Could be a bit of a trap game for No. 6 Georgia on Saturday off a huge win over rival Florida. The Dawgs look to stay in control of the SEC East Division when they host Missouri on Saturday. UGA is a 17-point betting favorite at Mybookie.
How to Bet Missouri vs Georgia College Football Week 11 Lines & Game Info
- When: Saturday, 7 PM ET
- Where: Sanford Stadium
- TV: ESPN
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- College Football Week 11 Lines: UGA -17 (Total 47)
Last Missouri vs Georgia Meeting
Georgia beat Missouri 43-29 last year. The Bulldogs opened a 20-7 halftime lead without an offensive touchdown. In the first quarter, Georgia cornerback Tyson Campbell stripped Missouri tight end Albert Okwuegbunam, scooped up the ball and returned it 68 yards for a touchdown. In the second quarter, Eric Stokes burst off the left side of the Georgia line, blocked a punt and returned it 8 yards for another TD. Jake Fromm threw touchdown passes of 33 yards to Riley Ridley, 61 yards to Jeremiah Holloman and 54 yards to Mecole Hardman.
The Bulldogs hold a 7-1 edge in the series history with Missouri.
Why Bet on Missouri?
Not clear if Missouri will have starting QB Kelly Bryant, the Clemson transfer, for this one. He’s dealing with a strained hamstring. Asked if his mobility might be limited if he plays at Georgia, Bryant indicated that he won’t play unless he’s able to be the same running threat out of the pocket. It has been more than six years since Missouri started a backup quarterback because of an injury to the starter. It most recently happened in 2013 when a shoulder injury to James Franklin thrust Maty Mauk into the lineup for a four-game stretch.
Mizzou was off last week and lost 29-7 at Kentucky on Oct. 26 to fall to 5-3 overall and 2-2 in the SEC. Bryant went 10-19 for 130 yards and one TD in the game. Tyler Badie made two receptions for 82 yards, including a career-long 74-yard TD reception to score Mizzou’s first touchdown of the game. Badie also added six carries for 31 yards in the game.
With 58 rushing yards in the game, junior RB Larry Rountree III moved into seventh place in program history with 2,563 rushing yards. He surpassed Corby Jones, who totaled 2,533 yards from 1995-98, and Tony Temple, who had 2,552 yards from 2004-07.
Linebacker Nick Bolton led Mizzou in tackles for the third straight contest, as he recorded 12 stops in the game, including nine solo tackles. It marked the third consecutive game Bolton has recorded 10+ tackles, and the fourth overall game with 10+ stops this season.
That it’s November could be good for Missouri as the Tigers are 10-2 in the regular season’s final month since Barry Odom took the program’s helm and have won the last nine November games dating back to Nov. 25, 2016, when they defeated Arkansas, 28-24, in Columbia. Mizzou is outscoring its opponents 375-181 (41.7-20.1 per game) during that nine-game November winning streak. Mizzou and Georgia have never met during the month of November.
- Points per Game: 31.75
- Passing Yards: 244.13
- Rushing Yards: 184.38
- Yards per Play: 5.81
- Points per Game: 18.13
- Passing Yards: 144.50
- Rushing Yards: 136.88
- Yards per Play: 4.44
Why Bet on Georgia?
Georgia’s Kirby Smart and Missouri’s Barry Odom are two of 11 head coaches at schools from Power 5 conferences that are coaching at their alma mater.
Georgia is coming off of a 24-17 win vs. No. 8 Florida last week in Jacksonville. A Missouri win here, though, would create a three-way tie in the loss column in the SEC East Division standings. Georgia, Florida and Mizzou would each have two league losses, though Mizzou has played one fewer SEC game than Georgia and two fewer than Florida.
Last week was Georgia’s third consecutive victory over Florida and sixth in the past nine years. It improved Georgia’s record this season to 7-1 overall and 4-1 in the Southeastern Conference.
Dawgs QB Jake Fromm’s most important throw came on a third-and-7 play with a little more than two minutes remaining. The Gators had rallied twice to make it a one-score game in the final quarter, and Fromm needed one more completion to end any chance of a comeback. He found tight end Eli Wolf for a 22-yard gain and that was that.
Wide receiver Lawrence Cager had a career day as he set new highs in receptions (7), yards (132) and career-long touchdown catch (52 yards). Fromm completed 20-of-30 passes for 279 yards and a pair of scores.
Strong DefenseGeorgia entered leading the SEC and ranked 5th nationally in scoring defense (10.6 points per game). The Gators were held to 17 points (14 coming in the 4th quarter) and 278 yards of total offense on 52 plays. They came in averaging at least 400 total yards through its first eight games this year. The Gators were 0-for-4 on third down and finished 2-for-9 on the day. The Bulldogs are fifth nationally in rushing defense allowing just 85.7 yards a game, and the Gators had just 21 yards.
UGA is the only team in the nation yet to allow a rushing TD. The defense has posted 20 scoreless quarters, including shutouts against Arkansas State (55-0) and Kentucky (21-0). In its last six games, Georgia has surrendered just 24 points in the second half, which includes 14 from Florida in the fourth quarter last week. The Bulldogs have outscored opponents in the second half 123-34, including 73-21 in the fourth quarter.
All-American PK Rodrigo Blankenship has tallied 76 points this year. His 9.5 pts/game ranks second in the SEC. He is 15-for-17 on FGs and 31-for-31 on PATs. He has made three 50 yarders this year (@ VU, @ UT, SC).
- Points per Game: 36.00
- Passing Yards: 234.43
- Rushing Yards: 237.14
- Yards per Play: 6.98
- Points per Game: 10.57
- Passing Yards: 181.00
- Rushing Yards: 85.71
- Yards per Play: 4.32
Missouri vs Georgia College Football Week 11 Betting Trends
- Underdog is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 meetings
- Over is 5-2 in the last 7 meetings
- Road team is 5-2 ATS in their last 7 meetings
- Tigers are 12-0 SU in their last 12 games played in week 11
- Tigers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games when playing as the underdog
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Missouri’s last 5 games this season
- Badgers are 7-0 SU in their last 7 games played in November
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Georgia’s last 5 games against an opponent in the Southeast conference
Expert Final Score Prediction for Missouri vs Georgia
Missouri 13 – Georgia 34
More Week 11 Betting News
- Georgia Southern vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 1 Odds & Analysis
- Miami (OH) vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 1 Spread, Game Preview & Pick
- Louisiana Tech vs Texas 2019 College Football Week 1 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Idaho vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 1 Odds & Expert Pick
- Florida Atlantic vs Ohio State 2019 College Football Week 1 Lines, Game Info & Analysis
- Eastern Washington vs Washington College Football Week 1 Odds & Analysis
- South Alabama vs Nebraska 2019 College Football Week 1 Lines & Game Preview
- Alabama vs Duke 2019 College Football Week 1 Odds, Prediction & Pick
- Northern Iowa vs Iowa State 2019 College Football Week 1 Odds & Pick
- Texas State vs Texas A&M 2019 College Football Week 1 Odds, Game Info and Pick
- Georgia Tech vs Clemson 2019 College Football Week 1 Lines, Analysis and Prediction
- Florida A&M vs UCF 2019 College Football Week 1 Odds, Preview and Pick
- 2019 College Football Week 1 Odds, Overview & Picks
- Arizona vs Hawaii 2019 College Football Week 1 Lines, Analysis & Prediction