The college football season is strange in that two losses is usually enough to take a team out of the running for everything but a bowl game. Then again, it depends how those losses came about. If they were in non-conference games, that 2-loss team can still find their way to a Conference Championship Game, even though the playoffs will still be totally out of the question. Things start to get a little more predictable when those losses come in conference games, as that generally means that nothing other than a bowl game is in the cards for that team.
The Texas Longhorns are caught somewhere in the middle, as their two losses have been split between conference and non-conference games. They are still alive in the Big 12 for now, but they really cannot afford a loss the rest of the way. This weekend, they will host the Kansas Jayhawks and start that game as a rather lofty 21-point favorite. That’s a big number to cover, as is the 62-point total that is currently showing o the board.
Kansas vs Texas 2019 College Football Week 8 Spread & Prediction
- When: Saturday, October 19 at 7 PM EST
- Where: Royal Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin
- TV: Longhorns Network
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- College Football Week 8 Spread: Texas -21 (Total 62)
- Sunny: 32°C/89°F
- Humidity: 33%
- Precipitation: 2%
- Cloud Cover: 13%
- Wind: 3 mph NW
- Stadium Type: Open
Why bet on the Kansas Jayhawks?
The Kansas Jayhawks come into this Big 12 game on a bit of a slide, losing each of their last 3 games to fall to 2-4 on the season and 0-3 in conference play. It is the nature of those defeats that is probably the most alarming to the Jayhawks, as they surrendered a total of 125 points in those 3 games. When you consider that they are averaging 22.8 PPG on the offensive side of the football, you don’t need to be a math wizard to see how giving up that many points might be a problem.
Kansas has failed to win in each of their last 8 visits to Texas, although the are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games versus the Longhorns overall. They have not been quite as productive against the spread so far this season, though, going 2-4 ATS through their opening 6 games.
- Points per Game: 22.83
- Passing Yards: 195.83
- Rushing Yards: 158.67
- Yards per Play: 6.01
- Points per Game: 29.67
- Passing Yards: 223.67
- Rushing Yards: 220.83
- Yards per Play: 5.79
Why bet on the Texas Longhorns?
The Texas Longhorns chances of winning the Big 12 Conference took a bit of a hit last week in a 34-27 loss to the Oklahoma Sooners in the Red River Showdown. That loss dropped the Longhorns to 4-2 on the season, but perhaps more importantly, it dropped them to 2-1 in conference play, which means they are now trailing Baylor and Oklahoma, both of whom are a perfect 3-0 in the conference.
This is a game that Texas really should win, especially at home, where they have won 8 in a row versus the Jayhawks, and where they have won 7 of their last 9 overall. Texas is 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games and have covered in 8 of their last 10 games played in the month of October.
- Points per Game: 41.80
- Passing Yards: 308.00
- Rushing Yards: 175.60
- Yards per Play: 6.35
- Points per Game: 26.60
- Passing Yards: 325.00
- Rushing Yards: 116.80
- Yards per Play: 6.14
Kansas vs Texas College Football Week 8 Betting Trends
- Jayhawks are 2-18 SU in their last 20 games on the road
- Jayhawks are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played in October
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Kansas’ last 9 games played in week 8
- Longhorns are 7-2 SU in their last 9 games at home
- Longhorns are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games played in October
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Texas’ last 6 games played on a Saturday
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Kansas vs Texas
While I certainly don’t believe that Texas will have any difficulty winning this one, I am not so sure on the point spread. If I were going to take a chance, I would bet on them to cover by the slimmest margin possible. The bet that I really like here is the UNDER.
Score: Kansas Jayhawks 17 – Texas Longhorns 39
More Week 8 College Football Betting News
- Texas A&M vs Ole Miss 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- Florida State vs Wake Forest 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Analysis
- Arizona State vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Game Preview
- Baylor vs Oklahoma State 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Expert Pick
- Duke vs Virginia 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Prediction
- Tulsa vs Cincinnati 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Analysis
- Tennessee vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Game Prediction
- Oregon vs Washington 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Preview
- Temple vs SMU 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- LSU vs Mississippi State 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Prediction
- Kentucky vs Georgia 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- Florida vs South Carolina 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Purdue vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 8 Spread & Game Preview
- Auburn vs Arkansas 2019 College Football Week 8 Betting Lines & Analysis