You begin to understand the level of pressure on certain teams when you see the public reaction to a loss or an overall season record. A perfect example can be seen in Alabama, where losing a game and potentially missing out on the playoffs is seen as a disappointing season. The same is true of Clemson, who are unbeaten yet still being seen as a bit of a disappointment this season. It’s a ridiculous amount of pressure to place on players and coaches, but it’s not a situation that is about to change anytime soon. Another great example can be found with the two teams involved in this game.
If the Michigan Wolverines win out, they will have 10 wins on the season, yet still be viewed as a bust because they once again failed to make the playoffs. If Indiana wins out, they will have a 9-win season that will almost certainly be cause for celebration. It’s all about perspective in the college game. Michigan will hit the road as a 9 ½ point favorite as they try to take another step toward double-digit wins on the season. The point total for this one is set at 54.
Michigan vs Indiana 2019 College Football Week 13 Lines & Game Preview
- When: Saturday, November 23 at 3:30 PM EST
- Where: Memorial Stadium, Bloomington
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- College Football Week 13 Lines: Michigan -9.5 (Total 54)
Why bet on the Michigan Wolverines?It has been a strange kind of rollercoaster season for the Wolverines, but one that will ultimately end in disappointment, regardless of how the final two weeks play out. This is a team that dodged some bullets in the early going before finally getting hit hard by Wisconsin. In fairness, the Wolverines rebounded well from that pounding and have won 6 of the 7 games since that defeat, with the lone loss in that run coming against a very good Penn State team.
This is a game you would certainly expect them to win, though, just as they have in their last 10 meetings with Indiana, outscoring them by an average of 14 PPG during that stretch. That domination has extended to the road, with Michigan winning in each of their last 8 visits to Indiana.
- Points per Game: 33.00
- Passing Yards: 235.70
- Rushing Yards: 161.90
- Yards per Play: 5.72
- Points per Game: 16.40
- Passing Yards: 154.80
- Rushing Yards: 106.80
- Yards per Play: 4.04
Why bet on the Indiana Hoosiers?As we mentioned earlier, this has been a good season for the Hoosiers, who are currently sitting at 7-3. As good as the season has been, they still appear to be in a little over their heads in this one. That said, the same was said of them last week when going against #9 ranked Penn State, where the Hoosiers very much held their own in a 34-27 loss in a game that they started as a 15-point underdog.
If you are looking for a way to wager on the Hoosiers, then going with an against the spread pick might be the perfect opportunity. They have covered in 4 of their last 5 games overall and are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games versus conference opponents.
- Points per Game: 33.30
- Passing Yards: 314.30
- Rushing Yards: 133.70
- Yards per Play: 6.23
- Points per Game: 21.40
- Passing Yards: 176.60
- Rushing Yards: 140.50
- Yards per Play: 4.96
Michigan vs Indiana College Football Week 13 Betting Trends
- Wolverines are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games played in November
- Wolverines are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Big 10 conference
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Michigan’s last 5 games on the road
- Hoosiers are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games played in November
- Hoosiers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games this season
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Indiana’s last 5 games at home
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Michigan vs IndianaI think we are looking at a game that could potentially turn into a bit of a shootout, which is why I am leaning towards the OVER. I think that Indiana might just be able to keep things close and cover the spread.
Score: Michigan Wolverines 35 – Indiana Hoosiers 27
More Week 13 College Football Betting News
- Oklahoma State vs West Virginia 2019 College Football Week 13 Lines & Expert Pick
- Memphis vs USF 2019 College Football Week 13 Betting Lines & Preview
- Temple vs Cincinnati 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- How to Bet SMU vs Navy 2019 College Football Week 13 Spread & Expert Pick
- Boston College vs Notre Dame 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds & Prediction
- Purdue vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 13 Spread & Analysis
- Illinois vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 13 Spread & Game Info
- Kansas State vs Texas Tech 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Duke vs Wake Forest 2019 College Football Week 13 Lines & Expert Pick
- Minnesota vs Northwestern 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds & Betting Analysis
- College Football Picks Week 13 & Wazzu Trip Recap (Ep. 755)
- Texas vs Baylor 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Samford vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 13 Lines & Expert Prediction
- How to Bet Arkansas vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds & Game Info