The Minnesota Golden Gophers and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets will both look to finish off their seasons in style when they battle in the 2018 Quick Lane Bowl on Wednesday, December 26. Now, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their college bowl betting odds.
Minnesota vs Georgia Tech 2018 Quick Lane Bowl Odds & Prediction
- When: Wednesday, December 26, 2018, 5:15 PM ET
- Where: Ford Field
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- 2018 Quick Lane Bowl Odds: Georgia Tech -3.5 (Total 57)
- Overcast: 2°C/36°F
- Humidity: 77%
- Precipitation: 6%
- Cloud Cover: 81%
- Wind: 3 mph ENE
Why Bet On Minnesota at +3.5?
Why bet on Minnesota in this one? The only reason to back the Gophers is that they have the slightly better defense statistically speaking. Minnesota has alternated wins and losses over their last five games but picked up a shocking 37-15 blowout win over Wisconsin in their Big Ten regular-season finale on Nov. 24.
- Average Score For: 28.50
- Total Yards: 378.59
- Rush Yards: 163.42
- Passing Yards: 215.17
- Average Score Against: 27.92
- Total Yards: 394.34
- Rush Yards: 170.67
- Passing Yards: 223.67
Why Bet On Georgia Tech at -3.5?
Why bet on Georgia Tech in this one? The best reason is that they have the better offense and have been more consistent.
The Yellow Jackets lost to Georgia 45-21 in their regular season finale after winning each of their previous four games. Georgia Tech averages 35.5 points per game while allowing 28.9 points per contest defensively.
- Average Score For: 35.58
- Total Yards: 419.33
- Rush Yards: 335.00
- Passing Yards: 84.33
- Average Score Against: 28.92
- Total Yards: 367.75
- Rush Yards: 149.83
- Passing Yards: 217.92
Minnesota vs Georgia Tech 2018 Quick Lane Bowl Betting Trends
- Minnesota is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games
- Georgia Tech is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Georgia Tech’s last 5 games
- Golden Gophers are 4-9-3 ATS in their last 16 games after accumulating more than 200 yards rushing in their previous game
- Golden Gophers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after accumulating less than 170 yards passing in their previous game
- Golden Gophers are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 games following a straight up win of more than 20 points
- Yellow Jackets are 25-11-1 ATS in their last 37 games after allowing less than 170 yards passing in their previous game
- Yellow Jackets are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games following a straight up loss of more than 20 points
- Yellow Jackets are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games following an ATS loss
Expert Analysis & Score Prediction for Minnesota vs Georgia Tech
The Gophers might be 5-0 ATS in their last five non-conference games, but they’re also just 2-5-1 ATS in their last eight games following a straight-up win. On the flip side of the coin, Minnesota is 4-0-1 ATS in their last five neutral-site games and 5-1 ATS in their last six games in the month of December. The Yellow Jackets are the easy pick in this one college football bettors.
Score: Georgia Tech 38 – Minnesota 27