No. 8 Wisconsin hasn’t been challenged yet this season and that’s not likely to change on Saturday when the Badgers welcome Mid-American Conference school Kent State. The only likely drama for Kent State vs Wisconsin will be if Kent State scores a point. The Badgers are more than five-TD favorites on the NCAA football odds.
How to Bet Kent State vs Wisconsin NCAA Football Odds & TV Info
- When: Saturday, noon ET
- Where: Camp Randall Stadium
- TV: ESPNU
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- College Football Week 6 Spread: Wisconsin -36.5 (Total 57.5)
- Rain: 14°C/58°F
- Humidity: 85%
- Precipitation: 70%
- Cloud Cover: 98%
- Wind: 14 mph SSE
- Stadium Type: Open
Why Bet on Kent State?
Kent State vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 6 Spread & Game PreviewThe Golden Flashes are coached by former Wisconsin player Sean Lewis, who is the youngest head coach in the Football Bowl Subdivision at 33. The call came shortly after the end of the 2017 regular season. Kent State AD Joel Nielsen had fired head coach Paul Haynes, who had compiled a 14-45 record in five seasons. Lewis, who played quarterback and tight end at Wisconsin from 2004-07, had just finished his second season as the co-offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach at Syracuse under head coach under Dino Babers.
KSU was off last week and is off a 62-20 win over Bowling Green. The Flashes offense posted a school-record 750 total yards and 8.9 yards per play. It was the largest win over Bowling Green since a 45-0 victory in 1935. Dustin Crum threw for a career-high 310 yards and three scores. Crum has not thrown an interception this year and has gone 124 attempts without a pick, dating back to last year. That streak is the fifth-longest in the FBS.
Kent State became just the ninth team since 2000 to rush for at least 375 yards and throw for 375 yards. Against the Falcons, the Golden Flashes hit that mark right on the number, splitting their 750 yards of offense right down the middle. Since the beginning of the 2013 season, Kent State is 12-2 when scoring 27 or more points in regulation. Kent State is 6-54 when falling short of 27 during that time.
This will be the first ever meeting between Wisconsin and Kent State.
- Points per Game: 27.75
- Passing Yards: 219.00
- Rushing Yards: 183.00
- Yards per Play: 5.85
- Points per Game: 32.00
- Passing Yards: 210.25
- Rushing Yards: 261.00
- Yards per Play: 6.08
Why Bet on Wisconsin?
The Badgers have enjoyed one of the most impressive starts to the season in college football, shutting out the first two opponents and going 10 quarters without allowing a point. Dating back to the win over Miami (FL) in the 2019 Pinstripe Bowl, Wisconsin went 14 quarters without allowing a touchdown.
UW beat Northwestern 24-15 last week. Jonathan Taylor ran for 119 yards and his 11th touchdown of the season, and Wisconsin got two scores from its defense. Taylor carried 26 times to help Wisconsin (4-0, 2-0 Big Ten) avenge its 31-17 loss to the Wildcats last season.
The junior reached 100 yards rushing for the 26th time in 31 career games and moved into fourth place on the Badgers’ career rushing list (4,730). Taylor’s 26h career 100-yard games have tied Montee Ball for the 2nd-most 100-yard games by a Badger. Only Ron Dayne (33) has more. Taylor has opened the season with 4 consecutive 100-yard rushing performances — and has 9 straight dating to last season. He ranks second nationally in rushing, at 139.8 yards per game, and has scored an FBS-best 11 total touchdowns.
The Wisconsin defense tallied a season-high 5 sacks on the day, the team’s highest total since recording 5 in a 24-10 win over Illinois in 2017. The Badgers also posted 13 tackles for loss. The Badgers boast the nation’s No. 1 defense, leading the country in scoring defense (7.3 points per game) and total defense (192.3 yards per game).
Paul Chryst Numbers
Paul Chryst improved to 46-12 (.793) in his fifth season as UW’s head coach, including a 29-8 (.784) mark in Big Ten Conference games. Chryst tied Dave McClain (1978-85) for 5th on the Badgers’ all-time coaching wins list. Chryst played at UW under McClain from 1984 until McClain’s passing in April 1986.
Wisconsin seeks a 5-0 start for the 2nd time in the last 3 seasons. UW has won 48 of its last 49 non-conference games at Camp Randall, dating to 2001.
- Points per Game: 48.33
- Passing Yards: 242.33
- Rushing Yards: 264.00
- Yards per Play: 6.78
- Points per Game: 4.67
- Passing Yards: 144.33
- Rushing Yards: 27.00
- Yards per Play: 3.17
Kent State vs Wisconsin College Football Week 6 Betting Trends
- Under is 7-3 in Badgers last 10 games overall
- Golden Flashes are 0-16 SU in their last 16 games against an opponent in the Big 10 conference
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Kent State’s last 5 games played in October
- Badgers are 18-2 SU in their last 20 games at home
- Badgers are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games played in week 6
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Wisconsin’s last 10 games
Expert Final Score Prediction for Kent State vs Wisconsin
Kent State 7 – Wisconsin 42
More Week 6 College Football Betting News
- Bowling Green vs Notre Dame 2019 College Football Week 6 Spread & Prediction
- Georgia vs Tennessee 2019 College Football Spread, Analysis & Betting Pick
- Texas vs West Virginia 2019 College Football Week 6 Lines & Game Prediction
- Auburn vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 6 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Baylor vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 6 Odds & Game Preview
- 2019 College Football Week 6 Parlay Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 6 Odds, Overview & Picks
- Purdue vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 6 Lines & Expert Pick
- Iowa vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 6 Odds & Analysis
- College Football Picks Week Six (Ep. 734)
- Kent State vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 6 Spread & Game Preview
- Oklahoma vs Kansas 2019 College Football Week 6 Lines & Expert Pick
- Utah State vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 6 Odds & Prediction
- 2019 College Football Week 6 Over/Under Betting Picks