-touchdown road dog or whether the perennially-powerful Buckeyes are the pick to take care of business at home, then let’s find out where the best betting value lies in this affair, along with their NCAAF odds.
College Basketball Odds & Picks – No. 9 Indiana at No. 3 Ohio State
- When: Saturday, Nov. 21, 2020 at 1:00 PM ET
- Where: Ohio Stadium
Why Bet On Indiana
The best reason to bet on Indiana is because they’ve answered the bell in every game this season while looking increasingly better each and every week. The Hoosiers shut out Michigan State 24-0 last weekend to cover the chalk as a 7.5-point road favorite to improve to a perfect 4-0 ATS on the season.
An even better reasons to back Indiana is because they have an elite quarterback that plays smart in the clearly underrated Michael Penix Jr. The junior signal-caller has passed for 1,070 yards with nine touchdowns and four interceptions while adding a pair of rushing scores for good measure.
“We are not focused on the hype or the rankings. We are just trying to control what we can control,” Indiana quarterback Michael Penix Jr. said. “We need to go out and play Indiana football, tough, physical football, and that is what we are going to do each and every week.”
Indiana also has a legitimate star in senior wide receiver Ty Fryfogle who has 24 catches for 424 yards and four touchdowns. Last, but not least, the Hoosiers have the best defense in this affair in ranking 18th nationally overall and 17th in points allowed (19.3 ppg).
- Hoosiers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Hoosiers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a bye week.
- Hoosiers are 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games following a straight up win.
- Hoosiers are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games as a road underdog.
- Hoosiers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 conference games.
Why Bet On Ohio State
The best reason to back the Buckeyes is because they have far more overall talent than Indiana on both sides of the ball. As good as Penix Jr. has been for the Hoosiers, Ohio State still has the better quarterback in this matchup in Justin Fields, who has thrown for 908 yards with 11 TD passes and no interceptions in three games while completing an insane 86.8 percent of his passes. The Buckeyes are also playing at home in this matchup where they’ve gone a near-perfect 25-1 SU over their last 26 games.
- Buckeyes are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games as a home favorite.
- Buckeyes are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games as a favorite.
- Buckeyes are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 conference games.
- Buckeyes are 13-5 ATS in their last 18 games following a straight up win.
- Buckeyes are 14-6 ATS in their last 20 games overall
- Buckeyes are 9-4 ATS in their last 13 home games.
Expert Analysis and Prediction
Ohio State has gone 10-3 ATS in their last 13 games against a team with a winning record and 11-4 ATS in their last 15 conference games. Indiana, however, has gone a perfect 7-0 ATS in their last seven games following an SU win, 6-1 ATS in their last seven games as an underdog and 5-1 ATS in their last six road games. With the road team going 4-0 ATS in the last four meetings and the Hoosiers going 5-0 ATS in their last five road dates against the Buckeyes, I like Indiana to cover the spread as a nearly three-touchdown underdog! While I’m not prepared to pick Indiana for the outright win, again, Michael Penix Jr. and company look like they should be able to easily cover the ATS betting odds in this Week 12 battle of unbeatens!
Pick: Indiana +20.5 Points
College Football Betting News
- NCAAF Rumors & News: Ohio State, Notre Dame, Texas and Florida State Looking For Their New QB
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NCAAF Update: Alabama, Clemson & Oklahoma
- 2021 College Football Championship Odds Update Mar. 3
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NCAAF Update – Jan. 11th Edition
- No. 4 Ohio State vs. No. 1 Alabama | 2021 NCAAF Expert Analysis