Given the huge number of players routinely leaving the college game for the NFL, it is hard for any team to become a dynasty in college football. The huge College Football Week 11 Odds favorite Alabama is about as close as it gets to be that dynasty team, as they have been about as close to unbeatable as it gets during the Nick Saban era. As good as they have been, there is a sense of some unfinished business with this current crop of players, which probably comes from losing to Clemson in the Championship Game last season.
Alabama comes into this week with a perfect 9-0 record, and it certainly looks as though they will be facing Georgia, who have already clinched their spot, for the SEC crown. The Crimson Tide have some tough games in the final 3 weeks of the regular season, and it all begins with a potentially tricky game against the Mississippi State Bulldogs this coming Saturday. Alabama is in as a 14-point favorite for this one, with the point total set at 51. Can Mississippi State derail the Crimson Tide this coming weekend? Let’s take a closer look.
Crimson Tide (9-0) vs. Bulldogs (7-2) College Football Week 11 Odds & Pick
— Alabama Football (@AlabamaFTBL) 7 de noviembre de 2017
- When: Saturday, November 11 at 7 PM EST
- Where: Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field, Mississippi
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: 94.5 FM (Alabama) / 97.3 FM (Mississippi State)
- Live Stream: SEC Network
- College Football Week 11 Odds: Alamaba Crimson Tider -14 (Over/Under 51)
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Alabama Crimson Tide lead 9-1
- Score: Alabama Crimson Tide 29.40 / Mississippi State Bulldogs 8.70
- Rush Yards: Alabama Crimson Tide 195.30 / Mississippi State Bulldogs 84.60
- Pass Attempts: Alabama Crimson Tide 27.20 / Mississippi State Bulldogs 32.30
- Completion Percentage: Alabama Crimson Tide 62.13 / Mississippi State Bulldogs 48.30
- Passing Yards: Alabama Crimson Tide 209.30 / Mississippi State Bulldogs 172.70
- Total Yards: Alabama Crimson Tide 404.6 / Mississippi State Bulldogs 257.3
- Turnovers: Alabama Crimson Tide 1.20 / Mississippi State Bulldogs 1.70
Why bet on the Alabama Crimson Tide?
If Alabama is going to come up short this year, it may not be because of their play on the field. This team is battling through some serious injury issues right now, and while this team has a lot of talented guys ready to step up and fill the holes, it’s tough to maintain a high level of play when the team chemistry gets a little mixed up.
Despite the injuries, Alabama is still sitting in the #2 spot, with many college football fans believe that they should actually be ahead of Georgia. We will get to see how those two teams really stack up if they meet in the SEC Championship Game, but before they make that trip to Atlanta, Alabama still have some business to take care of.
Alabama has won 9 of their last 10 against Mississippi State, and 6 of their last 7 trips to the home of the Bulldogs. The Crimson Tide are also 6-3 ATS in their last 9 games against Mississippi State.
- Average Score For: 40.89
- Total Yards: 477.44
- Rush Yards: 278.44
- Passing Yards: 199.00
- Average Score Against: 9.78
- Total Yards: 243.89
- Rush Yards: 75.89
- Passing Yards: 168.00
Why bet on the Mississippi State Bulldogs?
Mississippi State started this season as one of the best teams in the game, especially on offense, where they were putting up some big numbers early on, but that’s not enough to be the College Football Week 11 Odds favorite. That all came to an end when they were destroyed by Georgia. They then only managed 10 points against Auburn the week after that loss to the Dawgs, and it looked as though they were about to come seriously undone. They have done a very nice job of righting the ship since then, winning 4 in a row.
The offense has not reached the heights they were at in the early part of the season, but they have certainly been good enough to take care of their opponents during this stretch, averaging about 37 PPG in the last 4. We have already explained how the Bulldogs have struggled against Alabama in recent years, but they should not be overlooked here. They have won their last 5 home games, going 4-1 ATS in those matches.
- Average Score For: 33.89
- Total Yards: 428.77
- Rush Yards: 259.33
- Passing Yards: 169.44
- Average Score Against: 18.00
- Total Yards: 289.33
- Rush Yards: 124.11
- Passing Yards: 165.22
Latest College Football Week 11 Betting Trends
- Alabama is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Alabama is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total went UNDER in 5 of Alabama’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Mississippi State
- Mississippi State is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Mississippi State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total went UNDER in 5 of Mississippi State’s last 7 games
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
Alabama looks like a pretty safe bet to win this one, but can they cover that hefty spread? I’m not so sure they can, especially given their current injury woes. I like Alabama to back their College Football Week 11 Odds to win and the Bulldogs to cover.
Score: Alabama Crimson Tide 31 – Mississippi State Bulldogs 20