We are at the stage of the college football season where the conference battles are really beginning to heat up. We are all focused on the playoff committee rankings, as we should be, but there are teams who are not going to be part of the top 4 who are still fighting it out to get into a conference championship game. While winning a conference pales in significance when compared to winning a National Championship, it is very often the first step towards that bigger goal. The Big Ten Conference already looks as though it is going to come down to 2 or 3 teams, with neither the Michigan State Spartans or the Michigan Wolverines involved in the conversation.
These two will hook up on Saturday afternoon, and while there is little left to play for in terms of the conference, it’s still always fun to watch a rivalry game, as you tend to see the unexpected. The unexpected here might well be Michigan State coming away with the win, as they are in as a 14-point underdog this weekend. The point total for this one has been set at 44.
Michigan State vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 12 Lines & Analysis
- When: Saturday, November 16 at 12 PM EST
- Where: Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor
- TV: FOX
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: Fox Sports Go
- College Football Week 12 Lines: Michigan -14 (Total 44)
Why bet on the Michigan State Spartans?
The Michigan State Spartans come into this weekend with a 4-5 record and are in real danger of not becoming bowl eligible this season. They have gone off the rails in a big way over the last 4 games, losing all 4, although to be fair, 3 of those games came against teams ranked in the top 10. The and news for Michigan State is that they are in the strongest division in the Big Ten, which means needing to go through a gauntlet once conference play begins.
On the positive side, they are 7-3 SU in their last 10 meetings with Michigan, but it has been a bit od a drop off for the Spartans this season, making that record almost irrelevant. The Spartans are just 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games overall.
- Points per Game: 23.11
- Passing Yards: 235.00
- Rushing Yards: 130.89
- Yards per Play: 5.17
- Points per Game: 23.56
- Passing Yards: 214.89
- Rushing Yards: 108.11
- Yards per Play: 4.83
Why bet on the Michigan Wolverines?
While many teams would be delighted to be sitting at 7-2 at this stage of the season, that record is one that is considered to be disappointing by the Wolverines faithful. The expectation is that this team should be competing for the National Championship every year, but losses to ranked opponents, not to mention conference rivals, has Michigan sitting it out again this season.
That aside, the Wolverines have been a good bet of late in a couple of different ways, going 5-1 SU and ATS in their last 6 games. The point total might be a little tougher to figure out. While these two have seen 7 of their last 10 meetings go UNDER, Michigan has seen the OVER hit in 8 of their last 11 games.
- Points per Game: 31.78
- Passing Yards: 219.22
- Rushing Yards: 170.67
- Yards per Play: 5.59
- Points per Game: 17.11
- Passing Yards: 153.56
- Rushing Yards: 112.67
- Yards per Play: 4.08
Michigan State vs Michigan College Football Week 12 Betting Trends
- Spartans are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games played on a Saturday
- Spartans are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games this season
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Michigan State’s last 5 games played in week 12
- Wolverines are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games played in November
- Wolverines are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Big 10 conference
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Michigan’s last 11 games
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Michigan State vs Michigan
While the Spartans have beaten the Wolverines as the underdog in 3 of their last 4 meetings, I think they are going to come up short this weekend, although they might just do enough to cover the spread.
Score: Michigan State Spartans 21 – Michigan Wolverines 33
More Week 12 College Football Betting News
- New Mexico vs Boise State 2019 College Football Week 12 Odds & Prediction
- Arizona vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 12 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Oklahoma vs Baylor 2019 College Football Week 12 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Georgia vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 12 Lines & Game Preview
- West Virginia vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 12 Odds & Pick
- Wake Forest vs Clemson 2019 College Football Week 12 Spread & Betting Prediction
- Memphis vs Houston 2019 College Football Week 12 Odds, Preview & Pick
- LSU vs Ole Miss 2019 College Football Week 12 Spread & Betting Prediction
- Ohio State vs Rutgers 2019 College Football Week 12 Spread & Expert Prediction
- Michigan State vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 12 Lines & Analysis
- Cincinnati vs USF 2019 College Football Week 12 Spread & Game Info
- Wisconsin vs Nebraska 2019 College Football Week 12 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Minnesota vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 12 Odds, Preview & Pick
- 2019 College Football Week 12 Over/Under Betting Picks