No matter which sport you are talking about, when you talk about individual teams, the conversation usually turns to the identity of those teams. There are some who are known for playing hard-hitting defense, while others are all about throwing the ball all over the field and playing a very open style of football. There are different categories within there, too, with some teams known for being great at stopping the run or getting to the quarterback, while others see success using the ground and pound. Defending a team begins with knowing their identity and what they are going to do when they go up against you.
When it comes to the Navy Midshipmen, we all know that they are going to be running the triple option offense, which means that the ball rarely goes through the air. While it seems like a pretty basic attack, it’s one that is frustratingly tough to stop. Navy will take their running attack on the road for the final game of the regular season, heading into Houston to take on the Cougars. The Midshipmen are favored by 8, with the point total set at 58 ½.
Navy vs Houston 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- When: Saturday, November 30 at 7 PM EST
- Where: TDECU Stadium, Houston
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- College Football Week 14 Odds: Navy – 8 (Total 58.5)
Why bet on the Navy Midshipmen?While this is the final game of the regular season for the majority of teams in college football, it is in fact the penultimate game for Navy, as they will have their annual regular season closer against Army in a couple of weeks from now. The goal for the Midshipmen at this point would have to be to get into double-digit wins for the season, as they are coming into this weekend with a very solid 8-2 SU record.
They had a tough, albeit expected, loss at the hands of Notre Dame a couple of weeks ago, but they bounced right back last weekend with a very impressive 35-28 win over ranked SMU. Over the course of their last 14 games, Navy is 11-3 ATS, while also going 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games against teams from the AAC.
- Points per Game: 37.60
- Passing Yards: 103.20
- Rushing Yards: 352.20
- Yards per Play: 6.55
- Points per Game: 22.50
- Passing Yards: 216.60
- Rushing Yards: 107.30
- Yards per Play: 5.23
Why bet on the Houston Cougars?After a truly disappointing second half of the season, the Houston Cougars will not be heading to a bow game this holiday season. This will be the end of the road for them in 2019, as they look to close things out by improving on a disappointing 4-7 record. This is a team that is scoring just shy of 30 PPG, but they have a defense that is allowing over 32 PPG, so it always feels as though they are playing catch up.
The Cougars have had the better of their past meetings with the Navy Midshipmen, going 3-1 SU and ATS. 3 of those 4 meetings went OVER the point total, which is something we may also want to look at with this game. In their last 10 Saturday games, the Cougars are 3-7 ATS.
- Points per Game: 29.73
- Passing Yards: 186.09
- Rushing Yards: 193.09
- Yards per Play: 5.83
- Points per Game: 32.00
- Passing Yards: 304.91
- Rushing Yards: 157.00
- Yards per Play: 6.65
Navy vs Houston College Football Week 14 Betting Trends
- Midshipmen are 1-12 SU in their last 13 games on the road
- Midshipmen are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games played in November
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Navy’s last 6 games played on a Saturday
- Cougars are 3-6 SU in their last 9 games this season
- Cougars are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games played in week 14
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Navy vs HoustonThis is a game that I expect Navy to win, but I think the bet that we should be looking at here is the OVER, as I think this one easily surpasses the total of 58 ½.
Score: Navy Midshipmen 48 – Houston Cougars 24
More Week 14 College Football Betting News
- Alabama vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Iowa State vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Florida State vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Preview
- Texas A&M vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 14 Betting Lines & Analysis
- Rutgers vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Notre Dame vs Stanford 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Navy vs Houston 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Georgia vs Georgia Tech 2019 College Football Week 14 Lines & Analysis
- Baylor vs Kansas 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Oregon State vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Analysis
- Colorado vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 14 Betting Lines & Preview
- Ohio State vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Prediction
- Boise State vs Colorado State 2019 College Football Week 14 Lines & Preview
- Appalachian State vs Troy 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Info