One of the things that makes college football the toughest sport to bet on is that we see upsets occur at a rather alarming rate. If you follow the top 25 rankings every week, you will see a ton of moves being made in both directions. Dark horse teams rise after going on a winning streak, while the top teams plummet when they take a totally unexpected loss. The reality is that the ranking drops tend to be a little more precipitous when a top 4 team loses to an opponent that they really should have no issue with.
Such is the case with the Georgia Bulldogs, who went from the #3 spot all the way down to #10 after a loss at home to the South Carolina Gamecocks. Georgia do not have time to sit home and feel sorry for themselves, though, as they are back in action this coming Saturday night, with their SEC East rivals, the Kentucky Wildcats, coming to town. This is a game where the Bulldogs need to respond in a big way. They are in as a 25-point favorite, with the point total set at 48.
Kentucky vs Georgia 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- When: Saturday, October 19 at 6 PM EST
- Where: Sanford Stadium, Athens
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- College Football Week 8 Odds: Georgia -25 (Total 47)
- PM Showers: 21°C/70°F
- Humidity: 67%
- Precipitation: 50%
- Cloud Cover: 63%
- Wind: 7 mph E
- Stadium Type: Open
Why bet on the Kentucky Wildcats?
While you might expect the Kentucky Wildcats to come in as a lamb to the slaughter, they are probably looking at the tape from the Georgia loss last week to get the blueprint for victory. After all, the last time the Wildcats played a ranked opponent this season, they gave the Florida Gators all they could handle in a game that Kentucky ended up losing 29-21.
The reality, though, is that this team has proven to be a bit of a pushover in conference play, already dropping 3 games and winning just 1 against SEC foes. Furthermore, they are just 1-9 SU in theirs last 10 versus the Bulldogs, which includes a run of 9 straight losses. They have also failed to cover the spread in their last 6 meetings with Georgia.
- Points per Game: 23.40
- Passing Yards: 212.80
- Rushing Yards: 164.80
- Yards per Play: 5.43
- Points per Game: 24.40
- Passing Yards: 224.60
- Rushing Yards: 171.20
- Yards per Play: 5.98
Why bet on the Georgia Bulldogs?
If there is a silver lining to the Bulldogs loss last week, it’s that they are still in control of their own destiny, at least as it pertains to the SEC East. If they win out, they will be in Atlanta for the SEC Championship Game. They would need to then win that one to likely have any shot at making a playoff appearance.
For now, though, it all begins with bouncing back and getting a win over Kentucky, a team that they have dominated in recent years. The loss last week broke a run of 16 straight home wins for the Bulldogs, so this is still a team that is tough to take down in their own building. They are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games versus SEC opponents.
- Points per Game: 42.80
- Passing Yards: 262.20
- Rushing Yards: 250.40
- Yards per Play: 7.93
- Points per Game: 10.80
- Passing Yards: 219.00
- Rushing Yards: 59.60
- Yards per Play: 4.45
Kentucky vs Georgia College Football Week 8 Betting Trends
- Wildcats are 8-2 SU in their last 10 games played in October
- Wildcats are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games against Georgia
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Kentucky’s last 7 games on the road
- Bulldogs are 16-1 SU in their last 17 games at home
- Bulldogs are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games played in week 8
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Georgia’s last 8 games played in October
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Kentucky vs Georgia
Last week was one of those days when nothing went right for the Georgia Bulldogs. This team is too god for them to have two of those types of games in a row. I think they bounce back in a big way, winning and covering the spread.
Score: Kentucky Wildcats 10 – Georgia Bulldogs 48
More Week 8 College Football Betting News
- Texas A&M vs Ole Miss 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- Florida State vs Wake Forest 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Analysis
- Arizona State vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Game Preview
- Baylor vs Oklahoma State 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Expert Pick
- Duke vs Virginia 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Prediction
- Tulsa vs Cincinnati 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Analysis
- Tennessee vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Game Prediction
- Oregon vs Washington 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Preview
- Temple vs SMU 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- LSU vs Mississippi State 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Prediction
- Kentucky vs Georgia 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- Florida vs South Carolina 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Purdue vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 8 Spread & Game Preview
- Auburn vs Arkansas 2019 College Football Week 8 Betting Lines & Analysis